Expedition Bigfoot TV show

Tahoma

Season 3, episode 1 is up on Discovery Plus. Still overly dramatized but I enjoy it and lean to their experiences being likely credible.

• Thanks 1

Reality TV  is never fake 

Just the name of the show    Expedition     makes me feel confident that nothing on this show is scripted or fake and is 100% legit 

• Haha 1

I'll admit it, I watched it. I'm reminded, however, of something a good friend told me years ago. All reality TV shows have a producer...

It was still entertaining to watch, and the Olympic Peninsula is stunningly beautiful. It will be interesting to see how the season plays out. 

I don’t get upset that a show made purely to entertain people enough to get them to sit through commercials for cat litter and car insurance isn’t real… I am disappointed in how lazy they are this season.

The fact that they are just speaking into their shirt/jacket lapels is hilarious…. No lapel mics.  No ear pieces to hear their teammates.   Nothing.  Just pull the lapel out, speak into that general direction, and done.  

I had heard that some of the major networks were cutting back their budgets for Cryptid-reality shows.  Man, but at least get a toy walkie-talkie or something.

I like the show.  It's a little slow, but I think they are seriously trying to find evidence of bigfoot's existence.  Of course, I like almost any show about bigfoot.  Not much happened in season 1, but in season 2 they actually got some evidence with eDNA in Kentucky, and some thermal footage, along with a good footprint in the Olympic Peninsula in season 2.  Maybe they will pile up more evidence in season 3.  Like I say, I do think they are being serious about finding evidence, even though the show has to cater to audiences to keep them engaged.

People? We have a bona fide primatologist in the woods taking DNA samples and looking for Bigfoot. She takes the subject SERIOUSLY!

How cool is that? She has FOUND a new species of primate! Whoa!

We moan and complain that science doesn’t take the subject seriously. Well? Can we put up with some creepy music and dramatic cut aways and producers? They are footing the bill, so? Yah I guess we will put up with it.

Some times the BF community is willing to cut their noses off to spite their face. It’s bizarre.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, norseman said:

People? We have a bona fide primatologist in the woods taking DNA samples and looking for Bigfoot. She takes the subject SERIOUSLY!

How cool is that? She has FOUND a new species of primate! Whoa!

We moan and complain that science doesn’t take the subject seriously. Well? Can we put up with some creepy music and dramatic cut aways and producers? They are footing the bill, so? Yah I guess we will put up with it.

Some times the BF community is willing to cut their noses off to spite their face. It’s bizarre.

I would counter that we have a bona fide primatologist on tv talking about Bigfoot.  I honestly don’t think much of this isn’t scripted…you can’t take it too seriously when they are talking into their shirt collars.    

I don’t hate on the show… and am always glad to see new Sasquatch programming even if I am not the targeted demographic.  

However, I stand by my original statement that it seemed a bit ‘phoned in’.

Phoned in.  

Get it?

I slay me.  

• Haha 2

Last two seasons they had all of the bells and whistles.  This year so far they rented a drone to spray grape drink, seem to be trading back and forth the same thermal, and are one step away from talking into their shoes like Get Smart.  

Like I said, they are probably doing the best that they can given their apparent budget constraints.  

Also…. Has anyone else here handled the Sasquatch pheromone made by Osmic Research?  It’s a bit…pungent.  I don’t think that I would want to be traipsing through a forest covered in it.  

1 hour ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Last two seasons they had all of the bells and whistles.  This year so far they rented a drone to spray grape drink, seem to be trading back and forth the same thermal, and are one step away from talking into their shoes like Get Smart.  

Like I said, they are probably doing the best that they can given their apparent budget constraints.  

Also…. Has anyone else here handled the Sasquatch pheromone made by Osmic Research?  It’s a bit…pungent.  I don’t think that I would want to be traipsing through a forest covered in it.  

I would much rather watch a primatologist collecting DNA samples in the woods? (One of which she got a primate return on)

Than some dudes spending an hour at night whooping and wood knocking at other dudes in the woods whooping and wood knocking. And there are 50 shows like this to choose from. 

No, but I use Elk cow in estrus scent. And when I had hounds we used Cougar and Bear scent to train. Very pungent. And you don’t want it leaking in your pack either.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, norseman said:

I would much rather watch a primatologist collecting DNA samples in the woods? (One of which she got a primate return on)

Than some dudes spending an hour at night whooping and wood knocking at other dudes in the woods whooping and wood knocking. And there are 50 shows like this to choose from. 

No, but I use Elk cow in estrus scent. And when I had hounds we used Cougar and Bear scent to train. Very pungent. And you don’t want it leaking in your pack either.

It’s entertaining.  I am glad that it is on TV.  I hope more Sasquatch programming makes it onto television.  I agree with you that it isn’t the usual wood knocks, howls, and ‘Squatchy’ talk.  

The invisible microphone thing was disappointing, but I will still watch it.  I expected more, given the pedigree of members of the cast and the budget that they previously had.  But, they are working within the constraints set by the network.  

I don’t hate them because they are on tv.  Heck, I appreciate what Mountain Monsters brings to the table after seeing a few of them interact with the public.  

Who knows?  Maybe I am wrong, and the next episode will showcase their cutting edge micro-microphones.  It was just strange to turn it on and say ‘is that dude talking into his shirt?’  I didn’t expect that from a show of that caliber.  

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

It’s entertaining.  I am glad that it is on TV.  I hope more Sasquatch programming makes it onto television.  I agree with you that it isn’t the usual wood knocks, howls, and ‘Squatchy’ talk.  

The invisible microphone thing was disappointing, but I will still watch it.  I expected more, given the pedigree of members of the cast and the budget that they previously had.  But, they are working within the constraints set by the network.  

I don’t hate them because they are on tv.  Heck, I appreciate what Mountain Monsters brings to the table after seeing a few of them interact with the public.  

Who knows?  Maybe I am wrong, and the next episode will showcase their cutting edge micro-microphones.  It was just strange to turn it on and say ‘is that dude talking into his shirt?’  I didn’t expect that from a show of that caliber.  

Honestly? I didn’t notice the shirt thing. And I haven’t watched Mountain Monsters. 

Right now I’m watching Expedition X. A bunch of new shows I haven’t seen including finding the evidence of the cabin at ape canyon. They had some FLIR hits that if real? Looked good. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, norseman said:

Honestly? I didn’t notice the shirt thing. And I haven’t watched Mountain Monsters. 

Right now I’m watching Expedition X. A bunch of new shows I haven’t seen including finding the evidence of the cabin at ape canyon. They had some FLIR hits that if real? Looked good. 

The Small Town Monsters YouTube series is good, if you haven’t seen it.  Beyond The Trail.   

15 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

The Small Town Monsters YouTube series is good, if you haven’t seen it.  Beyond The Trail.   

I have. I watched them with the Olympic Project

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, norseman said:

Have you actually listened to some of the things she's said in the first two seasons? She had no pre-show prep to bring her up to speed or even act informed about the topic of bigfoot in general. They have her eating from the paranormal trough from the moment they could lead her to it. Everything she said then was the same "living in my glory days I did this and that". Her credentials have done nothing to sway me to believe she knows anything other than what they wrote in the episode talking points for her.