Justin Smeja Incident?

Wooly Booger

Again he had remorse for what he did.  These things are not natural beings. They look too like us.

The DNA and the lie detector results can be reconciled if you consider that the BF Smeja surprised and shot were feeding on a bear carcass.  

10 minutes ago, WSA said:

The DNA and the lie detector results can be reconciled if you consider that the BF Smeja surprised and shot were feeding on a bear carcass.  

That's actually a good theory. Accounts suggest black bear are on the Bigfoot menu. 

1 hour ago, WSA said:

If the Bigfeet ate the bear carcass and Smeja shot the Bigfeet? Where are the Bigfeet carcasses?

^^^Well Norse, we could say that about all of them, couldn’t we, and you know all the reasons as well as I do. But, in these particular circumstances I would doubt Mom would have left them to rot, don’t you? 

Edited by WSA

The problem with this is that Justin never mention seeing any carcass of a bear when he shot these creatures. He should have found a dead bear carcass in the area after the shot if he went looing for the adult. But he does not mention that in his statement. So there is some thing wrong with this thinking. Either he shot a Bigfoot or he shot a bear and it's cub.

I am moved to say that he shot a Bigfoot and it's child. What ever he picked up to take to the lab some how must have been some confusion in the process. Either he got caught up on this whole Bigfoot deal when Derek brought him into this world. That he did not know how to get out of it so he decided to play along with his bigfoot story. He was deep into it that he just went with it. Now he is just a part of this world when the truth is he really did not want to.

But then again it can all be true and the events did take place. That this guy is very sincere to what took place. But what happen in the past on this forum was a mess.

And there being a bear carcass close to the road makes sense. It either got smacked by a passing vehicle and died or it was dumped by poachers who (as any homicide detective will tell you) will not want to carry the evidence far enough for it to truly be hidden. Hell, it could have been Smeja’s bear they were scavenging  for all we know. 

My curiosity about Smeja and the hypothetical scenarios is really compelled by two things. The first is the polygraph, or more precisely, his willingness and need to submit to that. The second was the absolutely dumbfounded and confused expression on his face when Sykes broke the news to him.  That is not something easily impersonated, especially for a guy like that. Totally genuine reaction, in my opinion.  Thought he was going to cry. 

Edited by WSA

10 minutes ago, WSA said:

^^^Well Norse, we could say that about all of them, couldn’t we, and you know all the reasons as well as I do. But, in these particular circumstances I would doubt Mom would have left them to rot, don’t you? 

I thought he said he shot the mom and one juvenile?

Well Shadowborn, I am not sure I would notice some lump of dead bear remains hidden in the leaves if there were a couple of Bigfeet cavorting around. Also, as I said, it might have been a bear carcass HE dumped. Not a detail he probably would have been eager to share, if so.  

Edited by WSA

You might be right Norse, if so, guess the clean-up crew was not likely Mom. So then we are back to the enduring mystery of explaining where all the bodies go, and the usual theories. 

26 minutes ago, WSA said:

You might be right Norse, if so, guess the clean-up crew was not likely Mom. So then we are back to the enduring mystery of explaining where all the bodies go, and the usual theories. 

I just think there is a simple explanation. It’s Bear DNA because it was a Bear.

17 minutes ago, norseman said:

I just think there is a simple explanation. It’s Bear DNA because it was a Bear.

Well if the DNA came back bear then there is not much one can do anything about that.  Bear DNA is bear DNA. Simple as that. If he would have picked up that baby carcass it would be a different story right now.  One of us is just going to have the guts to shoot one and bring it in for inspection. This way we can have real DNA of this creature.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

Well if the DNA came back bear then there is not much one can do anything about that.  Bear DNA is bear DNA. Simple as that. If he would have picked up that baby carcass it would be a different story right now.  One of us is just going to have the guts to shoot one and bring it in for inspection. This way we can have real DNA of this creature.

Agreed assuming there was a baby Bigfoot to pick up.....

Right, agreeing it could be bear DNA and he was telling the truth, both. It is not an irreconcilable premise to assume both are true.  I have always found that if your evidence doesn’t support your theory, don’t blame the evidence. Get a better theory. It is easy to get locked into a false-binary view and to disregard the better, tertiary explanation.  

The central question about this guy is not so much “Did he really shoot a BF?” but: “Absent mental illness, why would somebody offer to submit to a polygraph and knowingly submit bear tissue for DNA sequencing to back up their story?” To my way of thinking, the second question answers the first one. 

Edited by WSA

1 hour ago, norseman said:

I thought he said he shot the mom and one juvenile?

Norseman, it's been quite awhile since i've read about the Smeja shooting, but did he find the female body? Or just the baby?

I seem to remember the female wasn't killed on the spot.....I thought she took off into the woods, but i can't recall if they ever found her.

Want to say that was part of their reason for beating a hasty departure, was they weren't completely sure the female was dead?

Could be completely misremembering though.