The Ketchum Report

SC, you may have a second career with your turban and crystal

Thanks .... But I'm retired ....

besides .....Tis better to read speculation than to read dirt slinging .....

Missed accusations are worst than speculation ....... Anytime .....

Guest VioletX

SC, you may have a second career with your turban and crystal

Thanks .... But I'm retired ....

besides .....Tis better to read speculation than to read dirt slinging .....

Missed accusations are worst than speculation ....... Anytime .....

This time your speculation may be crystal clear; )

I was worried this might happen. Both Dr. Ketchum and Davis Paulides made a prediction of weeks instead of months while the paper was still in the midst of peer review. If the Journal suddenly wants revisions, then that could add weeks. So, I think there may have been some other motive for that press release that we are not aware of. It doesn't make sense for someone who won't talk about the results at all to suddenly disclose the partial summery while it's still in peer review.

This just in:

DR. HILDY Welcomes Dr. Melba Ketchum

to discuss her new DNA study showing that

BIGFOOT IS A HUMAN RELATIVE

OneCellOneLightâ„¢Radio | Blog Talk Radio

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 , 1:00-3:00PM Pacific

(2-4pm Mountain; 3-5pm Central, 4-6pm Eastern)

I'm just saying ....

Forgot that Melba does honor her commitments....

This will probably be rescheduled for Tuesday January 15th

Pure speculation from the tea leaves ....

IMHO

Haters? I've never heard any Doctors, aside from Dr. Dre, that have used the term 'haters'. SMH, once again. I believe that she has something, but she sure makes it hard to support her.

That's not accurate. There's extremely weak evidence in the form of Dr. Ketchum's press release. I find that extremely weak evidence and not definitive by any means but can not dismiss it out of hand.

Tim B.

What reasonable alternative is there? A great deal of time and money have been spent, and her professional reputation is on the line.

If a study never existed at all, then it's the end of her career. If the study exists but is (as some keep saying) it's bunk, it's more than likely ALSO the end of her career.

What does it profit her to make up a study that does not exist, or to make such claims as she has w/o at least enough evidence to make a fight of the issue?

Be that as it maybe, it does not make my presumption incorrect, my source is an authority. You can't identify something through DNA if you are never in your lab to work the specimen up. And speaking of argument from authority, you are not immune to using your own sources of authority for the basis of your debate, irregardless of whether they are actually an authority on the topic. That's what I find so entertaining about your posts and appreciate about your contributions. :biggrin:

I think perhaps you need to read up on the difference between asserting a claimant's credentials to support the worthiness of their statement and argument from authority as a debate/logic fallacy.

blogger, who seems too interested, has an update this week here, if you are "upbeat" about the Study, you may find it depressing, you are forewarned.http://seesdifferent...rn-human-being/

Although relatively new to the insane BFolitics among the committed (and I don't mean insane!) this piece is what I would expect to surface after the Study reaches the public. It would be nice to think it will all stay with just the science (and if it is knock down stuff it should, right?) but history (or the stuff I read) is full of these look-backs...and somehow this stuff will need to answered...or not?

What is curious is the trouble the blogger went to themselves..or did they? Maybe BFers sent emails.....but the point here is, what? Well, from the outside looking in, it looks like a train wreck...and the dividon it has created in a fractured field feels bigger than any I read about..but I "grew up" under the shadow of this study.. so I can't say. I hear a Llod Pyle or something close thrown around, as a itme in the past full of opinion/strife...

anyway, judge for yourselves.

On folks like Science Critic and their confidence, why not? I want this paper out for all the reasons we all know, and hoping for another week is as good as any. Time just melts away. And, I think Dr. Sykes some time ago mentione things were going slower.....and that original end of 2012 date pushed out? So, it seems this year shall reveal more...especially if the Daisy story is true. If all of this stuff ends up on the waste heap...? It might be a relief, we are all told to go home, there are no BFs? LOL what would we do?

p.s. one has to wonder about the "sources" all these bloggers refer to...they seem to be virtual.

btw...this actually makes me sad on several levels. and I wonder why not share with Meldrum the contents, his word would stop a lot of bloggers.....

Edited by apehuman

I've seen this mentioned before. Does anyone know the circumstances? Was it a situation where her expertise was sought because she is so notable in the field, or a situation where the body count was so overwhelming it was farmed out to any DNA lab that could help handle the workload?

I think that is an important question, because every time I have seen this "fact" bandied about, the implication was "look, she's one of the best in the field, let's send it to her for testing." Whereas in fact the case may actually have been that they (whomever was in charge of ID'ing remains) was so overwhelmed with cases, they sent samples out to anyone who owns a Gilbert Chemistry Set and could crank out results in the time frame required.

So I have serious questions about this claim. And i do not believe it has been examined and vetted properly. several times here in this topic I have seen the claim made that Dr. Ketchum was involved in the DNA identification of victims of 9/11. I believe that claim was also made by Dr. Ketchum, on her website? (can't verify that, as it has been taken down).

I do not believe that law enforcement officers would send out DNA samples to companies who are doing animal testing. It just does not make sense to me. Has anyone approached Dr. Ketchum on this and asked for clarification / proof of her involvement, and how she was involved?

Making the claim to have been involved is pretty spectacular, I am just wondering if anyone - anyone at all can vouch for that claim? The main reason I ask is that several here have used that "fact" as "proof" of Dr. Ketchums expertise, and her standing in the scientific community. So I am looking for any evidence that could verify the claim Dr. Ketchum has made? inquiring minds want to know!

slowstepper

Edited by slowstepper

Guest slimwitless

blogger, who seems too interested, has an update this week here, if you are "upbeat" about the Study, you may find it depressing, you are forewarned.http://seesdifferent...rn-human-being/

There's nothing there we haven't heard here. I wouldn't be shocked if this forum is the source for much of his information (and speculation).

There's nothing there we haven't heard here. I wouldn't be shocked if this forum is the source for much of his information (and speculation).

Could be, in fact I think he even writes that, the difference is here one must find it among 300 pages, and I must confess I have not read them all, or even all of RLs blog, or BE.. I have this wonderful knack for not opening videos, or breezing over the more sensational. I notice I seem to even block out pennames.... it is a love/hate relationship with BF websites (and my own comments!) ...

waiting for the BFdom conventional wisdoms seems prudent anymore....still waiting!

Now honestly, wasnt there an interview with Ketchum, after the announcement, in which she stated (more or less) that by end of january, if the journal dosnt aprove, she would be going to release the study anyway? Homepage, free to use?!

Guest OntarioSquatch

"that by end of january, if the journal dosnt aprove, she would be going to release the study anyway?"

She didn't give a date for that, but she did say she will make the study public if she is not able to get it published. She also gave an estimate of "weeks instead of months" for when she thought the study would publish.

So I have serious questions about this claim. And i do not believe it has been examined and vetted properly. several times here in this topic I have seen the claim made that Dr. Ketchum was involved in the DNA identification of victims of 9/11. I believe that claim was also made by Dr. Ketchum, on her website? (can't verify that, as it has been taken down).

I do not believe that law enforcement officers would send out DNA samples to companies who are doing animal testing. It just does not make sense to me. Has anyone approached Dr. Ketchum on this and asked for clarification / proof of her involvement, and how she was involved?

Making the claim to have been involved is pretty spectacular, I am just wondering if anyone - anyone at all can vouch for that claim? The main reason I ask is that several here have used that "fact" as "proof" of Dr. Ketchums expertise, and her standing in the scientific community. So I am looking for any evidence that could verify the claim Dr. Ketchum has made? inquiring minds want to know!

slowstepper

Do you have any idea where the records might be to substantiate it?