Say you have a body. Now what?

NorthWind

23 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

But Dr.Meldrum is on my top list since

He's on my list but so are a handful of others.   I think we have to have MANY people separately, and in isolation, review the physical evidence, do the DNA work etc.    If there is a conspiracy, we cannot rely on any one source to give us accurate feedback.    If any are being subverted, all can be, so we have to assume at least some are, get various / independent results, and then see which ones track and which ones do not.  Of course, it is possibly possible (?) that all labs capable of doing the work are compromised.  If that's the case, it can't be solved.

• Upvote 1

^^^ QFT

7 minutes ago, MIB said:

If any are being subverted, all can be, so we have to assume at least some are,

If I was to speculate I would say the high profile people would be the most at risk for subversion. Could be that being more in the public eye may be seen as a safety net of sorts but IMHO too many eyes are on people like Dr. Meldrum and Dr. Disotell and other high profile researchers- especially if something critical had been discovered.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

If I was to speculate I would say the high profile people would be the most at risk for subversion. Could be that being more in the public eye may be seen as a safety net of sorts but IMHO too many eyes are on people like Dr. Meldrum and Dr. Disotell and other high profile researchers- especially if something critical had been discovered.

From what Dr. Meldrum has shared about himself, his scientific balance with his religious beliefs, my speculation is he has too much moral high ground to be swayed by a conspiracy. He has taken so much flak from so many angles over the years, he has nerves of steel to even stay in the career niche he is in.  I further speculate that he has more than a scientific interest in the BF phenomena. Guessing there is some Mormon historical/archaeological/anthropological reasoning in the mix that he keeps on the shelf to be pulled out "if/when." 

• Upvote 1

If you have a real body and your goal is public acceptance and whatever else comes with (which I do not), I would not rely on Dr. Meldrum or any current BF expert. Nothing personal, but I am more of a control freak and just don't trust the current BF establishment.  I think your best choice is to book an interview with GMA or something similar for the reveal.  You will need to make a very public, big splash before the authorities can react and get way ahead of the bad PR that is sure to follow.  Make sure Drudge has deatiled pics to be released during the GMA interview,  Your second is the most important and would need to be thought out way in advance.  I would have an Asian lab do a DNA sequence, blood analysis, and other medical tests in advance and release them after the GMA interview in a drip drip like fashion over the next few weeks.  I would also have a good, private lawyer retain the data outside the US.  As a courtesy I would send detailed foot pics and measurements to Meldrum as part of Phase 2.  And then I would go in to hiding for a year or two.  I would also make sure my taxes were paid and bullet proof.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, NCBFr said:

And then I would go in to hiding for a year or two.

That would be virtually impossible for anyone who has been at all in touch with the digital world at whatever level during the last ten years.

Just for information:  A new species quality, science acceptable, court acceptable level DNA analysis will cost about $40,000.  That was what I was quoted two years ago regarding the corn eating.  I genuinely apologize, I can't find the photos to share.  We are transitioning between three computers just now. 

NCBFr makes some interesting points, some of which I respectfully disagree.  For instance, should I obtain physical evidence, Dr. Meldrum is the first person I would call. 

3 hours ago, hiflier said:

That would be virtually impossible for anyone who has been at all in touch with the digital world at whatever level during the last ten years.

Archbishop Vigano is proving you incorrect.

BFF Patron
14 hours ago, Arvedis said:

From what Dr. Meldrum has shared about himself, his scientific balance with his religious beliefs, my speculation is he has too much moral high ground to be swayed by a conspiracy. He has taken so much flak from so many angles over the years, he has nerves of steel to even stay in the career niche he is in.  I further speculate that he has more than a scientific interest in the BF phenomena. Guessing there is some Mormon historical/archaeological/anthropological reasoning in the mix that he keeps on the shelf to be pulled out "if/when." 

If there is a conspiracy that involves the government high moral ground means nothing.    The government will investigate the individuals involved,   find wrong doing or manufacture it,   then start shutting things down under threat of prison time.   All one has to do is look at the history of the discoverers of the T Rex Sue to understand how the government  works.      There is a movie available about the Sue discovery that everyone in BF research should watch.  .    One Sue discoverer,  took the moral high ground,  did not plea out,  and ended up serving two years in a federal prison.   Meldrum has a bunch of kids and would think about them before taking the high ground and doing jail time.    Any discovery can be squelched if the government is involved in coverup.   The finders and the testing labs can be put under pressure to keep a lid on it.     BF DNA will be found to be bear.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

If there is a conspiracy that involves the government high moral ground means nothing.    The government will investigate the individuals involved,   find wrong doing or manufacture it,   then start shutting things down under threat of prison time.   All one has to do is look at the history of the discoverers of the T Rex Sue to understand how the government  works.      There is a movie available about the Sue discovery that everyone in BF research should watch.  .    One Sue discoverer,  took the moral high ground,  did not plea out,  and ended up serving two years in a federal prison.   Meldrum has a bunch of kids and would think about them before taking the high ground and doing jail time.    Any discovery can be squelched if the government is involved in coverup.   The finders and the testing labs can be put under pressure to keep a lid on it.     BF DNA will be found to be bear.   

I don't claim to be an expert with T Rex and the people involved but from what I do know, that wasn't a cover up of T Rex findings. That had more to do with some political brooha with land use. While it is true, anything found on gov land will be an issue, unless that happens I wouldn't expect there to be problem.

