Why can't we find and study Bigfoot?

georgerm

1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

I have communicated with 3 different habbers now and are comfortable with what two of them are telling me.     But,  at the same time they refuse to even try to provide so much as a picture.  All kinds of excuses but primarily that the bigfoot would not like it.   Who gave them the veto power?     I think that Stockholm Syndrome is at play with all three.    The third situation is complicated in that the human involved is not very bright or communicative with me but again the Syndrome is likely at play there.        Twist is right on one account.    Nothing other than stories ever comes from it.   

I’m intrigued by your Stockholm Syndrome theory. I always pictured habituation as the “friendly forest people” version. Not that I know much about it.  

BFF Patron

I doubt a fictional habber would admit at being frightened by them over a long period of time.      It would be big furry teddy bear of the woods.     For example,    we have had people on the forum create stories about the P/G costume.     Over time their story changed and minor details changed and tripped them up.    Those that have been members a while know what I am saying.    Cell phone capabilities etc.       Law enforcement has suspects tell their story over and over then look for details that change with each telling.      When something actually happens to someone,   the story pretty much stays the same.    When it is all made up, they forget what they have said in previous tellings and details change.     

The habbers I have had contact with were scared to death for a long time before they realized that the BF meant no harm.     With disease a possibility,  no harm meant,  does not mean you want them in your house and raiding the honey jar.    The woman who found they had been in her house, was afraid she was sexually attractive to one of them.    She secured the house but had to deal with her fear because she lived alone in the country.    None the less over time she became very protective of them.   

Edited by SWWASAS

1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

I do trust what two of them are saying.    Have not been talking enough with the third to decide.     The element of truth they don't say but you can pick up on is fear on the part of humans.     If it were just a fabrication I would not pick up on that.    One was a woman  living alone and the BF were getting into her house.   Very dangerous situation on several levels.  She woke up one night and a BF was standing near her bed looking down at her.     I lost her email address when a computer died on me and I hope she is alright.  I was worried she would get carried off.  

If this is true...we should be hunting every last one of them down in whatever part of the country that is.

That's not curiousity....that's stalking in preparation of doing something nefarious.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

I have to agree.    The NA stories throughout the West are very similar about people getting carried off.     Behaviors like that are not going to go away because BF evolve into nice.    They might control their behavior some because huge modern search parties would be disruptive to their hunting and gathering.    But we still have people go missing.  

59 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

I doubt a fictional habber would admit at being frightened by them over a long period of time.      It would be big furry teddy bear of the woods.     For example,    we have had people on the forum create stories about the P/G costume.     Over time their story changed and minor details changed and tripped them up.    Those that have been members a while know what I am saying.    Cell phone capabilities etc.       Law enforcement has suspects tell their story over and over then look for details that change with each telling.      When something actually happens to someone,   the story pretty much stays the same.    When it is all made up, they forget what they have said in previous tellings and details change.     

That's a good way to tell if a habber's story rings true. We are in a BF science endeavor and determining the truth is so important. We like to collect evidence and eye witness accounts that make up what we know about bigfoot today. By having a story retold several times, provides a method to test for truths. Lie detector tests would be another way to verify bigfoot accounts but it's too impractical. What's another way to test bigfoot evidence, such as foot prints for truth?

We are not finding bigfoot since most habbers don't know who to call so experienced researchers can study their bigfoots. The one exception is the on going reports, coming from the Oklahoma family. This is how the forum members and researchers can coordinate, to bring forth evidence from a habituator. Hats off to our members! Are there any other habbers out there besides Sassyfooty? 

• Downvote 1

BFF Patron
52 minutes ago, georgerm said:

That's a good way to tell if a habber's story rings true. We are in a BF science endeavor and determining the truth is so important. We like to collect evidence and eye witness accounts that make up what we know about bigfoot today. By having a story retold several times, provides a method to test for truths. Lie detector tests would be another way to verify bigfoot accounts but it's too impractical. What's another way to test bigfoot evidence, such as foot prints for truth?

We are not finding bigfoot since most habbers don't know who to call so experienced researchers can study their bigfoots. The one exception is the on going reports, coming from the Oklahoma family. This is how the forum members and researchers can coordinate, to bring forth evidence from a habituator. Hats off to our members! Are there any other habbers out there besides Sassyfooty? 

One interesting thing.     The woman that I mentioned that had one in her house lived in Oklahoma if I remember right.    The BF kept away from the house as long as the woman's husband was alive.   He died of cancer or something like that.   When he died they started probing the house and trying to get in.      I do not recall where other than it was rural.  Makes me wonder if her bunch of BF is pestering another family now.   I suppose habituation is a two way street.    Once a BF learns how to manipulate a human while avoiding getting shot,   they might work other humans to get whatever they are interested in.  

