Could It Be That Bigfoot Is Paranormal?

Guest para ape

Yea Susi, I too am open to such things, I just don't believe they constitute paranormal abilities as I defined them in my above post. I admit I am not ready to dismiss the posibility that they might have some way to posibly influence moods which is beyond the norm. The last interaction I had with one I was almost euphoric/giddy and my friend was scared stiff. We both thought my reaction was a bit odd. Lol. A tale for later telling.

Well said Prag. Even the Sierra Sounds guy thinks that they may be able to walk inter-dimensionally. I have no problem with that because he doesn't tell me I am wrong and/or blind in every thread for disagreeing that he doesn't know everything.

Bingo. The proponent in this case is not presenting his theory as a potential explanation, but as the only possible explanation, and badgering anyone who does not agree with him. If he were to demonstrate a willingness to consider other's viewpoints he would probably find a much more receptive audience willing to discuss both the pros and cons of his views.

It seems ironic to me that he is so adamant given that his supporting evidence is third hand at best (read it in a book by a guy who may have actually interviewed an eyewitness), and probably in most cases fourth hand or worse (read it in a book by a guy who collected all of his facts from secondary or tertiary sources that he may or may not have vetted).

It's hard to shove third hand evidence into the face of someone who has had a direct face-to-face encounter. He should also probably consider that if someone has had that sort of experience, they're not going to be a push-over with regard to para-theory that is inconsistent with their direct experience.

I've asked Para Ape at least twice in the past if he has had any interaction with one of these creatures, and been ignored both times. Interesting,IMHO.

Guest krakatoa

I said this exact thing 30 minutes ago about this exact topic and poster in another thread. Amazing. He IS using infrasound on us...

Hah! You may be on to something!

Guest Primate

Paranormal is by definition "beyond normal". If you live in a universe where beings of pure evil manifest out of a non-physical realm into our physical dimension at will (to mess with us). And, you reject any alternative explanation as implausable or delusional, well , you're really just turning the term upside down . You are also creating a polemical platform wherein you can cherry pick the facts into infinity to maintain your position .(If somebody shows up with a body you can say , "That's not the REAL-SPIRITUAL-MESSING-WITH-US -Bigfoot" . After all you've already done this with smells ,footprints,poo,blood etc...

Personally I have no problem with telepathy,perhaps aided by infrasound and used defensively (disapearing and evoking confused states). John T remarks that dogs do this and I've experienced it in humans as well .(well minus the infrasound) I see these as subtle manifestations of the physical world anyway . Interdimentional walking is an interesting idea but hard to differentiate from the above mentioned telapthic effects in the mind of the experiencer/reporter..

Guest krakatoa

I've asked Para Ape at least twice in the past if he has had any interaction with one of these creatures, and been ignored both times. Interesting,IMHO.

As I said on Para's para-thread (the now invisible one), his contributions don't pass the Turing test. I submit that Para is actually a computer burping up the same points with a variety of semantics from a small set of criteria.

Criteria Always: BF is paranormal.

Criteria Optional: Insert story of questionable provenance submitted as evidence.

Criteria Optional: Assert lack of BF carcass as evidence, reversing the time honored maxim "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

Criteria Always (implied or direct): Everyone else is too dense to see what is right in front of their noses: An invisible bigfoot!

I challenge anyone to disprove this theory. :D

Guest Biggie

He says he knows they are paranormal. What he has yet to learn is that believing and knowing are two different things.

Indeed Biggie. Plus, as the title of this thread implies, there's no true evidence that bigfoot is paranormal. I don't wish to turn this into a Para-bashing thread but so far I've only seen the same old "I know what they are" statements with no solid evidence. Opinion is opinion and that's fine but real evidence or at least a little first hand experience would be a better way to encourage healthy debate IMO.

Is it fair to report someone because the things they say hurt my brain?

What if it is 2 of us? I truly had to leave the forums due to a headache :blink: from all of this :unsure::rolleyes::blush:

Edited by SweetSusiq

Guest HairyGreek

Has anyone asked para ape why he left the MonsterQuest Forum..............?

Does he ever even answer anyone's questions? When he first started here, he said he was a big enough person to say he was wrong if the DNA and other evidence comes back showing something normal. Since then, I haven't really seen him answer or engage anyone except with the same answers and rhetoric. I guess this is OK. It just seems pointless to not want to enter into a debate. It's sad too, I am willing to discuss supernatural origins at least so I would at least concede this but he won't engage.

Yea Susi, I too am open to such things, I just don't believe they constitute paranormal abilities as I defined them in my above post. I admit I am not ready to dismiss the posibility that they might have some way to posibly influence moods which is beyond the norm. The last interaction I had with one I was almost euphoric/giddy and my friend was scared stiff. We both thought my reaction was a bit odd. Lol. A tale for later telling.

That's called fear, it felt like euphoria due to the sudden release of endorphin's and adrenalin as the body prepared for the fight (not be killed reflex) or the flight(run like hell) reflex :blink: due to fear.

We are born with a brain that rules that response. :D Wisely so I think.... ;)

Guest wild eyed willy

If BF were evil, ( a paranormal interdimensional demon come here to cause us grief or harm and general hysteria) it has sadley failed its mission. As the majority of the reports I an familliar with have led to zero harm to the witness.. In fact most tell of the BF retreating quickly. So what then would be the purpose of the interdimentional demonic visitor?

What would the thing get from poping in and out of our plane of existance? Most creatures I have knowledge of will take action for gain including we humans. If we assume BF is as all creatures we know of, what gain do they achie

You say Sassy can control our thoughts/ emotions, and perhaps communicate with us via tellepathy, If BF had any of these abilities wouldn't you expect them to use these tho thier best advantage, IE: If they could control our minds why stop at getting us to retreat? why not enslave us.. If they had MT why wouldn't they communicate some super important messages to us instead of the goofy crap that has been reported so far.. Surely a being of superior inteligence ( alien BF) would either use the knowledge to enlighten us or destroy us. What is to be gained by the game of hide and go seek?

If BF could control our emotions as suggested, it would probably have a reason to do so. what does it get from creating fear, happiness, anger, and sadness? Is energy the reason? why not come out into the open and get tons of energy? just make the population crazy and let the energy flow like water....

Offer me some tangible reason to believe your theory.. Throw a dog a bone! paint me one scenero that make any sence at all. Or submit to the flesh and blood party