New Member Introductions

WV FOOTER

Despite having delved deeply into the bigfoot phenomenon, I don't believe. I'd like to believe, but when one wants to believe something, it can lead to confirmation bias and skewed thinking. Many years ago, I was a member of a bigfoot forum. It could have even been this one, but it was so long ago, I can't remember for sure.

I found most of the "evidence" for bigfoot dismissible, and in some cases, laughable. The best evidence, IMO, is the PGF. I recently studied a remastered, high-definition version of the film. I think I've found evidence that a suit was used, but considering how many people have studied the film, I'm sure there must be another take on my observation. So, I'm here to hear it, but I need a PGF "expert" to give me the believers' side of the story.

TTFN

On 12/29/2018 at 11:43 AM, WV FOOTER said:

Welcome to the Bigfoot Forums. Please use this area to tell us about yourself and briefly how you became interested in Bigfoot!

If you wish to post your BF encounters, experiences and stories, please do so in the appropriate threads- after you introduce yourself here. This is not the area for prolonged or continuous encounter reports because they will simply be deleted. If you need assistance, contact a moderator or administrator. 

Thanks and enjoy the forums.

Hello, everyone! I am new here to this forum. I have read the "First Time Instructions" post and therefore I am introducing myself. My name is Brittany. I have never personally had any interactions with a Bigfoot; however, I have always been open-minded and interested in the creature. I decided to join this community in hopes of reading stories from others who may have sighted or came in contact with one. Thank you for reading my post. Well wishes to you. 

• Upvote 1

Welcome Brittany. I would advise all 'new' persons to this field to bookmark a website for reading:

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/

The person who started the site, Bobbie Short, passed years ago but her grandson keeps the site available. Bobbie Short was writing a book when she passed. Others jumped in to finish the book. Now available in PDF form from her site.

The first release was in 2018, it is 157 pages and called  "The de facto Sasquatch".

The second release was in 2019, it is  406 pages and called "Sasquatch behavior".  They do not exhibit universal behavior.

Both PDFs are worth downloading and parking on your hard drive.

Bigfoot Encounters has many historical and modern stories.

Enjoy.

Small steps.

Hello everyone from the UK. Obviously i haven’t had an encounter myself but fell in love with the subject 40 years ago when i watched Boggy creek. 

I’m here to learn more, and also read others encounters or experiences.

Hopefully contributing myself when applicable.

Good morning guys.  I just watched "A Flash of Beauty - Bigfoot Revealed" (2022) and found the bigfootmappingproject.com which lead me here.  Happy to find you guys.  I've been I've been searching the landscapes and trees for a bf individual since I was a kid and am most interested in their vocalizations.  The Sierra vocalizations are simply astonishing.  I go back and listen to them over and over again.

Hello! I'm a 'new' member - although I'm pretty sure I used to be a member here a long time ago, back when Bipto ran the site. My old membership credentials don't seem to work though, so I've re-registered. 

I'm based in the UK, so sadly Sasquatch hunting is purely a vicarious pursuit for me. I got hooked on the subject about 25 years ago when I picker up a book that had a full page blow up of Patty's face from 'the look' frame from the PGF and immediately realised that this was a photo for genuine creature and not some guy in a suit. 

I somehow got involved in the BFRO - I don't even remember how! - but Matt asked me to build the Native American Legends part of the BFRO website. I think that's still online, untouched from how I built it all that time ago. I had 'curator' access to the BFRO reports, and had first hand experience of how they filter out the bogus reports and investigate the good ones. I saw that they are a legit organisation, from the inside.

I had a potential encounter on a visit to the US about 20 years ago. Maybe I'll save that story for one of my 'substantive' posts 😀 

• Upvote 1
Admin
7 hours ago, Skookum said:

Hello! I'm a 'new' member - although I'm pretty sure I used to be a member here a long time ago, back when Bipto ran the site. My old membership credentials don't seem to work though, so I've re-registered. 

I'm based in the UK, so sadly Sasquatch hunting is purely a vicarious pursuit for me. I got hooked on the subject about 25 years ago when I picker up a book that had a full page blow up of Patty's face from 'the look' frame from the PGF and immediately realised that this was a photo for genuine creature and not some guy in a suit. 

I somehow got involved in the BFRO - I don't even remember how! - but Matt asked me to build the Native American Legends part of the BFRO website. I think that's still online, untouched from how I built it all that time ago. I had 'curator' access to the BFRO reports, and had first hand experience of how they filter out the bogus reports and investigate the good ones. I saw that they are a legit organisation, from the inside.

I had a potential encounter on a visit to the US about 20 years ago. Maybe I'll save that story for one of my 'substantive' posts 😀 

Welcome back Skookum.

I am Friedrich from America's Mountain West.  Here in the Mountain West we have the smallest population in the States, less than 10%.

I have lived in California for 30 years.  I now live in Idaho, and have done so for 25 years.  The other five years I have spent in Illinois, Provo, etc.

I have been in interested in the Bigfoot phenomena since 1974, or so.  I saw the Patterson film, watched Sasquatch: The Legend of Bigfoot, The Legend of Boggy Creek, In Search Of, and read Roger Patterson's book Do Abominable Snowmen of North America really exist.  

I look forward to being here.

Hello, everyone. I just made friends with a current group member (Kerry) and she sent me this way. I'm looking forward to troll-free discussions. I've not had any experiences of my own (I live in Nebraska) but wholeheartedly believe Sasquatch exists. I've been fascinated with the subject since first seeing the Patterson film as a child in the late 70s. Of late, I've been reading, watching, and listening to everything I can find. I'm a published author and am currently working on a book about all things cryptid, paranormal, & ufo. 

• Upvote 1
Admin
8 hours ago, Erin M Mc said:

Hello, everyone. I just made friends with a current group member (Kerry) and she sent me this way. I'm looking forward to troll-free discussions. I've not had any experiences of my own (I live in Nebraska) but wholeheartedly believe Sasquatch exists. I've been fascinated with the subject since first seeing the Patterson film as a child in the late 70s. Of late, I've been reading, watching, and listening to everything I can find. I'm a published author and am currently working on a book about all things cryptid, paranormal, & ufo. 

Welcome to the BFF Erin, we're glad you're here.

• Like 1

Hello everyone! I was so happy to find this forum, as I was looking for a place where I could not only discuss the Expedition Bigfoot series but also have general discussions about my favorite species! My father passed away last week and I had so been hoping that Sasquatch would have been widely accepted by the mainstream scientific community before he passed (of which he and I are a part). He had adopted a pretty skeptical viewpoint, but then he hasn't followed all the science like I have through the years. But he enjoyed my passion for all things Sasquatch and sent me Bigfoot-related gifts throughout my life. My earliest Sasquatch memory having to do with my dad and I is of me asking him to read me a Bigfoot magazine article because I was too young to read. Gosh, I won't tell you how long ago that was, but it was a long time ago!

I am looking forward to making friends and learning from you all!

Hi everyone, my name is michael, i've been into bigfoot and other cryptids and ghost since i was in elementary school when i found a book about bigfoot and other cryptids in the school library 

Hello. I'm Jake from Dayton, Ohio. I have been interested in Bigfoot and other Fortean topics since for over 30 years since I was a kid. I have also had some personal encounters of my own.

Hello from Virginia!

I’m interested in research on Bigfoot. I have read a lot of accounts on the internet but have not had an encounter yet if my own. I do hike a lot and hopefully one day I’ll see it. For now, I’m strictly researching online, people’s accounts and videos, that kind of stuff. I joined this community to learn more about experience of others.

• Upvote 1