Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Guest Cervelo

UPs,

I've got your back any day my friend!

I as well would be honored to share a day in the woods or on the water with you!

Chad- it is specifically stated in the Ca. DFG hunting regulations that hunting "from" a vehicle or using a door as a steding defice is prohibited in the state of Ca. Just to say there were three other violations committed by JS during this incident but to keep on topic I will not go on at this time.

Slim- I agree with you when you stated that this interview gives us any more suprise info. BTW IMHO this is just a young man not fully thinking things true like JS stated when he said that the decisions he made were in 3-4 second time frames and also that he admitted that if given the opportunity agian that he would of done things differantly. Let me just say this also and that is that ignorance and mis-identification along with laxity due to a unfamiluar scene has lad a hunter to a result that in hindsite he wished he would be able to relive.

Cervelo- Though I tottally disagree with your pro-kill stance, I have a question for you. If the Dna comes out(publication) and that the Sasquatch is verified would you still be pro-kill? ptangier

Guest Nalajr

I listened to an interview with him on Youtube last night and I came away believing that JS is just a guy that likes killing animals. To me he doesn't much respect the animals he is pursuing.

In the first one you have his buddy telling him repeatedly "NO, NO DON'T SHOOT" yet he drops the hammer anyway. He knew this wasn't a game animal, he called it a MONSTER many times. Even it waving it's hands and arms didn't give him pause. Then you look at the Baby Sassy, that was just totally uncalled for. In his own words he shot it at 10 yards in the neck. This was AFTER he said he watched a group of young-ins "talking" back and forth about their Dad or Mom. He said it was OBVIOUS what they were "talking" about. He watches them come closer and closer, a 3 foot tall 35 pound Baby, and then puts one in it's neck and then picks it up and watches it cough up blood and expire. Even this time his buddy once again begged him not to shoot and he went ahead and did it anyway. He talked about all the deer he has killed (over 100), the bears and even talked about how he has "put down" cows in the past. Doesn't seem like a very ethical hunter or man to me.

The fact that he and his buddy left the scene with the adult dead somewhere and then a youth also dead without making a serious attempt to recover them and at least bring them in to mitigate the killing of them, says a lot. Anyone I have ever hunted with would've never abandoned that place until that adult was found, even if it took multiple days to do it.

I wouldn't want to share a campfire with him. Sure he could tell some good stories, but that wouldn't be enough for me. CHARACTER MATTERS.

Nalajr

P.S. I am also in the PRO-KILL camp.

Edited by Nalajr

Lets not forget that JS admitted pounding beer all day, so his recollection of the days events may not be as stated

Guest Nalajr

If you hear him describe what they were doing, it's NOT hunting at all. They were driving around trying to find animals coming into the feeding areas right before dusk so they could pull the car over and shoot them. That's what they were doing. He also freely admits that he didn't have tags for the area that he was shooting into, but he said "big deal" it didn't matter.

Chad Triplett:

"So Justin and his other "hunting buddy" (not spotter) where riding those roads looking to harvest a deer or bear..."

You can harvest bears now?

Chad:

"...most hunters know this and most hunters are trained to take sickly animals, rabid animals, deformed animals out of the population or heard. This is common in deer hunting because you want a healthy population. When a hunter with that ethic sees a animal out of place then that part of a hunter's ethics may have came into play..."

All hail the noble hunter - doing Darwin's work!

Some people just like shooting stuff. I wish we could all just admit that sometimes...

Edited by tuckybuzzard

Guest General

Lets not forget that JS admitted pounding beer all day, so his recollection of the days events may not be as stated

I have never said anything of the sorts. This is how rumours spread someone mis speaks then others quote it like fact. I had less then 2 beers that whole day same with the driver. I can actaully prove that beyond any doubt which may come into play later. It would have been impossible for both of us to be intoxicated and have a working vehicle.

Hey (General) Justin, one question for you.........how long did you guys look for the adult? Was there a blood trail, etc.........do you think it died?

Guest Cervelo

Ptangier,

The DNA study is not going to come back as Bigfoot.

It's a statistical analysis of widely dispersed samples that are human with a unique (unknown) feature that makes the probabilty of them coming from modern humans statistically improbable, therefore they must be from an unknown hominoid.

Good luck with that!

So the answer is no it will not change my stance I most likley will still be pro kill when and if the study comes out and might I add I hope I'm wrong!

To further clarify I've had some experiences that make me believe they could be out there and if I had the opportunity to kill one I'm certain I could not except maybe in self defense of myself or others.

There are two different issues my personal desire to see one which is all I need and the recognition of a new species that has an established scientific protocol that must be followed no body or significant part = no Bigfoot.

SSR Team

Hey (General) Justin, one question for you.........how long did you guys look for the adult? Was there a blood trail, etc.........do you think it died?

That's more than one.. :D

Guest General

Until I killed the little one. 12-20 minutes. I'm sure there was a blood trail but i was having a hard time finding it but i hadnt looked nearly hard enough. I was more concentrated on looking where the young ones were looking also same area we heard crash. I felt they were more capable of finding it then I from previous experience with animals and their parents. Sal will get shot weaned pigs will lead you right to her every time. I don't shoot sals but have seen it done and even made the mistake personally. . Normally on a deer if i shoot it with my bow and loose it (its hapoened twice) we will spend all day looking for it. Then come back in a few days lookin for buzzards in yotes. We saw almost where it crashed. I could have forsure IMO found the adult had we looked harder that's in hindsight but then again if the kids couldn't find it maybe it wasn't there. No species of animal in north America could survive a nearly well placed shot. Might have lived for a few days or been dead in the brush

Chad- it is specifically stated in the Ca. DFG hunting regulations that hunting "from" a vehicle or using a door as a steding defice is prohibited in the state of Ca. Just to say there were three other violations committed by JS during this incident but to keep on topic I will not go on at this time.

Slim- I agree with you when you stated that this interview gives us any more suprise info. BTW IMHO this is just a young man not fully thinking things true like JS stated when he said that the decisions he made were in 3-4 second time frames and also that he admitted that if given the opportunity agian that he would of done things differantly. Let me just say this also and that is that ignorance and mis-identification along with laxity due to a unfamiluar scene has lad a hunter to a result that in hindsite he wished he would be able to relive.

Cervelo- Though I tottally disagree with your pro-kill stance, I have a question for you. If the Dna comes out(publication) and that the Sasquatch is verified would you still be pro-kill? ptangier

I may be wrong but i dont recall where JS said he used the door. You can shoot from the road in this area.

BFF Patron

I've got some questions General. Have you made any money off of this experience yet?

When is the book going to be published, and is it finished?