The "How To Hunt" Channel and Sasquatch Commentary

WSA

What strange to me is how fast he seems to want to jump to a conclusion by posting this his proof of Sasquatch in the area he hunts in.

There's no other reason for posting this on his channel . He has a lot of good stories and he is an accomplished hunter but this is something 

he just should have passed on.

11 minutes ago, Airdale said:

I'll play devil's advocate. We're watching cell phone video made off of a computer monitor which might explain flickering. If it is moths, they are repeating virtually identical flight paths. Has anyone seen an example of a group of raccoons hanging on to the backside of a group of trees and peaking at a trail cam, sometimes switching from one side to the other? Not saying it couldn't happen but if it were at all common there should be other videos. If it is indeed a group of small animals then both eyes should be visible at least some of the time, while a larger creature could get one eye around without exposing the other.

Also note that Steve is not claiming anything about the video other than it is not humans, which should be obvious from the comparison photo with him standing back to one of the trees. The light furthest back is over the top of his head and the ground drops away several feet between the tree he is leaning against and the tree the light is appearing from. Finally, I don't believe he cares what anyone's opinion is; the basis of his pushback on this subject assumes existance and that this internicine back and forth is wasted effort. He is aiming at anyone and everyone responsible for keeping the existance of these beings (his word) hidden from general knowledge.

I'm not arguing for abandoning the often fascinating discussions on the BFF, simply suggesting that they are irrelevant in the context of understanding Steve Isdahl's motives and methods in his, for want of a better word, crusade. Personally, I find him to be a breath of fresh air and am very interested in where this leads. 

I have to disagree on that because that's pretty much the point of posting it on his channel .

He's implying  it's a group of Sasquatch  with out saying it just by posting it on his channel and doing  the comparison pic of him standing by the tree.

As to ever seeing a group of coons or just a single one peeking around a tree at my trail cam.. no

They really don't give a crap about them so no peeking . I have had their faces inches away on video and pics sniffing them  or doing what ever raccoons do .

Edited by 7.62

Haven't met the man, only watched a few dozen of his videos and they don't give me any reason to doubt his word. Quite the contrary, he strikes me as a straight shooter, both literally and figuratively.

Edited by Airdale
Error correction
  • Upvote 1

I think he's wanting to be the next big BF thing.

Although I agree with some of his points, I believe he is full of crap.

Edited by WV FOOTER
Edit Foul Language.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

@NatFoot  I don't want to be that harsh it's just video he posted  that maybe he should have thought about a bit more . There's no question he knows his stuff about hunting big game.

But hey no harm done either way :)

4 hours ago, NatFoot said:

Maybe I'm simple, but I see at least one pair of two eyes. I see what I assume to be small heads (due to the eyes) peaking around the trees nervously.

I didn't see that nice hunk of a buck the first time around.

Would love to hear your wolf story at some point too.

I thought it was eye shine as well. 

One thing I know for a fact? Is that great apes lack a tapetum ludicum. 

6 hours ago, 7.62 said:

@NatFoot  I don't want to be that harsh it's just video he posted  that maybe he should have thought about a bit more . There's no question he knows his stuff about hunting big game.

But hey no harm done either way :)

I see the downvote, so I'll clarify for whoever the critic is.

He is absolutely qualified as a large game hunter. I think he wants to be the next big thing in Bigfootery. I think his style and his shtick is terrible (from a BF perspective) and he's full of crap. If he's so serious...his videos should be about how he will take his special skills and go kill one...rather than be a full bashfest on everyone else.

You could say the same thing about me on here...but I'm nowhere near qualified or have the time to leverage the same skillset he apparently has.

I don’t get the sense that he is anything other than what he advertises himself to be: A working stiff who has been forced to accept a reality he did not want and is not entirely comfortable with. The lifestyle and occupation he has pursued before this tells me a lot about him, maybe more than his words do. I also take a lot away from the total lack of discussion from him regarding the obvious question: Why don’t you go hunt one? If you don’t know why that is not something he would be interested in, you probably need to listen more closely to what he says. 

I do believe him when he says he is completely overwhelmed by how quickly his channel has gained momentum. Like a lot of populist and transformative figures (and yes, I consider him to be one) he has stumbled on a huge demand for his point of view that defies what everyone might have predicted, and which he probably also doesn’t quite understand. He rails about the Deep State Sasquatchers, etc. Sounds a little familiar, me thinks. 

it will be interesting where he goes with this. Like a lot of usurpers, the initial  messaging is the easy part as he exponentially increases his followers. After that? Who knows? Increasingly he will be pushed forward as The Spokesman on this topic. My guess? He would rather go hunting. . I expect that after too much longer he will have said all he cares to say and he will drop off. His legacy though is predicted to be something that might just push this topic a little more towards the light it needs and deserves. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

I see the downvote, so I'll clarify for whoever the critic is.

He is absolutely qualified as a large game hunter. I think he wants to be the next big thing in Bigfootery. I think his style and his shtick is terrible (from a BF perspective) and he's full of crap. If he's so serious...his videos should be about how he will take his special skills and go kill one...rather than be a full bashfest on everyone else.

