Expedition Bigfoot TV show

Tahoma

There are a lot of reasons to hate on the show and most of people involved… lots of reasons. 

Because it is a tv show behaving like a tv show isn’t one of them.  

2 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

There are a lot of reasons to hate on the show and most of people involved… lots of reasons. 

Because it is a tv show behaving like a tv show isn’t one of them.  

The ones that don’t whoop or wood knock?

👏🏻

5 hours ago, norseman said:

Honest question.

Outfits like 23 and me? Can tell you that your 80% NW European 15% Native American and 5% Mediterranean. For like 99 bucks.

So why 30k?

I'd have to go back and find the podcast where they named the 30g's figure. I've heard various figures close to that from people at conventions. It's been a while. I thought it seemed very high too. As I recall, it had to do with the more detailed testing and the recording of evidence and the aforementioned making it as close to bulletproof as possible.

I suspect it has more to do with labs NOT wanting to deal with "crazy" people flooding them with Squatch DNA. So they make it cost prohibitive. And I'm sure the CEOs don't want the publicity if they're named in public as testing such dna. Or worse, if they say it is Squatch dna and then its proven not to be, it would lead to disgrace.

13 hours ago, norseman said:

They had a unknown primate eDNA hit in Kentucky? That’s not serious investigation?

Tough crowd.

I'm exhausted and my mind is mush right now but didn't they find chimpanzee DNA in Kentucky?

1 hour ago, wiiawiwb said:

I'm exhausted and my mind is mush right now but didn't they find chimpanzee DNA in Kentucky?

Yes. Closest match to anything *primate*.

5 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Both. One of the hits was straight up Chimp. And part of it was unknown primate. Thats what I remember.

There is a clip where she is talking to the genetics lab gal. I will try to find it.

On 3/21/2022 at 6:24 PM, norseman said:

Honest question.

Outfits like 23 and me? Can tell you that your 80% NW European 15% Native American and 5% Mediterranean. For like 99 bucks.

So why 30k?

$30k is very high, but may have been an actual quote for full DNA screening at some point many years ago, before costs came down. Still, the costs are wildly different because companies like 23 & Me are doing very different testing. They know EXACTLY where to look in the human genome for the information they are reporting to customers. Think of 23 & Me as getting handed a book and asked, "What is the first word on page 242?" Full genetic testing would be the equivalent of: "Read the entire book, and report back on that."

If you're interested in what the EB chimpanzee DNA finding might mean, you'll be interested in the conversation earlier this year under the thread "Looking for any DNA studies related to Sasquatch

• Upvote 2

I watched the first episode of the new season last night and I just shake my head at it.
I mean, these are supposed to be stealthy creatures who avoid detection, motion sensors, lights, etc....and then the team hears a noise and go chasing after it with flashlights blazing and showing the creature where to avoid and where the humans are. Wouldn't it be better to just sit down and wait and take your chances?

20 hours ago, CelticKevin said:

I watched the first episode of the new season last night and I just shake my head at it.
I mean, these are supposed to be stealthy creatures who avoid detection, motion sensors, lights, etc....and then the team hears a noise and go chasing after it with flashlights blazing and showing the creature where to avoid and where the humans are. Wouldn't it be better to just sit down and wait and take your chances?

I believe Dr. Mayor chastised the guy for doing that. Saying that if had done that on one of her expeditions to Africa he would have been kicked out.

Also in later episodes the Army guy builds a sniper hide.

Learned something new. Season 3 Episode 3 

Dr. Mayor interviews Dr. Jane Goodall. I guess this tree structure behavior has been observed in Chimps. And she goes back to Kentucky to take more DNA samples around that tree structure. I like the follow ups!

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, norseman said:

Dr. Mayor interviews Dr. Jane Goodall. I guess this tree structure behavior has been observed in Chimps. And she goes back to Kentucky to take more DNA samples around that tree structure. I like the follow ups!

One of our people made an interesting observation last summer. He would make random visits across the river to the area where we routinely hear vocals at different times. While over there, he observed a piece of rock that had a smaller sharp edge to it that had been wedged into a crack on the trunk of a tree a few feet up off the ground. Naturally, you see something like that and you just pull it out. He went back a day or two later and found the rock shoved back into the crack of the tree. IF I'm recalling correctly, he took it out again, but in the next couple of days before leaving he didn't find it put back in the tree crack. Maybe this Spring when we get settled back into camp we'll find it's been put back in. I'll contact him to have him check whenever he's back up there.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, norseman said:

This is extremely interesting.

We found a tree in north Georgia that was in a small valley that had white quartz placed among its roots.  Some of the quartz had been there for awhile and was mostly obscured by debris.  Others had obviously been placed there recently… laying on top of the leaves and other debris.  

The tree had a significant feel about it, although neither one of us could really articulate why we felt that way.  

There is no other visible white quartz in that area and we found no other stones around the base of any other trees.  

We had been on that area previously, and the place was covered with X type structures.  Normally, I think that 99% of tree structures are naturally occurring, but there were so many there and they were placed in paths… it was definitely odd.  

The image was taken with a full spectrum camera, so it has a pink/purple tint.

3E014C89-D287-4DCC-B75E-627E6A13B7DB.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I see on Twitter that they're claiming  their flashlights caught the shadow of a cloaked creature on the last episode as they investigated a supposed fish trap.

This is leading quite a few to embrace the "extraterrestrial" or "interdimensional" theory. 

I watched it. It's a weird shadow. But I saw no evidence of anything going on that would indicate a creature was present. You heard the sound of rocks falling. But of course, they caught no rocks falling on camera nor did they have a FLIR to scan the overlooking ridges for heat signature. Just flashlights. 

This show is entertaining. But rapidly getting into the same vibe of Ghost Adventures.

Screenshot_20220330-065234_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20220330-065256_Twitter.jpg

Edited by CelticKevin
  • Haha 1

This is the best bigfoot show that mainsteam tv has ever produced. They are pursuing real investigation and are on the cutting edge of the research. I'd like to interview the camera crew who is following them around. Are they believers now?