Why can't we find and study Bigfoot?

georgerm

On 1/28/2020 at 10:02 AM, georgerm said:

ShadowBorn the information that you have is interesting, so please PM me. 

PM me your email. 

7 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

Interesting. 

There are 36 counties in Oregon, which averages to less than a dozen in each county. Some counties will have better habitat than others, which might mean more, and some less. I also assume they are migratory to some degree - either having winter habitat and summer habitat, and more migrations through longer distances for other reasons, like finding mates that are unrelated. That's sn interesting idea to consider. Looking for patterns in the PNW, specifically WA, BC and OR.

Some counties have more bigfoot habitat while others have less such as in dry Easter Oregon.  Bigfoots like forest cover where it can ambush deer so some counties would have fewer bigfoot since Eastern Oregon has lots of brush and desert. My guess is bigfoots follow deer to higher elevations in the summer months, then descend in the winter when deer evade snow and cold weather.  We need to hear from deer hunters on this question. The Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW) estimates there are 6600 cougars on the state's land, and they probably follow deer during the seasons. 

6 hours ago, 7.62 said:

There's no easy answer but thermal does even the playing field a bit. If you are to believe the accounts of researchers seeing them on thermal ( including ones here) hi

Then it's possible but who takes the shot is the question 

We know bigfoot is nocturnal so quality thermal vision gear is a sure way to find one. This is one reason why we aren't finding bigfoot since many researchers don't have this thermal vision gear. If more money is allocated by wealthy activist to equip ten person research tactical teams, then we may see more results.   Check out thermal and night vision to see which to buy.   

If I were wealthy I’d certainly equip everyone with the best thermal gear. The images Stacy Brown took in Florida are very convincing IMO. 

16 minutes ago, georgerm said:

Some counties have more bigfoot habitat while others have less such as in dry Easter Oregon.  Bigfoots like forest cover where it can ambush deer so some counties would have fewer bigfoot since Eastern Oregon has lots of brush and desert. My guess is bigfoots follow deer to higher elevations in the summer months, then descend in the winter when deer evade snow and cold weather.  We need to hear from deer hunters on this question. The Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW) estimates there are 6600 cougars on the state's land, and they probably follow deer during the seasons. 

We know bigfoot is nocturnal so quality thermal vision gear is a sure way to find one. This is one reason why we aren't finding bigfoot since many researchers don't have this thermal vision gear. If more money is allocated by wealthy activist to equip ten person research tactical teams, then we may see more results.   Check out thermal and night vision to see which to buy.   

Look at the black hot or the white hot.   I had my thermal on black hot and my friend was using it .

It was a chilly day  (not night time)so I had a sweat jacket and watch cap with the hood on. When we were  walking through the woods  I gave it to my friend to use for  a while.

When we were spaced out around 75 to 100 yards I looked like a bigfoot walking through the trees  on thermal my friend said. That's why I said you just have to be sure before you take that shot. That's why it's best thermal for detection and night vision for positive ID

But really the best case would be day time ,  high end scope on a rifle not thermal or night vision.

just my two cents  :)

Edited by 7.62

54 minutes ago, Lam90 said:

If I were wealthy I’d certainly equip everyone with the best thermal gear. The images Stacy Brown took in Florida are very convincing IMO. 

Not good enough to take a shot with. I know I wouldn't ,,,no way 

That's the problem with thermal 

1 hour ago, georgerm said:

My guess is bigfoots follow deer to higher elevations in the summer months, then descend in the winter when deer evade snow and cold weather. 

I think I will agree with that statement,  based on what we've seen.

I love the Stacy Brown footage, it's #2 after the PGF, imho. And the 4th of July adult and baby.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 7.62 said:

Not good enough to take a shot with. I know I wouldn't ,,,no way 

That's the problem with thermal 

True. So many people talk about how human they look too. Aside from self-defense, I think it would take a very unique set of circumstances to overcome that and be able to kill one. While I have no doubt they have the potential to be dangerous like all creatures, I admit I’m very soft-hearted and don’t want one killed. 

