Could It Be That Bigfoot Is Paranormal?

Guest para ape

It occurs to me that I have once seen a two dimensional coyote. It was on a leash.

When I was in high school I worked part time for my father, who ran a geochemical analysis lab for exploration companies all over the world. I worked in the prep room where my job was to screen soils to obtain the fine powder necessary for analysis. There were also two full time employees whose job it was to crush rocks for the same purpose.

One Monday morning, my father and I got to work at 7 AM to find the two other guys at work uncharacteristically early. I went into the prep room and got to work. Rather than working, however, the other two guys kept peeking down the hallway to the offices and snickering. After a while it became apparent that they were waiting for the secretary to arrive.

When I asked them what was up, I learned that they had been out ratting around in the desert the day before and had found a dead, dessicated, and completely flattened coyote on the road. They had brought it back, come in early, and placed it on the secretary's desk.

A short time later the very attractive secretary arrived and, as was her habit, walked directly to her office, entered, and closed the door. It would typically be about half an hour before she would reappear fully made up for the work day. The two guys were watching down the hall and giggling away. As time passed and she did not fly screaming out of her office, the giggling subsided and the guys began to become concerned. About the time they actually began to fret, her door finally opened and out she came in her makeup and heels, cool and collected, dragging the flat coyote behind her, using a red ribbon as a leash.

Paranormal is by definition "beyond normal". If you live in a universe where beings of pure evil manifest out of a non-physical realm into our physical dimension at will (to mess with us). And, you reject any alternative explanation as implausable or delusional, well , you're really just turning the term upside down . You are also creating a polemical platform wherein you can cherry pick the facts into infinity to maintain your position .(If somebody shows up with a body you can say , "That's not the REAL-SPIRITUAL-MESSING-WITH-US -Bigfoot" . After all you've already done this with smells ,footprints,poo,blood etc...

Personally I have no problem with telepathy,perhaps aided by infrasound and used defensively (disapearing and evoking confused states). John T remarks that dogs do this and I've experienced it in humans as well .(well minus the infrasound) I see these as subtle manifestations of the physical world anyway . Interdimentional walking is an interesting idea but hard to differentiate from the above mentioned telapthic effects in the mind of the experiencer/reporter..

Primate, I agree about the *possibility* of BF *perhaps* having the ability to use infrasonic communication and *possibly* may be able to communicate *telepathically* between themselves.

I am willing to entertain these possibilities _but_ _not_ about them being supernatural and/or from another _plane of _existence_ and hopping back and forth for Heaven's sake!!

That's called fear, it felt like euphoria due to the sudden release of endorphin's and adrenalin as the body prepared for the fight (not be killed reflex) or the flight(run like hell) reflex :blink: due to fear. We are born with a brain that rules that response. :D Wisely so I think.... ;)

That was the strange part Susi,no fear at all, none. It came to within 30 yards of us, we could hear it grunting, breatheing walking, and breaking limbs. I wanted to see it so bad I just walked out into the woods with it. When I turned on my flashlight it got real quiet. My friend was scared really bad and wanted me to get back to the clearing. After I turned on my light it didn't make another sound.

Guest HairyGreek

Offer me some tangible reason to believe your theory.. Throw a dog a bone! paint me one scenero that make any sence at all. Or submit to the flesh and blood party

That last line sounds like I am being forced to join a crew of pirates. Argh!

I would gladly take you up on this offer, but it must be over PM as an explanation that would fit para's hypothesis requires religion to be injected which against forum rules.

Guest Primate

SweetSusiq. That was kinda my point..I don't know how an interdimensional bigfoot could be differentiated from a flesh and blood one who used telepathy(and perhaps infrasound) to create gaps in our perception of them..The dissapearing/reappearing thing is in the eye of the beholder.The narrative vastly differant.(and therefor interesting) I've experienced things similer to this with Tibetan Lamas ..Sadly, I've never seen a Sasquatch up close.

I truly understand and believe that there is a world that we live in that is *unseen* and *unknown*.

I've experienced it. I've lived with it.

I know Ghosts and UFOs exist thanks to either living with them or being unfortunate enough to be in an area that they decided to come down and look at, which they did, and then stopped within 10 feet of where my sister and I were standing.

The UFO was real, it made no sound, the only reason I noticed it was a bright light flashed and I looked up and saw it coming out of the sky and hovering perhaps 10-15 feet above the road, and then coming down the road and stopping right where we were within a few feet of us.

Needless to say my sister and I froze and did not move for several seconds as it hovered(soundlessly)there, then it tipped up onto it's side and shot off. :(

I sincerely wish that I had *never* lived in a haunted house nor even thought that I had ever seen a UFO.

However, Having had these experiences may have caused me to be more open to the possibility of Bigfoot being real.

Plus I'm sure my dad believed in BF and if he believed then they must exist IMHO..

Edited by SweetSusiq

SweetSusiq. That was kinda my point..I don't know how an interdimensional bigfoot could be differentiated from a flesh and blood one who used telepathy(and perhaps infrasound) to create gaps in our perception of them..The dissapearing/reappearing thing is in the eye of the beholder.The narrative vastly differant.(and therefor interesting) I've experienced things similer to this with Tibetan Lamas ..Sadly, I've never seen a Sasquatch up close.

:blush: Look, I'm trying to be open minded here, but I still think that BF bleeds, lives, eats, procreates, and leaves scat in the woods all around the world.

They also scare people, even being startled will cause a rush of adrenalin which will enhance all of the senses.

That's the beginning of the fight or flight scenario.

This can also be thought of as euphoria because every sense is so heightened due to the adrenalin dump in some cases.

It's to help save our lives and to help us escape danger.

Edited by SweetSusiq

I'm trying really hard to believe in the *possibility* of BF having some unknown way to communicate, but why would they resort to wood-knocking if they could communicate with telepathy?

I'm totally back to thinking that their woodland skills are so advanced that they can seemingly disappear at will, but *not* into another dimension.

They are as earthbound as we are.

Guest Robert2

I'm totally back to thinking that their woodland skills are so advanced that they can seemingly disappear at will, but *not* into another dimension.

They are as earthbound as we are.

Exactly. They are the masters of their domaine. You cannot sneak up on one, unless you luck out and find one in a deep sleep.

Guest Primate

I'm in complete agreement with both of you. I just think there MAY be some other capacities we don't know about or rarely see. Qualities that are very subjective to the observer .As a lifelong meditater and competitive martial artist(kickboxing and jui-jitzu) I know adrenaline can really alter your perception.But , this mighnt not account for everything.

Guest Robert2

About the only "capacities" I can think of would be their heightened senses and strength and speed.

They are frequently described as having huge eyes, and they seem to be mostly nocturnal, so their vision must be very different from ours.

I assume their other senses are more finely attuned to the environment than ours are too.

About the only "capacities" I can think of would be their heightened senses and strength and speed.

They are frequently described as having huge eyes, and they seem to be mostly nocturnal, so their vision must be very different from ours.

I assume their other senses are more finely attuned to the environment than ours are too.

So you think that BF activity is mostly nocturnal?

That would be even more startling than a daylight sighting. :ph34r: Yikes.

Guest Primate

I think this is all true. It's just,dogs and cats sense when were coming home,It's not a big jump to think a sasquatch could sense when we're looking for them or trying to take their picture.Alot of accounts seem to suggest this. I think it's possible their senses AND consciousness operate more profoundly then ours in certain areas...