Could It Be That Bigfoot Is Paranormal?

Guest para ape

I'ld say it was messing with your computer too but it looks like the usual forum shenanigans. :) I understand Sassy, Let me just get an idea of what we are talking about here. I don't think they are omniscient so if the contraption is hidden in the house, maybe the attic or an upstairs bedroom, with the microphones tucked away somewhere on the four sides of the house under the eaves, it might not be detected.

Guest krakatoa

Sounds good to me, but who's going to build it?

Here is one that the security camera got a few weeks ago. Too bad it doesn't have audio.

The quality is awful because it's on a VHS tape, & I had to pause it & take a picture of the TV screen to get it to the computer.

SecurityCamera72311.jpg

These look like pretty standard dust-orbs.

From Wikipedia: "Paranormal is a general term (coined ca. 1915–1920[1][2]) that designates experiences that lie outside "the range of normal experience or scientific explanation"[3] or that indicates phenomena understood to be outside of science's current ability to explain or measure.[1][4] Paranormal phenomena are distinct from certain hypothetical entities, such as dark matter and dark energy, only insofar as paranormal phenomena are inconsistent with the world as already understood through empirical observation coupled with scientific methodology.[5]"

Paranormal is a subjective term, and the set of phenomona that can be lumped under the definition changes as our understanding of the world changes. Paranormal is less a description of the phenomona in question than it is a comment on our ability to study and understand the phenomena. Once we figure out how to study and understand something that was considered paranormal, it is no longer paranormal. It's just normal. And it always was. Only our ability to comprehend it has changed.

So when someone like para ape claims that bigfoot it paranormal, all he is really saying is that science, or more specifically, he, does not understand bigfoot.

Guest krakatoa

I've seen her other pictures that don't look like anything I've ever seen before, not that I'm an expert or anything.

Yeah -- wasn't she the one who had the cool pics of what appeared to be self-illuminated balls of energy like little comets?

So when someone like para ape claims that bigfoot it paranormal, all he is really saying is that science, or more specifically, he, does not understand bigfoot.

in that sense of the word, wouldnt all things BF be considered paranormal? i dont know that anyone really understands BF, at least not completely.

Some folks may have a little better grasp than others based on their experiences,but thats about it,imo.

i think where the "para squatch" argument being made by some starts catching static is when the demon manifested ,shape shifting, interdimensional hocus pocus attributes get thrown into the mix as reasons for why it hasnt been officially proven. maybe, idk.

in that sense of the word, wouldnt all things BF be considered paranormal? i dont know that anyone really understands BF, at least not completely.

Some folks may have a little better grasp than others based on their experiences,but thats about it,imo.

i think where the "para squatch" argument being made by some starts catching static is when the demon manifested ,shape shifting, interdimensional hocus pocus attributes get thrown into the mix as reasons for why it hasnt been officially proven. maybe, idk.

There are those of us on the forum who have been within arm's distance of bigfoot, those who have observed them for extended periods, and those who have had multiple encounters. To a person, I believe we would all say that bigfoot is flesh and blood. Since it is flesh and blood, it can be studied like any other flesh and blood creature. Thus, by the definition of paranormal, they are normal, though extraordinary.

In my opinion, however, those who think of them as animals, or as having low intelligence, set themselves up to misinterpret behavioral phenomena that surpass their expectations. Bigfoot intelligence (based on direct observation) is within the human range, and their stealth abilities far surpass ours (general consensus). So someone expecting an ape generally of gorilla intelligence rather than a smart, stealthy, near-human will have what they interpret to be a paranormal encounter, and walk away saying that they do not comprehend what they experienced, whereas someone expecting a smart, stealthy, near-human with extraordinary capabilities will be prepared to fully appreciate the unique behavior of something very special, but normal within the understanding of science.

Edited by JDL

There are those of us on the forum who have been within arm's distance of bigfoot, those who have observed them for extended periods, and those who have had multiple encounters. To a person, I believe we would all say that bigfoot is flesh and blood. Since it is flesh and blood, it can be studied like any other flesh and blood creature. Thus, by the definition of paranormal, they are normal, though extraordinary.

In my opinion, however, those who think of them as animals, or as having low intelligence, set themselves up to misinterpret behavioral phenomena that surpass their expectations. Bigfoot intelligence (based on direct observation) is within the human range, and their stealth abilities far surpass ours (general consensus). So someone expecting an ape generally of gorilla intelligence rather than a smart, stealthy, near-human will have what they interpret to be a paranormal encounter, and walk away saying that they do not comprehend what they experienced, whereas someone expecting a smart, stealthy, near-human with extraordinary capabilities will be prepared to fully appreciate the unique behavior of something very special, but normal within the understanding of science.

good points jdl, excellent post.

for BF to have mostly avoided people/capture so far would suggest a certain level of intelligence on their part.

and the reasons you list also give more weight to the F&B side vs the idea of a magical spirit creature.

as for being within the understanding of science, well, those guys are going to require a body in order to consider it normal.

until proven the debate will continue i suppose, between science,researchers & those who consider it "ghostly".

Guest Biggie

If my wife ever reads this, she will kill me for comparing her to the dogs...

:blink:

Yikes you are a brave brave man. I'd never do that with a wife, especially a pregnant one.

That's not ultrasound.

That's just better hearing at distance.

Either that, or I have paranormal hearing due to my ability as a child to hear my dad's car motor before the dogs did.

Ultrasound generally refers to anything beyond the upper range of human hearing. Above 20k hertz.

My enduring agony is that I can hear at least 23k hertz even at my age, and many electronics generate at these levels.

The other day a door alarm was malfunctioning at a Walmart, and while everyone else walked around oblivious, it was splitting my eardrums.

Wow, I thought it was just me! I have trouble hearing low frequency sounds, and avoid conversations in crowded rooms because I cannot distinguish between sounds to make out words. However, I am very sensitive to high frequency sounds. Once, my ex-partner & I pulled up at a rural home to survey the property. We got out of the truck and he started setting up the equipment while I started to walk around looking for existing property corners. Apparently the people who had just moved out had dogs, and had some kind of alarm system with an infrared trigger to that if you walked past it, it set off an electronic dog whistle to wake the dogs. I triggered it, and the high frequency dog whistle went off. It was deafening to me, but my partner could not hear it. It was so piercing to me that I was practically immobilized, and kept yelling at him to find whatever was making the noise quickly. I was almost in the fetal position when he found it and unplugged it.

I think this is all true. It's just,dogs and cats sense when were coming home,It's not a big jump to think a sasquatch could sense when we're looking for them or trying to take their picture.Alot of accounts seem to suggest this. I think it's possible their senses AND consciousness operate more profoundly then ours in certain areas...

I agree with you, BF has phenomenal abilities and with their brain size they may have some form of mental abilities that we don't have.

I'm not against them having the ability to communicate with other BF through some sort of telepathy and some of the other rare mental abilities mentioned earlier by our fellow members.

Para was saying that BF is related to UFOs, ghosts, and all sorts of stuff.

If he could have in a rational manner explained his theories I would have listened.

It was sorta his "all of this is true" so if we don't agree we are too stupid to understand so forget it manner he approached us with that turned me away from trying to understand him and his ideas.

I'm not stupid and I am open to rational discussion..

I have not seen him on the forum recently (past 2-3 days) so either he has abandoned ship(us) or changed his forum name.