Justin Smeja Incident?

Wooly Booger

8 hours ago, Arvedis said:

I was refreshing my memory on this trail of events and found Dr. Haskell V Hart's analysis : https://bigfootclaims.blogspot.com/p/bart-cutino-report.html. He says a sample was contaminated by Justin's DNA. Maybe that is the broken chain of evidence you mention above.

I now recall Bart's efforts got scrutinized quite a bit in 2013. Here is a breakdown of the Cutino footage that he took on his subsequent investigations in the area of the shootings. He found a party of bigfoots on his grainy thermal, which was the best available outcome given the tech he had with him.

Great video thanks!

As the narrator notes, it's not the smoking gun of course but it does absolutely make it much, much more persuasive and thought provoking if there is a precise follow up, with a clear explanation of goings on, size comparisons etc. And great to see a notated plan of the area which makes it easier to make sense of the scenario. Hard to explain to say the least.

Of course, if someone really wanted to make a very good hoax and generate interest for their channel they would create and do things that random, spur of the moment type hoaxers wouldn't do precisely so they could say that 'hoaxers wouldn't go to that trouble'..........

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Twist said:

^ Bingo.  The only news of him shooting anything came from him.    There is no cover story needed.   He could either shoot, shovel and shut up or simply drove off and never spoke of it again.   

Well, if he left the goods there and it was an actual squatch body, he's the dumbest bigfooter ever.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, vinchyfoot said:

Well, if he left the goods there and it was an actual squatch body, he's the dumbest bigfooter ever.

If you've paid any attention, he wasn't a bigfooter, didn't believe they existed, never gave it any thought one way or the other ... he thought he was shooting a "monster" ... whatever that means to him.    His participation in the bigfoot community began after the shootings.

MIB

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MIB said:

If you've paid any attention, he wasn't a bigfooter, didn't believe they existed, never gave it any thought one way or the other ... he thought he was shooting a "monster" ... whatever that means to him.    His participation in the bigfoot community began after the shootings.

MIB

I know the backstory, just never found him to be credible

Another thing I always wondered about in Justins encounter, when he first spotted the Sasquatch it was 80 yards away if i recall.

Why did it start lift its arms up, or start waving its arms as if it was deliberately trying to draw attention to itself?? I realize there were 2 young ones nearby, but it seems very odd that it didn't just beat a very hasty retreat. As quickly as they can move, seems like it could have made rapid move to put more distance between itself and Justin.

The younger ones weren't in sight at the time Justin spotted the large one, correct? 

I've always wondered if perhaps there was a 3rd young one very near the truck, and overlooked by Justin due to the larger one drawing attention to itself. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, cromag said:

Another thing I always wondered about in Justins encounter, when he first spotted the Sasquatch it was 80 yards away if i recall.

Why did it start lift its arms up, or start waving its arms as if it was deliberately trying to draw attention to itself?? I realize there were 2 young ones nearby, but it seems very odd that it didn't just beat a very hasty retreat. As quickly as they can move, seems like it could have made rapid move to put more distance between itself and Justin.

The younger ones weren't in sight at the time Justin spotted the large one, correct? 

I've always wondered if perhaps there was a 3rd young one very near the truck, and overlooked by Justin due to the larger one drawing attention to itself. 

Not likely since it's a product of his imagination.

• Downvote 1

On 5/20/2021 at 9:44 AM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I find him credible.

Not necessarily likable, but credible.

I don't find him credible at all. I wouldn't trust him any more than a voice on an unsolicited sales call with a strong foreign accent. That said, I find the complete story very credible.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I wouldn't trust him any more than a voice on an unsolicited sales call with a strong foreign accent. 

I think that you are being overly suspicious and paranoid.

Now, while I have you here...we need to talk about an issue with your social security number which, if left unattended, will cause the IRS to issue a warrant for your arrest...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

I don't find him credible at all. I wouldn't trust him any more than a voice on an unsolicited sales call with a strong foreign accent. That said, I find the complete story very credible.

Totally aside from this issue, if it never happened, there is nothing distinguishing him from any Cabela's shopper. Despite all this, he's as much of an authentic hunter and outdoorsman as anyone else.

4 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

........Now, while I have you here...we need to talk about an issue with your social security number which, if left unattended, will cause the IRS to issue a warrant for your arrest...

Do I hear a Nigerian accent?

3 hours ago, Arvedis said:

Totally aside from this issue, if it never happened, there is nothing distinguishing him from any Cabela's shopper........

Yup. Aside from this issue, he is Joe Sixpack. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2021 at 2:57 PM, Huntster said:

I remember this well, many of us here were involved with this saga hoping it was the real deal. It ran along with the Melba Ketchum saga. Both part of a long line of scammers looking for their 15 minutes of fame. He was a scammer, the bear steak proved it, Nothing he said was true. 

• Upvote 2

On 5/30/2021 at 10:16 PM, Will said:

I remember this well, many of us here were involved with this saga hoping it was the real deal. It ran along with the Melba Ketchum saga. Both part of a long line of scammers looking for their 15 minutes of fame. He was a scammer, the bear steak proved it, Nothing he said was true. 

100% agree. 

Upon further research and reflection, I have come to believe that the Justin Smeja incident is most likely a hoax. The reason being is that if he did in fact shoot and kill a Bigfoot and only wound the other, it is unlikely that he would have made if out of the woods alive. 

I am basing this conclusion on both the Native American legends of these creatures, and on the fact that every indication points to them being a highly intelligent apex predator. A wounded brown bear is deadly enough, but a wounded Bigfoot takes danger to a whole new level.