Knife Thread...It's about time.

Kiwakwe

50 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

Made as in you made the leather sheath yourself? That's a beautiful sheath and knife. Kudos.

Yeah, Thanks Wii, a few amateur mistakes but I'm happy with it, works well.

2 minutes ago, Kiwakwe said:

Yeah, Thanks Wii, a few amateur mistakes but I'm happy with it, works well.

Awesome job, @Kiwakwe! That's better that I'd have the patience for, I think. I wish I would have known you make sheaths before I ordered this little jewel for my other new little jewel.

Fallkniven Frej, NL4. Sheath was made by Patriot Leather. Left hand, drop leg (removable), leg tie, with a fire steel and a pouch for the Fallkniven DC4 diamond / ceramic stone. Been wanting a setup like this for ages.

20211009_120737.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Kiwakwe said:

Made up a new sheath for the Klecker. I'll add a leather wrap and possibly fire steel loop to the original kydex for a horizontal carry.

IMG_7856.thumb.jpg.1d6efd388b4c8bc193653f7cc5f874ed.jpg

IMG_7858.thumb.jpg.b06d96c2bae5f85fdb8af4398e7f8860.jpg

IMG_7857.thumb.jpg.8bffbdff2b0f44bf5780ae2b9c7c326d.jpg

That looks really good.  I like the color a lot.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, NorthWind said:

Awesome job, @Kiwakwe! That's better that I'd have the patience for, I think. I wish I would have known you make sheaths before I ordered this little jewel for my other new little jewel.

Fallkniven Frej, NL4. Sheath was made by Patriot Leather. Left hand, drop leg (removable), leg tie, with a fire steel and a pouch for the Fallkniven DC4 diamond / ceramic stone. Been wanting a setup like this for ages.

I wouldn't say I make them, just tinker. Picked up a good sized piece of veg tanned a while back, have been whittling it down for projects here and there.

Drop leg looks great, puts the handle in a more accessible location and I assume but don't know that sitting with a pivoting sheath is easier too. Sweet knife! I like a stacked leather handle.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Super happy! Well built! Gave the SOG tech Bowie to my son. I was done with the handle unscrewing!

This is full tang and the tanto point is wicked.

3DF7D220-487D-47AB-957D-9350352B1EE7.jpeg

4 hours ago, NorthWind said:

Wow! Looks nice, @norseman! It looks like that sheath can be worn leftie, no? 

On the SOG, while you shouldn't have to do it, maybe a little red loctite would hold that down. 

I don’t see why not. It has two buttons on each side for retention.

Loctite would help but I’m a full tang guy from here on out. My son can do it if he wants.