Could It Be That Bigfoot Is Paranormal?

Guest para ape

Guest Robert2

I think this is all true. It's just,dogs and cats sense when were coming home,It's not a big jump to think a sasquatch could sense when we're looking for them or trying to take their picture.Alot of accounts seem to suggest this. I think it's possible their senses AND consciousness operate more profoundly then ours in certain areas...

The dogs across the street from me start barking about one or two minutes before their people drive up into the garage. The 'sensing' they do is all with their ears. They can hear ultrasonic sounds from greater distances than we can even imagine. They know the sound of the car's engine, and when they start to hear it, they know that their people will be walking through the door in a few minutes.

I think BF have similar senses. Vision, hearing, even olfactory senses might all be 10, 20, or even 100 times more sensitive than ours.

Guest HairyGreek

The dogs across the street from me start barking about one or two minutes before their people drive up into the garage. The 'sensing' they do is all with their ears. They can hear ultrasonic sounds from greater distances than we can even imagine. They know the sound of the car's engine, and when they start to hear it, they know that their people will be walking through the door in a few minutes.

I think BF have similar senses. Vision, hearing, even olfactory senses might all be 10, 20, or even 100 times more sensitive than ours.

I have also heard it stated that they have internal clocks much like humans do. My wife can tell herself (when she isn't pregnant) that she wants to wake up at 6AM, and by God, she wakes up at 6AM on the dot. Dogs know when you are supposed to be home in the same sort of way. If my wife ever reads this, she will kill me for comparing her to the dogs...

Guest krakatoa

That's not ultrasound.

That's just better hearing at distance.

Either that, or I have paranormal hearing due to my ability as a child to hear my dad's car motor before the dogs did.

Ultrasound generally refers to anything beyond the upper range of human hearing. Above 20k hertz.

My enduring agony is that I can hear at least 23k hertz even at my age, and many electronics generate at these levels.

The other day a door alarm was malfunctioning at a Walmart, and while everyone else walked around oblivious, it was splitting my eardrums.

Guest krakatoa

I have also heard it stated that they have internal clocks much like humans do. My wife can tell herself (when she isn't pregnant) that she wants to wake up at 6AM, and by God, she wakes up at 6AM on the dot. Dogs know when you are supposed to be home in the same sort of way. If my wife ever reads this, she will kill me for comparing her to the dogs...

I can do that as well. Not so much as telling myself a time, as figuring out the how long I can sleep before waking and telling myself to wake up in 5 hours, or whatever. Not sure what accounts for that ability.

Guest HairyGreek

I can do that as well. Not so much as telling myself a time, as figuring out the how long I can sleep before waking and telling myself to wake up in 5 hours, or whatever. Not sure what accounts for that ability.

Whatever it is, it is not supernatural...

What about building something that will catch local changes in infrasound? That is not paranormal but the affects of it can be mistaken for something paranormal. Sasfooty's place would be ideal for setting something like that up and just monitoring it on a continuous basis, kind of like the old cardiac monitors with the ticker tape strips. You could set it up where it would print when it got out of normal range, then figure out what was going on at the time to rule out the natural causes. It would be neat to see if the floating orbs make noise we can't hear.

Whatever it is, it is not supernatural...

Doggone it, just when I was gonna go buy a t -shirt w/ a big ol' S on it. ;)

Guest HairyGreek

What about building something that will catch local changes in infrasound? That is not paranormal but the affects of it can be mistaken for something paranormal. Sasfooty's place would be ideal for setting something like that up and just monitoring it on a continuous basis, kind of like the old cardiac monitors with the ticker tape strips. You could set it up where it would print when it got out of normal range, then figure out what was going on at the time to rule out the natural causes. It would be neat to see if the floating orbs make noise we can't hear.

Yeah...totally just got the mental image of a horror movie seen. Sas is sitting in her kitchen having a beer, smoking a cig while she's watching the machine that never moves...and then it spikes and then goes down...from slower to faster. Then it goes crazy! :blob:

I need more sleep...

LOLOL...it wouldn't be something she would have to watch all of the time, just check periodically, then she could compare the time on the strips to the time of her diary entries of "high strangeness" activity. If she has photographic evidence of orbs, anything, to prove it wasn't hallucinations induced by the infrasound that would be even better. It would go along way in creating a circumstantial case for infrasound being involved, I would think.

Sounds good to me, but who's going to build it?

Here is one that the security camera got a few weeks ago. Too bad it doesn't have audio.

The quality is awful because it's on a VHS tape, & I had to pause it & take a picture of the TV screen to get it to the computer.

SecurityCamera72311.jpg

Sounds good to me, but who's going to build it?

Here is one that the security camera got a few weeks ago. Too bad it doesn't have audio.

The quality is awful because it's on a VHS tape, & I had to pause it & take a picture of the TV screen to get it to the computer.

SecurityCamera72311.jpg

It would all depend on the cost of the parts, there are some very good electrical engineers on this forum that might develop something simple from re-purposed military equipment. If you think you might be serious, I could check into it a little more, I know there are prototypes for this kind of thing that have been built from scratch before.

Do you know how few chimpanzee fossils exist?

Amen to that Incorrigiblel :wub:

Common sense is a good thing. :ph34r: Now if just more of us had that trait. :rolleyes:

I'll try it if somebody can get it built, but I wouldn't want to spend much money on it because they can seriously mess with cameras, recorders, & listening devices. Something really strange happened with the security camera just a few days after it got these pictures.

I believe that when Dr. Ketchum releases her study you may have a partial answer. There is nothing that says flesh and blood creatures can't have paranormal abilities depending on, as you say, how paranormal is defined. It is not an either/or situation which is the problem with why it is so hard to discuss. Define the physical first, then explore the other aspects. Infrasound is not paranormal because a concrete explanation exists to explain it in other species. If there isn't a current example of a trait existing in the known animal or plant kingdom, or by physics or some other life science, then I would say that could be an aspect that is described as paranormal.

Thankfully all of what you have said is reasonable!

You did not mention UFOs, aliens, or ghosts.

Thank you and major hugs to you from me.

You got a point from me given with love and appreciation. :D

Edited by SweetSusiq