Knife Thread...It's about time.

Kiwakwe

This "came with" my rifle. Didn't really need another hunting knife (I'm fairly superstitious and I had great luck this year) but I'll throw it in my bag as a backup or put on my chest rig for hikes this spring.

39750305_PXL_20201229_1925484822.jpg

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

This "came with" my rifle. Didn't really need another hunting knife (I'm fairly superstitious and I had great luck this year) but I'll throw it in my bag as a backup or put on my chest rig for hikes this spring.

39750305_PXL_20201229_1925484822.jpg

Which model Benchmade is that?

That's what I was going to ask .. clearly Benchmade from the lock mechanism.     My personal favorite folder used to be the Benchmade Bugout but that has been replaced for E-D-C ... by the Mini Bugout.  :)   Under 2 ounces of serious, business-like sharpness.    That "Grizzly Ridge" is a very nice looking knife.   Good of them to throw in a rifle when you bought it.  :)

MIB

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
14 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

My new toy, a Kalhoff hatchet from Sweden.

20210429_180258.jpg

20210429_180217.jpg

Nice!  

What are the dimensions/weight on it?

On 4/30/2021 at 1:29 AM, wiiawiwb said:

Do you own a grinder?

If she doesn't own one, she knows someone who does! ;-)

This is a cute little axe. I can hardly wait to see / handle it in person - hopefully today!

Edited by NorthWind
Addition / edit

I thought I would post a few of my latest acquisitions.

The balisong is a Kershaw Lucha. I love it! I have flipped these things for years. After my original hand made matching balisongs were stolen years ago, I have been wanting another one that is pretty high quality. 

On the bottom is a German Otter Mercator "Black cat" knife, in high carbon steel. It is super slim and awesome. A buddy of mine had one and when I used it, I knew I had to have one. The blade steel is fabulous! But no big deal if it ever gets lost as they are quite inexpensive. 

The Benchmade Autocrat is on the right. Configured for a lefty, of which I am guilty of being. I really love the shape and lines of it. The carbon fiber handles are sexy with the stainless bolsters. Yes, it is an automatic. Kind of spendy, but I just had to.

The Opinel on the left was given to me by @Madison5716. It is made in France, and has a twist-lock collar and beechwood handles that Opinel is famous for. This one is for mushroom hunting, hence the brush on the back side. I am looking forward to harvesting some chanterelles later in the season! It's super light, too!

20210501_081956.jpg

• Upvote 2

That hatchet is very cool.

I have a tiny maybe half-size Opinel on my keychain. I liked the looks of that Otter knife, so I bought one in stainless. The lockback is super hard for my soft little fingers to close, so I don't know how much I'd use it.

7 hours ago, JKH said:

That hatchet is very cool.

I have a tiny maybe half-size Opinel on my keychain. I liked the looks of that Otter knife, so I bought one in stainless. The lockback is super hard for my soft little fingers to close, so I don't know how much I'd use it.

It should loosen up with use over time.

I really like the Opinel. It feels like it might float on water if dropped, but I haven't tried yet. 

Now I am inspired. I am going to try.

Nope. She sinks. But just barely. I just filled up the sink and tried. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NorthWind said:

Nope. She sinks. But just barely. I just filled up the sink and tried. 

All in the name of science.  :)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

@wiiawiwb

Here are the ESEE 3s with the TKC extended handles.  They give a much better grip than the stock handle scales.

They are paired with Armatus Carry sheaths, which are extremely versatile.  

F83C6795-AF98-4A0F-8DDF-8A9725361DEB.jpeg

C2B31EAA-A801-493C-83A4-2258F05F85D7.jpeg

• Upvote 1