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Georgerm    "We know bigfoot is nocturnal so quality thermal vision gear is a sure way to find one. This is one reason why we aren't finding bigfoot since many researchers don't have this thermal vision gear. If more money is allocated by wealthy activist to equip ten person research tactical teams, then we may see more results.   Check out thermal and night vision to see which to buy.   "

I do not think evidence supports that bigfoot is primarily nocturnal.     I do not think they are any more nocturnal than we are.     The P/G film and most of the images we have from other sources were taken in the daytime.  We have a lot more of them that we do thermal images so that implies to me they move about in the daytime.     Since I only have done daytime solo field work,   if BF was nocturnal,   I would not have had any encounter experience in the daytime.   All the best witness encounters, where the witness can truly identify what they are seeing are daylight.  My theory is that when humans are not present in any numbers, bigfoot activity is done when it has the best chance of success.    Day or night.     While they can likely see better at night than we do,   they can move faster, have less chance for injury moving in the daytime.    Harvesting roots,  fish, etc would be best done in the daytime.        If humans are present in any numbers,   they move about at night to avoid likely contact.     The BFRO, being campers, have used night field work because it works best for them in their expeditions.    That does not mean that BF is nocturnal and the BFRO seems to be a source of that theory.    For all we know the night knocking and howling of the BFRO is waking up bigfoot and destroying their peaceful nights.  

Edited by SWWASAS

They are just as active in the day time as they are at night. It is just that at night they can move better and hide better with being seen . They will use well used trails to hide their tracks. But moving of trails is where they are best at moving during the day and in heavy stuff where it is hard to get through. The thornier the better for them since I believe that the thorns might act like a comb on their hair. I have gone through some heavy thorny stuff and have found tracks but not like a pattern . Like I had explained to Cliff that I had to place my fingers in the ground to feel their toes. It when I start to feel the toes that I can start to get a feel where they are walking too by using a measured stick and start from there. Once you have two prints or just two toe prints you can use this measured stick and start your track on them.  70 inch tracks from heel to heel are wonderful tracks to find. Especially when they are on leaves and hard to find. Talk about a rush. I have yet to have a daytime in my face encounter.  But I know that it is not un heard off and I believe my friend had one while we were hunting.

16 hours ago, Lam90 said:

How so? It's a person or a Bigfoot. That doesn't make it convincing though, right?

BFF Patron

I agree  with NatFoot.  The P/G film is better quality than most thermal gear can produce and science is divided about if what it shows is authentic.     While thermal gear may soon be as good of resolution as that,   it might be another 50 years before someone with that gear or better has the same opportunity to film and unobstructed Bigfoot subject.   I do not believe photography without corroborating evidence will ever be accepted as proof of existence by science.   At this point with DNA ambiguities, I think only a body or skeleton to examine will be accepted as proof.  

• Upvote 1

Its really been the only answer in some time.   All other endeavors are helpful but mostly for the data they provide in finding the patterns that may lead(led) to a body.  

Edited by Twist

3 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

.........I do not believe photography without corroborating evidence will ever be accepted as proof of existence by science.   At this point with DNA ambiguities, I think only a body or skeleton to examine will be accepted as proof.  

Photography is nearly a complete waste of effort other than a great thing to frame and hang up in your den. Both the PG film and the Freeman film came with great cast able footprints from the precise scene of the filming. The PG film even had non-associated people (government employees, no less) visit the site within 72 hours and see and photograph said prints.

Yet no government agency attended any film showings, made no statements, before, then, later, or now. Government is deafeningly silent. While not silent, scientific academia is vociferously ridiculous, fighting with each other like toddler siblings over the obvious.

Nope. It has to be a well placed 200 grain jacketed bullet @ 2700 fps, a sharp hunting knife, a good pack frame, and a good lawyer to put this to biological bed. Anything less is a waste.

20 hours ago, NatFoot said:

How so? It's a person or a Bigfoot. That doesn't make it convincing though, right?

For me it does. If we can send people to prison for life on the same clues we have for Bigfoot’s existence it makes me wonder If anything would ever be enough for science.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

and science is divided about if what it shows is authentic.

I don't think this is exactly true.   "Science", the institution, with the capital S, may be divided.  "science", the process, with the little s, is not.   Let me explain:

"Science" has decided bigfoot does not exist.   They start with the conclusion they wish to support, then cherry-pick, nit-pick, etc the PGF to eliminate or devalue any evidence which doesn't support the foregone conclusion, then they analyze what is left and find the predetermined conclusion. 

When "science", with the little s, the process, is applied to the PGF, the conclusion consistently favors authenticity.  

What you'll see, when "Science" addresses the topic, is essentially a series of strawman arguments.   They very clearly do not accurately represent what is in the film, but when those essentially irrelevant arguments are shot down, they are presented to us as conclusive proof of hoax, misidentification, etc.   We have to remember that they are NOT proof because they are not relevant, not representative of the film content.   It is trickery to support that same ol' predetermined conclusion.

MIB  

• Upvote 3