14 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

One interesting thing.     The woman that I mentioned that had one in her house lived in Oklahoma if I remember right.    The BF kept away from the house as long as the woman's husband was alive.   He died of cancer or something like that.   When he died they started probing the house and trying to get in.      I do not recall where other than it was rural.  Makes me wonder if her bunch of BF is pestering another family now.   I suppose habituation is a two way street.    Once a BF learns how to manipulate a human while avoiding getting shot,   they might work other humans to get whatever they are interested in.  

I just read another experience like this here on BFF. It involved an elderly couple. I can’t remember the details except they grew more “menacing” when the husband was either sick or in the hospital. I think it was cardiac surgery. I find this behavior extremely interesting. I can’t imagine a group of bears making connections like that and acting on them. 

BFF Patron

They for sure are way more intelligent than bears.      And way better at avoiding humans than bears.      I have had close encounters with bears but never anything like that with a BF.     BF will raise hell from close distance but at the same time you never see them doing it.     Just pee in front of one and you will know what I mean. 

Edited by SWWASAS

2 hours ago, Lam90 said:

I’m intrigued by your Stockholm Syndrome theory. I always pictured habituation as the “friendly forest people” version. Not that I know much about it.  

I do not buy the "forest friends" line.   Understand that some habituation is real and some is to get attention.    When dealing with real habituation, the "forest friends stuff" is a result of Stockholm Syndrome.   When dealing with attention getting, well, it's just part of the set of lies the person tells to get the attention they crave.   There is a sort of cult of faux habituators all propping each other up with lies.    That does not invalidate the real habituators but it does mean an investigator has to be wary of the stories and look for physical evidence corroborating them, not just consistency of story. 

MIB

BFF Patron

Well Moneymaker finally posted one up a day or two after it happened 1/31 or 2/1/20:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=64024

VERY near GSMNP and Fontana Lake and Nantahala River area of Wesser, NC home of the NOC one of my old stomping grounds and annual trout fishing expedition destinations

Thanks to @Cliff Barackman

for tweeting this up

The couple turned around and the same 8-9 ft tall BF was still standing in an area where it could be seen and observed.  This is among the biggest BF that I have heard of in NC

I know this area, and know another dusk sighting on the river by fishermen occurred in the past somewhere on that same road or nearby.  I would imagine @BlackRockBigfoot is trying to smoke it out as we talk.  I know the general vicinity and have traveled down this road and it is beautiful but pretty far rural and some tough driving with not the best paved roads.  I asked my friend if he wanted to fish the Little Tenn. tomorrow, I doubt I  will get a response after forwarding him the sighting. Since it will be a bright sunshiny day and I haven't been in the area for awhile I am going to do some Monday driving

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, MIB said:

I do not buy the "forest friends" line.   Understand that some habituation is real and some is to get attention.    When dealing with real habituation, the "forest friends stuff" is a result of Stockholm Syndrome.   When dealing with attention getting, well, it's just part of the set of lies the person tells to get the attention they crave.   There is a sort of cult of faux habituators all propping each other up with lies.    That does not invalidate the real habituators but it does mean an investigator has to be wary of the stories and look for physical evidence corroborating them, not just consistency of story. 

MIB

Right. I never really knew much about habituation till joining this forum last week, but I’ve never thought of BF as our friends with fur. I’ve always assumed they’re omnivores with the potential to be dangerous. I’ve been aware of lots of people who erroneously assume big animals are our friends because they yet to be eaten. 

Edited by Lam90
  • Upvote 1

It sounds like my last post was throwing shade on habituators. I’m not. I was referring to the Timothy Treadwell types of animal people, but it was too late to edit. 

Edited by Lam90

3 hours ago, MIB said:

MIB

There are some terms being tossed around, that we need to define so we can understand the issues. One term is habituation that has the word habit in it. Bigfoot forms a habit of interacting with the home and occupants. Some like it, and some don't. Bigfoot and his newly found friends seem to lock into a relationship where one or the other dominates. Many relationships end up with bigfoot becoming an annoyance.  

definition: Habituation is a psychological learning process wherein there is a decrease in response to a stimulus after being repeatedly exposed to it. This concept states that an animal or a human may learn to ignore a stimulus because of repeated exposure to it.

noun: Stockholm syndr
                                         ome               feelings of trust or affection felt in many cases of kidnapping or hostage-taking by a victim toward a captor.
Edited by georgerm
mmm

BFF Patron
1 hour ago, NatFoot said:

Interesting report @bipedalist .

Strange it was posted so soon after the report.

@NatFoot

Maybe he's finally listening to the criticisms/suggestions and wanting to round the corner?

Maybe our SSR has got him stoked?  Thanks @Redbone, @gigantor and @BobbyO among others!

Congrats Andy Reid and KC Chiefs, Lombardi Baby!

Edited by bipedalist