I wouldn't expect suppression of any findings based on scientific analysis  I'm curious what government apparatus is set up to so much as look at Bigfoot or any cryptid happenings. Soon we will have private space flight so anyone who can afford it will be able to cruise through Earth orbit and inevitably see UFOs. We are at the point where everyone is equipped with real time video feeds. There is no way to censor it.

Edited by Arvedis

BFF Patron

The question is if there is a government coverup of the BF phenomena.    The T Rex thing basically boiled down to the fact that a guy found the T Rex on government land and dug it up without permission.    If the government does not like something you do,  they punish you.  If they want to keep a lid on BF, they will punish anyone who wants it revealed.   

1 hour ago, Arvedis said:

I don't claim to be an expert with T Rex and the people involved but from what I do know, that wasn't a cover up of T Rex findings. That had more to do with some political brooha with land use. While it is true, anything found on gov land will be an issue, unless that happens I wouldn't expect there to be problem.........

Public land use is likely the 800 lb gorilla in the room, not the simple recognition of an 800 lb sasquatch. All controversy regarding the outdoors involves land use. Presumably, the very reason why government and large private land owners like logging corporations and aboriginal tribes would hide the existence of sasquatches would be subsequent land use problems, and in the case of government there is the additional legal issues of human rights and extant human species other than homo sapiens. (including the sub-human species Homo Lawyeresque, which would be extremely aggressive and unreasonable upon discovery of sasquatches).

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2019 at 8:03 PM, SWWASAS said:

The question is if there is a government coverup of the BF phenomena.    The T Rex thing basically boiled down to the fact that a guy found the T Rex on government land and dug it up without permission.    If the government does not like something you do,  they punish you.  If they want to keep a lid on BF, they will punish anyone who wants it revealed.   

In the case that you were worried about a government coverup, couldn't you use a Canadian University to publish or send body parts to? (That's if you're from the US of course). It might be prudent to have contacts in Europe aswell. There are also European establishments that would no doubt be interested if you emailed for example photos of a foot or head of an unknown primate. The wider the spread, the harder any potential obfuscation would be. 

I just don't think it's realistic in this day and age to assume that a government could suppress such a thing.................they can't even contain damaging leaks from within - and that goes to any number of governments.

32 minutes ago, Celtic Raider said:

I just don't think it's realistic in this day and age to assume that a government could suppress such a thing

Hard to know what the government suppresses unless one KNOWS what the government suppresses. Catch-22. 

1 hour ago, Celtic Raider said:

..........I just don't think it's realistic in this day and age to assume that a government could suppress such a thing.................they can't even contain damaging leaks from within - and that goes to any number of governments.

Government (and media) play leaks like a Stradavarius in politics. It's part of the game, especially when dealing with each other.

But some secrets are more important than others. They can get real serious with those. 

And some secrets are much easier to keep than others. Sasquatchery is one of those. Playing (and maintaining) ignorance is the easiest form of keeping a secret, and the media is pretty much doing the job for them. Consider this from an interview of John Green in 2004:

http://www.bigfootproject.org/interviews/john_green.html

...........Oh, I missed one phase. There was a phase there when any scientist who showed an interest was news. We've now reached the extreme where some of the world's very top people in the relevant fields are very interested and are saying publicly that there should be proper investigation and this is not news. The only thing that's news is that the whole thing has proved to be a fake. The demonstration of that is very clear when this absolute nonsense story about Ray Wallace faking all the foot prints went all around the world in exactly the same time period the Denver Post ran a major article and sidebars on these key scientists who were saying it should be investigated, the Associated Press wouldn't even carry the story. It never went anywhere beyond Denver. To me as a newspaper man, this is absolutely shocking. I tried to contact some of those at Columbia University's long-established graduate school of journalism who keep a tab on the press and the response was, "Nobody here is interested in taking this up." In other words, for 40 years we've been butting our heads against a barrier manned by the scientists saying there can't be any such thing. Now they're stepping away from the ramparts and the media is stepping up to take their place. Absolutely fascinating. The media is seeing to it that this heresy does not get to the public........

..........For example, right now, we have the proof - absolute and indisputable - that the Patterson film is genuine. The newspapers refuse to carry anything of that. It can't be sold so therefore they're not going to be taken in therefore they're not going to run the story. As a result of this silly book where people are claiming that they were involved in making the film we've gone back to looking at the film and realize that, although you can't establish beyond dispute the size of anything, you can establish the relative size of things that are right there in the same film frame. This creature has an intermembral index - the comparison of the length of the arms to the length of the legs - that is totally outside the human range so it cannot be a human in a suit, but it is also totally outside the range of any other known primate of any size at all. Therefore, it has to be an unknown primate. This can only be ignored, it cannot be argued against. All you can do is say, "Well, you can't measure properly on the film." Well, you can't measure precisely, but the different is so slight that it doesn't matter. The human intermembral index is around 70, all of the great apes are over 100, this thing is in the high 80's. The question of the angle of this segment of the arm to the camera and so on, if you look at enough frames, you've got to be able to get to it. And on top of that, we have a forensic animator who worked on the "Legend Meets Science" DVD. He says that they established beyond any question the relative length of where the joints were as the thing was moving and the intermembral index was pretty close to 90. This is a man who says when he was hired to work on the film he took it for granted it was a man in a suit..........