You could say the same thing about me on here...but I'm nowhere near qualified or have the time to leverage the same skillset he apparently has.

He most definitely jumped in with two feet on the bigfoot subject on his channel and I also agree he tends to bash folks that say they don't exist .

From my take he never seems to show any interest in proving it by killing one . He just seems to like getting emails from people who also had an encounter but were hesitant to talk about it.

Now if he starts getting invited and starts appearing at paid  conferences I would agree with him wanting the spot light .

ps it wasn't me who down voted

Let me preface this by saying that I enjoy his videos and subscribe to his channel.  I find his personality engaging, but I am a sucker for a curmudgeon. However, my impression of him is changing a bit over time...as you can see by my posts in this thread.

That being said... enough with the teasers already.  The constant claims of the great things that 'they' are doing.  What things?  Who are 'they'?  He kind of alluded to this powerhouse team of Bigfoot superstars.  I can put 2 and 2 together and deduce that he is somewhat aligned with the Carpenter/Paulides/Ketchum crew.  Is he building a coalition of non-BFRO Bigfoot researchers to compete with Moneymaker?  

And what are all the great things that they are doing?  Giving people a platform to have their accounts read off of a cellphone screen?  The internet is filled with podcasts and YouTube channels that already do exactly that... albeit with better production values, more polished delivery, and less impressive backdrops.  Maybe they are going to do some sort of big reveal soon, but the constant allusions are getting old.  

So far his videos are 1/3 bragging about his accomplishments in the Bigfoot world without giving any specifics, 1/3 attacking other members of the community, and 1/3 reading accounts off of his phone.  He is turning into Steve Kulls without the airsoft quality tactical gear.  

I have to agree with @NatFoot on this one.  He is uniquely positioned and qualified to be able to put one of these things on slab and do more to further the subject than everyone else in the field put together.  Instead, he reads supposed accounts off of his phone, busts on other researchers, and talk about all the great things that he and his allies accomplish without providing even a hint of a detail.  

I honestly don't know how popular his pure hunting channel was, but I do know that he was all over social media celebrating his 100,000 follower in YouTube.  He obviously wants attention, either for himself or for the subject of Bigfoot.  If it is to further the research and understanding of the subject matter...then enough with the hints and teasers already.  Throw something specific our way already.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, WSA said:

. I also take a lot away from the total lack of discussion from him regarding the obvious question: Why don’t you go hunt one? If you don’t know why that is not something he would be interested in, you probably need to listen more closely to what he says. 

Is it because he thinks they’re human hybrids? I think that’s what your implying, but I’m not sure. 

1 minute ago, Lam90 said:

Is it because he thinks they’re human hybrids? I think that’s what your implying, but I’m not sure. 

He has a video where he discusses the strength and physical prowess of these creatures.  He says that it was overwhelmingly intimidating to witness and that he no longer attempts to seek them out.

9 hours ago, NatFoot said:

I think he's wanting to be the next big BF thing.

Although I agree with some of his points, I believe he is full of shit.

@Natfoot

Don't be so keen on those upvotes and downvotes. Who really cares what they mean to you ya. Does this really have to be a popularity thing to ya. If it really matters I think that the down vote came to ya from your last sentence that I Highlighted in bold. I give the guy respect for the years of guiding clients on hunting trips. As being a hunter my self I understand from where he is coming from. I also understand walking in to your hunting spots in those early morning hunts in the dark , knowing that there is some thing huge that can rip you apart. Not just that this thing can rip you apart but is competing with you for the same game that you are after. So when hunters see these creatures in their area's of there prime hunting spots it kind a of ruin their hunting.  

No hunter wants to move from a good place where the game is good. Most hunters who find these places treasure them. So when these creatures invade their prime hunting spots. Well it is not easy to compete with them and most of the time must give up those treasured spots or work around them.  When I walk in the early morning in the dark to my stand I ignore all the noises. The things that usually freak me out are those last second birds that seem to fly of on que. But after the first one you get use to them.  Once I hear the owls I know that I am ok. Not sure why but hearing the owls make me feel safe in my stand.  Like he said that you just have to walk through it and ignore what could be out there..The more one is out in the woods the more comfortable one feels.

No, not implying that. He has stated repeatedly that he has no interest in searching out “these **** things”, although, to hear him tell it, he did at one time.  Those who think it might be easy to grease one of these beings might benefit from his perspective, possibly. 

I don’t think he has any agenda other than to move the needle of public acceptance of the likelihood of existence. I think this is all he is referring to when he makes his “its coming...things are turning around” comments. In this belief he may be a little naive....as far as creating a “game changer “ goes. Time and again we have seen how durable is the public’s need to pretend this is not happening. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, WSA said:

No, not implying that. He has stated repeatedly that he has no interest in searching out “these **** things”, although, to hear him tell it, he did at one time.  Those who think it might be easy to grease one of these beings might benefit from his perspective, possibly. 

Not easy, but not impossible...

Anyway, if he chooses not to seek them out or hunt them, that's his decision.  It's a loss, because his circumstances would certainly give him more opportunities than the average person.  But, if he believes that it is too dangerous, than I won't fault him for that...

Now, if he would stop with the constant hints of great achievements and even bigger things to come and give some specifics...