Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

I was going to say the same thing. The 3X9 variable scope I have on one of my rifles allows you to adjust from 3X regular size up to 9X. At 9X it's much more shaky, but cranked down to 3, I could shoot something inside my house.

Guest crabshack

I say good shot, and untill proven otherwise stop being remorseful and go bag more of the mountain demons, someday its going to come out that even though they have very human traits, they really are the opportunity driven cannibals spoken of in legend and lore.

The boogie man really does eat little kids.

Edited by crabshack

Why only 4 comments?

Mom always said "if you don't have anything nice to say, sometimes it's better to say nothing at all"

plus I think post #5 covers it

Edited by Titanpat57

Guest slimwitless

Lindsay is reporting the actual coordinates of the shooting (as yet unconfirmed). Back in January I made a Google Earth KMZ file and posted images here:LINK

It looks like my closest prospective site was 3/4 of a mile off as the crow flies. I was looking for a road that ended in a meadow which I still don't see at the purported coordinates. Likely a misunderstanding on my part (or perhaps there's a turnoff I can't see). Everything else looks good. The blind curve, etc. If you exaggerate the elevation in Google Earth you can really appreciate how steep the terrain is at the reported location. I'd love to go take a look someday.

Edited by slimwitless

Arizonabigfoot - what knowledge of Bigfoot did you have at the time of your sighting via rifle scope? I am wondering if this factored into you not shooting it.

General - many will judge you one way or another, but not me as I wasn't there at that time in your shoes. I think if I was hunting and sighted in the dogman of the north woods or something I don't know as a real in my mind, I might shoot it out of confusion/fight or flight response. There are many folks who report seeing these creatures while hunting and many stop hunting altogether because of fear or post traumatic stress. Folks forget that there still are so many hunters out there who don't believe in Bigfoot and these hunters may face a choice similar to the Generals and Arizonabigfoots. I agree we need bigfoot protection and public awareness.

Guest BFSleuth

Why only 4 comments?

The reason is because the video was already posted in the Sierra Kills A-Z thread and discussion is several pages into talking about the video.

I guess it would be great if we all knew exactly what we would do if in any situation. Problem being - it just doesn't work that way. None of us know how we will behave in any situation, we have never been in before, until we are in it. Sure we can be prepared, and we can think about it until we convince ourselves what we would do - but all bets are off when it actually happens - Bigfoot related or not.

I'm not going to sit here and second guess Derek and his reasons for doing what he did. I do know he is spot on in one respect. If he had said nothing publicly and just removed Justin - people would have accused him of being secretive. It's happened before, and it will happen again.

General - I know exactly what you were talking about when you said you could absolutely prove no one driving that vehicle was drunk - and I think it's a shame you even had to say that. But, I guarantee you the rumor will persist - so you may as well not even comment on that. But you're right - that is proof positive. LOL. I wonder how many caught onto that. There are some who are more interested in the gossip than the truth. BUT - I also can see your irritation. I think you have every right to be upset. But don't let that distract from the bottom line. In other words - don't let the message get lost in the anger. That's all I will say about that.

I will point out the obvious:

It's very easy to second guess or condemn those involved here, so long after the fact, with the clear vision of hindsight, not having been there, not knowing the people, perhaps never having hunted, and perhaps never having seen a sasquatch.

I want to be able to understand all this, and I hope the Justin and others will continue to take questions at times they deem appropriate, so I am going to be po-lite.

I imagine the people involved welcome respectful questions.

Edited by Kings Canyon

I found Justin's interview to be very interesting. I too wonder why the driver didn't take his weapon while looking for the adult body - makes NO sense to me.

I also wonder if the epiphany that Justin had after killing the young one had something to do with the remaining sibling. Perhaps it interacted somehow? Can't wait to hear the whole story.

BFF Patron

I found it odd that he did not take a picture even though he hid it.

He stated he had cellphone pictures early on in one of these threads (don't tell me of what?); they were asked to be presented to the forum and to other's to verify. Request was denied. Somebody got a picture of a sample and posted it up on several blogs of the sample though (or at least the blogger who broke some of the details accessed one).

Whether the pic was taken in the field or later I don't recall.

Edited by bipedalist

@ GENERAL

I feel bad for you, Your problem is that your to honest, unfortunately, in today's world, if you don't sugar coat it and fill it with colorful phases,

and magical words, You get thrown all the way under the bus, so not only to run you over, but make sure you get ground up by the drive shaft.