New Member Introductions

WV FOOTER

Hi BFF,

I've always had an interest in Sasquatch and finally moved to the Pacific Northwest 4 years ago. I never realized how forested this region was until I arrived.

Its not difficult to see why sightings are limited and evidence is so difficult to locate in this region. Although I haven't had any encounters; I am very excited to explore more and listen to other input from this forum.

Guest ThagSimmons

Greetings!

I am an aspiring researcher in Portland, OR.  I've had three encounters; one in Northern California's Klamath-Siskiyou mountains in the 1980s, and two much more recently in Washington state.  The two in Washington occurred within a few miles of one another in a specific area that it is my intention to investigate further.  I am joining the BFF because I'm looking for tips, tricks, recommendations and even, potentially, collaborators.  I have a background in both journalism and anthropology and eventually would like to publish something substantive on the subject of bigfoot, though I say that while also being well-aware that yet another book or article that doesn't actually contribute anything to the state of public knowledge regarding bigfoot is quite probably pointless and even laughable. 

So maybe that won't happen, which is fine.

Anyhow, I am glad to have found this site and look forward to participating.  

-Thag Simmons     

Admin
2 minutes ago, ThagSimmons said:

Anyhow, I am glad to have found this site and look forward to participating.  

-Thag Simmons     

Welcome to the BFF Thag.

I hope you enjoy it here.

On 6/9/2020 at 4:37 PM, Sharlesoni said:

Hi from the West Country of the UK, where I suspect we have no apes (Scotland's subarctic being our best candidate for a habitat). I'm very glad to be able to learn from the discussions here, and hopefully go some way to understanding beyond the established lie so that it may be dismantled in the future. Cheers !

Welcome.  Do you have comments about 'Big Gray Man',  "Am Fear Lieath Mor"?

Something closer to home may be the Cryptozoological Section and the CFZ Feed. ( UK cryptids and big cats ).

Edited by Catmandoo
more text
Guest MidnightMarina

So I was doing research online when I stumbled across this site. I am located in the Southern Tier of NY, and after an experience last September (2019) my husband and I want to do some field research. I've been watching the show from Animal Planet but I feel like the leader guy is just trying to make it more dramatic and is often belittling the biologists knowledge, while their expert caller thinks everything is a bigfoot. 

Anyway my husband and I often go to Rattlesnake Hill area in NY for our anniversary in September, been doing it for the last ten years. Last year was a little different since we didn't take any fireworks or do any target practicing, it was just a quiet relaxing time out of the city. It was dusk and I had just built up the campfire for the night when we heard something splash out of site across a creek that runs by cabin. We just figured it was a deer, but then we heard a couple wood knocks. I joked and said must be a bigfoot. My husband (always a skeptic) scoffed at me and i decided to mess around and bang some wood on a tree near the fire. there were a couple knocks back then it ignored me. I didn't think much of it, we settled in watching the flames and chit chatting. Then this terrible smell, like an outhouse came over to us. I got up and checked the outhouse and smell wasn't even over by it ( it was probably 100 feet away tucked into the woods a bit, and the door was shut). I decided we better go in, since it might be a bear. (I know they reek of garbage, and i figured this one might of rolled in something worse). So we went into the cabin for a little bit keeping an eye on the fire from the window and giving the critter time to move on. After a half hour we went back out, the smell was gone. Then off in the distance we heard this sound, like a man, but not. A deep yell that sounded thru the valley. It came from the state land next door, which didn't allow any recreation after dark, even camping. We heard the yell a total of three or four times. It really spooked my husband, i wanted to go out and investigate, i made my myself think it might be someone who was lost or hurt. It stopped though and we heard something big move across the creek again, then the smell came back. We didn't go back out that night.

Now my husband (after hearing some bigfoot recordings) is certain, without a shadow of a doubt(and I agree) that the sound we heard was the classic bigfoot call. I might brush it off as someone screwing with us, but that horrid sewage smell kinda makes me think it was the genuine article. So we are planning on doing some investigating, we can't go there for now because it's my parents place and my dad is high risk for COVID, and I work at a hospital so i don't want to get him sick (better safe then sorry). There was a siting reported the BFRO at a local state forest, which also has a nice sized pond for fishing we might make a trip of it, do some camping, fishing and bigfoot hunting. Looking into getting a thermal camera attachment for my phone, a go pro, and a parabolic sound dish. So for now I'm doing research seeing what else is out there, and if i can find any more local info.  If all else fails it will be nice to do some camping and fishing and just get out of the city for a while.

Welcome MidnightMarina. There has to be a back story to that signature. So........you smelled the smell and couldn't blame it on a dog.  Did the odor burn your sinus membranes?

Guest MidnightMarina
9 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

Welcome MidnightMarina. There has to be a back story to that signature. So........you smelled the smell and couldn't blame it on a dog.  Did the odor burn your sinus membranes?

I sinus issues all the time so it’s rare that I can smell anything unless it’s super strong. There weren’t any dogs with us either so nope couldn’t blame it on a dog. It wasn’t really a wet dog smell anyway it was more like some thing rolled in a bad case of diarrhea and blood and then let it rot for a while, that old putrid blood smell mixed with sewage. Like I said I thought maybe it was a bear and I if it was just one thing I would have myself convinced that it was.

As for my handle I am more of a night owl and I love the sea, add to that that I’m pagan and voila  my fun handle MidnightMarina 

Guest Pebbleskipper

Hi! I live in Los Angeles, so I'm just south of the Angeles national forest and San Gabriel national monument. I have been interested in Bigfoot since I was a kid, and researchers and stories have kept me interested all this time 😊

Hi all, returning member here, used to hang out here a lot but my membership must have been lost. Always enjoyed this place and need a diversion right now.

• Upvote 1
Admin

Welcome to all of our newest members! 

Please feel free to share and contribute to the forum. Your participation is vital.