Say you have a body. Now what?

NorthWind

BFF Patron

Good point!   Quite frankly I suspect Meldrum is under observation and would not be a good idea to approach him.   As for myself if I find a body I will call out to the local BF to come and collect it to bury.   Perhaps they will appreciate the courtesy and let me attend the funeral instead of killing me.    I am sort of not kidding on this.  I think any breakthrough will take something as crazy as this.  

3 hours ago, norseman said:

Well he is more than welcome to try..... if he isn’t satisfied with a complete foot after 30 years of wandering around in the woods with a plaster of paris sack.

I think that you can take Jeff Meldrum, bro.  

• Haha 2

Did this thread ever coalesce into a protocol for collection and distribution of samples?

A open source checklist if you will, freely shared on all bigfoot websites, of people who opt-in to send samples to, listing steps how to document,  collect, package, ship, receive, code in verification codes per recipient to validate you own the samples etc? Maybe last step is to post here or some other blog with a preformatted press release.

For example, can you write a protocol as a contract between discoverer and scientist/media persons, have scientists sign up to be recipients ahead of time, and if someone hits one with a truck... They can grab the current protocol, follow it and ship to the list of volunteer recipients?

Meldrum and others could simply agree and get on the waiting list by signing the protocol. I, Joe Schmoe, agree to receive bigfoot samples from anonymous field researchers in the event a Bigfoot is brought in, and do solemnly swear to totally test the body parts and publish the results within 48 hours so help me Patty.

Then a few years go by and one of you finds a corpse at the bottom of a cliff, you execute the protocol, taking pictures, video, and start slicing. In each sample container record your key and destination, then pack in ice and ship. 48 hours later, reports are starting to be published as people race to be first, and then the media is notified?

Something like that seems like it would be handy and prevent the gov from stifling the discovery.

1 hour ago, Doodler said:

Something like that seems like it would be handy and prevent the gov from stifling the discovery.

Color me negative if you must, but if such a protocol were publicly available then if gov't wanted to stifle discovery, gov't would already be a few steps ahead of you anticipating your moves .. and they have the resources to do so.   The only way to "win" is to keep your plans secret ... don't share them here or anywhere else.

MIB

BFF Patron
14 hours ago, Doodler said:

For example, can you write a protocol as a contract between discoverer and scientist/media persons, have scientists sign up to be recipients ahead of time, and if someone hits one with a truck... They can grab the current protocol, follow it and ship to the list of volunteer recipients?

Meldrum and others could simply agree and get on the waiting list by signing the protocol. I, Joe Schmoe, agree to receive bigfoot samples from anonymous field researchers in the event a Bigfoot is brought in, and do solemnly swear to totally test the body parts and publish the results within 48 hours so help me Patty.

Then a few years go by and one of you finds a corpse at the bottom of a cliff, you execute the protocol, taking pictures, video, and start slicing. In each sample container record your key and destination, then pack in ice and ship. 48 hours later, reports are starting to be published as people race to be first, and then the media is notified?

Several years ago I talked about this subject to Meldrum at a BF convention.     What sort of protocols to use.    If the government is involved now in a coverup he is likely being monitored.    I asked him what he would want in a grab and go situation.    Skull first with jawbone, femur next,   arm and hand next or foot next.    That was his choices in order.     I said I would contact him,  remind him of the conversation, and tell him I am going to deliver a package.    He was quite open to the conversation so if you want to approach him about the subject at a conference in private,  I would not hesitate to do that.       But since then,   I learned about the legal problems the discoverers of Sue the T-Rex in the Chicago Museum of Natural History had.    They found her on federal land   One ended up doing two years in a federal prison.   The other plea bargonned and got a lesser sentence.     Since then I have decided that delivering anything to Meldrum is too risky.     Crossing state lines,   the fact he might be monitored,   and just dealing with another state.      I have found a biologist at Washington State University and communicated with him about large animals and infrasound.    I would keep the find in state,  involve a State Univerity Biologist or Primatologist early from that state,    and let them fend off legal turf battles over the ownership of the find.    Making sure that no matter where I found it,   that I reported it as being on State land rather than Federal.     Strangely,   I hope if I ever find something,  it is a skeleton rather than a body.    Just a good for proof,    easier to transport and store.   Then finally I really would not want to be discovered by BF with any portion of one of their dead, especially in the form of a body where they might assume that I did the killing.     Whatever happens it has to be thought out in advance.  

On 1/3/2021 at 6:40 PM, Madison5716 said:

Yeah mine is right next to my face on the shoulder strap. I should move it. I'm just afraid of losing it.

