The Ketchum Report

What I have notice with this report is that the only people who have a problem of this report not coming out are the ones who have never seen these creatures. I have no problem and nor will I since I know they do exist, at first it bothered me to know what they might be but now I do not care. They could be human / ape and I do not care and this report can take forever and it will not matter. They are what they are and will be as they always have been and I hope that they stay that way.secure the species

• Upvote 1

Thumbs up Julio .....

Been there done that .... I can wait , ( been 30 years waiting, 1982 ), any way .well said.

One of better posts on that subject. Thanks...

BTW folks ............ As I recall .........

There are nearly 250 pages of users on this forum, 20 per page, That's nearly 5000...... Last time I checked....

Every one needs to report in daily about waking up each morning, thinking " IT hasn't happened yet? I gotta tell the forum."

Please write in, as I am sure we all want to know.... Remember ( unlike Melba) you don't need any evidence to report speculation.

I keep wondering tho... If November, that week before Thanksgiving might be the hot date.....

OMG .......that's next week......

Naw, forget it, that's just speculation, I'll wait for December. Taint in no hurry. It's coming.

Well I have to agree Julio. If I was a "knower" it probably would not bother me in the least because I would KNOW. That's the whole point of me checking in daily, keeping track of the progress(or lack there of)- it's there burning desire to Know! I "believe" that BF exists, but I won't know until some solid proof comes forth (other than the proof that makes me believe), or until I see one!

I don't even understand WHY I feel the need to know so badly....but I do!

<Deep breath>

So I wait.....Patiently (most days) and hope that it will be .... well, "soon".

Edited by chelefoot

What I have notice with this report is that the only people who have a problem of this report not coming out are the ones who have never seen these creatures. I have no problem and nor will I since I know they do exist, at first it bothered me to know what they might be but now I do not care. They could be human / ape and I do not care and this report can take forever and it will not matter. They are what they are and will be as they always have been and I hope that they stay that way.secure the species

lol. That's funny.

The study hasn't been brought forth though yet.. :D

Exactly. How long will it be before the journal embargo explanation isn't excepted anymore? 1, 2, 5 more years?

Well I have to agree Julio. If I was a "knower" it probably would not bother me in the least because I would KNOW. That's the whole point of me checking in daily, keeping track of the progress(or lack there of)- it's there burning desire to Know! I "believe" that BF exists, but I won't know until some solid proof comes forth (other than the proof that makes me believe), or until I see one!

I don't even understand WHY I feel the need to know so badly....but I do!

<Deep breath>

So I wait.....Patiently (most days) and hope that it will be .... well, "soon".

There is a guy that has a blog, can't remember his name, but I think his first name starts with an R and his last name begins with an L,

Boy, he really knows what's going on, He must be dating Melba ...

Guest ajciani

How would we know if the paper was rejected when no one has confirmed that the paper has been accepted for publication.

There are multiple outlets for Melba's work. If the paper had been out-right rejected two or three times (by two or three different publications), I strongly suspect that Melba would have just gone ahead with a press conference and published it by one of those other outlets. I am certain that she would be able to find some other qualified people to stand with her on it. For how long this has been out there, the paper could have been reject a half dozen times by now. Because Melba has not released the results, I can only assume that the editor has the paper and wants to publish it. The only thing left to ponder is what the hold-up might be. I am guessing that something was not reproduced exactly during verification. It could also be that one or more reviewers are asking for more in-depth analysis of sources of error. A nastier reason could be that one of the reviewers is vehemently against bigfoot. In that case, the editor would eventually have to make a decision to drop the paper, or the reviewer.

Do you see Ketchum's failure to confirm that the paper has been accepted for publication as a sign that the paper has been accepted for publication. ... I would think that she could at least confirm or state "I can confirm that the paper has been accepted for publication." ... I am assuming that the paper has not been accepted for publication until Ketchum confirms that it has been accepted.

In the absolute strictest sense, Melba probably could confirm when the paper has been accepted, without breaking any kind of agreement. She is definitely free to tell if the paper has been rejected. Most journals discourage talking to others about submitted works, so that the potential reviewer pool is not corrupted, but they generally don't hold anyone to it. The material in most papers has been presented at least once before the paper was even submitted. This does not preclude other "handshake" agreements which may exist external to the publication. If Melba agreed not to talk about it, then she may hold herself to it, even if the agreement was just a handshake.

I would think the editor would lay down a strict gag order as a condition to accepting the paper for review because of the subject matter. They would not want a circus on their doorstep for two years.

I have read somehere that melba Ketchum and Erickson are tied up in this some how and that being said, Erickson won't release his evidence unless he has the support of ketchums paper. Is this correct.

That is my understanding. Adrian has a handful of specimens in the study and has to wait until the study publishes to release the film. I was told they were talking to Nat Geo at one point, don't know if anything came of it.

• Upvote 1

Thanks

So they need each other to support there evidence, which to me sounds as though neither of them has anything substantial that will stand up by itself

The above agrees with what I have heard as well...part of the problem has been sorting through who has to give permission to include what. The sample and supporting evidence collection was a bit hap-hazardly organized, and has contributed to the delay.

There have been a few rumors going around about the major problem not being the data behind the paper, but the manner in which she wants the data to be perceived.

There is a guy that has a blog, can't remember his name, but I think his first name starts with an R and his last name begins with an L,

Boy, he really knows what's going on, He must be dating Melba ...

I know you are not serious

.. I refuse to even click on t

hat particular blog! it is sick... every word of it.