Expedition Bigfoot TV show

Tahoma

4 hours ago, Tahoma said:

Has anyone seen the TV show expedition bigfoot? If so, what are your thoughts?

My thoughts?

It's crap.

Finding Bigfoot, for all its faults, was at least entertaining. EB is boring, the "investigators" do not interest me, and they go the inflated drama route all the time.

• Upvote 1

I’ve seen the first two seasons and think the third season must be due out soon. I’ll give anyone some credit who gets out and tries to unravel the Bigfoot mystery. The show does have some weird twists and brings into play new gadgets. Of course they aim to build an audience with cliff hangers and teasers. I’m up for learning from anyone new ways to utilize technology or outdoor skills to observe BF. I must say there’s great wisdom here on this forum.

• Upvote 1

Wait. Is that the show where the metal detecting guy with the cockney accent looks for evidence of Sasquatch Knights Templar in a Canadian maritime province? It’s awesome. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I watched it and will continue  but I know it's strictly tv entertainment.

Aka garbage 

• Upvote 1

I just watched season two. I like it.

Is it melodramatic? Yes. I’m no TV producer so I dunno what makes for good TV ratings.

But Dr. Mayor I think is very qualified as a primatologist. The Army guy seems to be able to hike into the steep and deep and find evidence to steer the rest of the group onto.

They just feel more qualified than any other TV show out there.

She is taking eDNA samples. And got a chimp or chimp like hit in Kentucky. Certainly eDNA has a lot more potential than dental resin. So that’s good!

I did find it interesting with her Lemur find in Madagascar that science required TWO type specimens. Male and Female. She was opposed to killing them and since they are tiny and easily catchable? Concessions were made and a male and female pair were given over to captivity and when they die of natural causes they will become type specimens for their species. So no amount of blood work or documentation replaces type specimens within science. She thinks it’s outdated and wrong. But it doesn’t matter what she thinks even as the discoverer of a new species.

I knew science required a type specimen. I did not know it needed two. One male and one female.

On 3/15/2022 at 4:08 PM, SasquatchPA said:

I certainly like this show way more then the Alaskan Killer Bigfoot show. 

Lol I like mountian monsters better than Alaska killer BF....

• Thanks 1

At about 23 minutes in. Dr. Mayor talks about pheromones and them not contaminating the area with DNA.