16 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Several years ago I talked about this subject to Meldrum at a BF convention.     What sort of protocols to use.    If the government is involved now in a coverup he is likely being monitored.    I asked him what he would want in a grab and go situation.    Skull first with jawbone, femur next,   arm and hand next or foot next.    That was his choices in order.     I said I would contact him,  remind him of the conversation, and tell him I am going to deliver a package.    He was quite open to the conversation so if you want to approach him about the subject at a conference in private,  I would not hesitate to do that.       But since then,   I learned about the legal problems the discoverers of Sue the T-Rex in the Chicago Museum of Natural History had.    They found her on federal land   One ended up doing two years in a federal prison.   The other plea bargonned and got a lesser sentence.     Since then I have decided that delivering anything to Meldrum is too risky.     Crossing state lines,   the fact he might be monitored,   and just dealing with another state.      I have found a biologist at Washington State University and communicated with him about large animals and infrasound.    I would keep the find in state,  involve a State Univerity Biologist or Primatologist early from that state,    and let them fend off legal turf battles over the ownership of the find.    Making sure that no matter where I found it,   that I reported it as being on State land rather than Federal.     Strangely,   I hope if I ever find something,  it is a skeleton rather than a body.    Just a good for proof,    easier to transport and store.   Then finally I really would not want to be discovered by BF with any portion of one of their dead, especially in the form of a body where they might assume that I did the killing.     Whatever happens it has to be thought out in advance.  

I feel the same way.

Albeit it may be harder for me to decipher what a single bone represents. I could be holding a Moose femur in my hand. The skull would be a no brainer. But anyway it would be a easy way to make a discovery without having to kill one.

BFF Patron

A BF femur has to look just like a human one only longer and a bit more robust.     A four legged animal has the femur hip rotator in a different place than a human femur.    BF may be either way but deer and elk are shorter than human femurs.    Certainly the BF  hand or foot is going to look more human like than a bear paw.   Like you say the skull is a no brainer.     I would bet 100 that their skull does not have a sagital suture.      That is the long one that goes front to back at the top.     The elongated skulls in South America are missing the Sagital suture.    How science can examine them and pretend they are modern human is beyond me when every one of them is missing that suture.    I think even Neanderthol had the sagital suture like modern humans.  

13 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Like you say the skull is a no brainer.

I couldn't have put that better if I tried ;)

15 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

The elongated skulls in South America are missing the Sagital suture.

Maybe the two hemispheres were forced to fuse due to the pressure exerted during the elongation process? That may have resulted in the suture line disappearing.

BFF Patron

Except that there are societies that still do head shaping and they all have the suture.     With adult humans the suture has fused together but it is still visible.     What DNA testing that has been done on the elongated  skulls shows "genetic anomalies."    All you  need to get science to wear blinders is put something on the table that is strange.        The average human male femur is about 19 inches long.   Females run about an inch shorter    Some of the giant skeletons dug up in the late 1800s,   had femurs  well over 20 inches.     The Smithsonian knew full well that the skeletons they confiscated and hauled off were not human.   It must have upset some of their scientists on religeous grounds or something.     Meldrum said during one of his presentations if you find a femur that is 23 inches long you are not looking at a human.  

6 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Except that there are societies that still do head shaping and they all have the suture.     With adult humans the suture has fused together but it is still visible.     What DNA testing that has been done on the elongated  skulls shows "genetic anomalies."    All you  need to get science to wear blinders is put something on the table that is strange.        The average human male femur is about 19 inches long.   Females run about an inch shorter    Some of the giant skeletons dug up in the late 1800s,   had femurs  well over 20 inches.     The Smithsonian knew full well that the skeletons they confiscated and hauled off were not human.   It must have upset some of their scientists on religeous grounds or something.     Meldrum said during one of his presentations if you find a femur that is 23 inches long you are not looking at a human.  

are you basing the smithsonian cover-up on any sources you find reliable?  I know people have written some convincing books on this subject. The problem is the evidence provided is mostly from newspaper articles from the 19th and early 20th century. It's possible that credible fossils were stolen or intentionally destroyed. How to verify? Newspapers of that era were known for perpetuating hoaxes, even the NY Times.

New_York_Times_Giant_Skeletons.jpg

Edited by Arvedis

BFF Patron
On 2/6/2021 at 7:47 PM, Arvedis said:

are you basing the smithsonian cover-up on any sources you find reliable?  I know people have written some convincing books on this subject. The problem is the evidence provided is mostly from newspaper articles from the 19th and early 20th century. It's possible that credible fossils were stolen or intentionally destroyed. How to verify? Newspapers of that era were known for perpetuating hoaxes, even the NY Times.

New_York_Times_Giant_Skeletons.jpg

If it were only one or two old newspaper reports I would probably write them off.    But there were so many different papers and some even showed pictures of the skeletons before the Smithsonian showed up, boxed them, and carted them off.     There was not an Associated Press at the time so it was not the same report being reported by multiple papers.     Today if you found an ancient skeleton it would be confiscated by the government and repatriated to the NA.     We saw that play out with the Kennewick Man in Washington.   Luckily the scientists that wanted to examine it got a friendly judge to issue an injunction and stop it from being handed directly to the NA.   

2 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

If it were only one or two old newspaper reports I would probably write them off.    But there were so many different papers and some even showed pictures of the skeletons before the Smithsonian showed up, boxed them, and carted them off.     There was not an Associated Press at the time so it was not the same report being reported by multiple papers.     Today if you found an ancient skeleton it would be confiscated by the government and repatriated to the NA.     We saw that play out with the Kennewick Man in Washington.   Luckily the scientists that wanted to examine it got a friendly judge to issue an injunction and stop it from being handed directly to the NA.   

IF a tribe of Indians could lay ancestral claim to a Bigfoot fossil....which I doubt.