Expedition Bigfoot TV show

Tahoma

4 minutes ago, GuyInIndiana said:

Have you actually listened to some of the things she's said in the first two seasons? She had no pre-show prep to bring her up to speed or even act informed about the topic of bigfoot in general. They have her eating from the paranormal trough from the moment they could lead her to it. Everything she said then was the same "living in my glory days I did this and that". Her credentials have done nothing to sway me to believe she knows anything other than what they wrote in the episode talking points for her.

That’s the best part. She is a fresh perspective from the angle of science. The other guy she pals around with has enough Bigfoot lore for the both of them.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, GuyInIndiana said:

Have you actually listened to some of the things she's said in the first two seasons? She had no pre-show prep to bring her up to speed or even act informed about the topic of bigfoot in general. They have her eating from the paranormal trough from the moment they could lead her to it. Everything she said then was the same "living in my glory days I did this and that". Her credentials have done nothing to sway me to believe she knows anything other than what they wrote in the episode talking points for her.

Considering that she is (supposedly) approaching this from the viewpoint that she is looking for an undiscovered primate… wouldn’t the qualifications that she already possesses be more than sufficient?  

I don’t know how much actual investigation  they are doing, but if they are approaching this seriously… what else would she need to know?  Seems like her skill set is pretty tailor made for this sort of thing.

She probably isn’t conversant on Bigfoot lore…but, isn’t that what the other guy is there for?  

14 minutes ago, norseman said:

That’s the best part. She is a fresh perspective from the angle of science. The other guy she pals around with has enough Bigfoot lore for the both of them.

Yeah, that’s where I am at…. Might be a bonus that she doesn’t know all of the lore.

A post from their Facebook group popped up in my feed.  Some guy calling them out for not partnering with ‘respected researchers’ and instead speaking with people who are ‘unknown in the community’.  Lol.

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot

13 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

A post from their Facebook group popped up in my feed.  Some guy calling them out for not partnering with ‘respected researchers’ and instead speaking with people who are ‘unknown in the community’.  Lol.

No offense to anyone. But respected researchers? Have not cracked the case.

So the community should be receptive to new people and new ideas IMHO.

13 minutes ago, norseman said:

So the community should be receptive to new people and new ideas IMHO.

If these things are undiscovered primates… who would stand a better chance of finding them?

An actual primatologist who has discovered unknown primates?  

Or a guy who knows what color pants Roger Patterson was wearing on October 20, 1967?

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I don’t know how much actual investigation  they are doing, but if they are approaching this seriously… 

Which I can't believe they are. Just last season... 4 heat signatures on a thermal... then what do you do? You say, well, it's getting late. We better get back to camp. WHAT?! On several occasions they had alleged activity right near them, then they just shut down for the night and say "we'll hit it again tomorrow and see if something happens". It just isn't credible.

6 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

If these things are undiscovered primates… who would stand a better chance of finding them?

An actual primatologist who has discovered unknown primates?  

Or a guy who knows what color pants Roger Patterson was wearing on October 20, 1967?

Right!? We want science involved…. Kinda. But on our terms. When in reality? If science discovers Bigfoot tomorrow? 

No one will care what color pants Roger was wearing. They probably won’t care who Roger is.

What is the name of the guy that discovered the Mountain Gorilla?

7 minutes ago, GuyInIndiana said:

Which I can't believe they are. Just last season... 4 heat signatures on a thermal... then what do you do? You say, well, it's getting late. We better get back to camp. WHAT?! On several occasions they had alleged activity right near them, then they just shut down for the night and say "we'll hit it again tomorrow and see if something happens". It just isn't credible.

They had a unknown primate eDNA hit in Kentucky? That’s not serious investigation?

Tough crowd.

15 minutes ago, GuyInIndiana said:

This is obviously edited for tv.  They may have spent the next few hours searching with no luck, and they edited that out for time’s sake.  

Or maybe they didn’t.  Maybe it is completely scripted.  It’s a tv show.  It’s not there to appeal to Bigfoot researchers.  It’s there to appeal the casual enthusiast…of which there are millions.  

5 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

This is obviously edited for tv.  They may have spent the next few hours searching with no luck, and they edited that out for time’s sake.  

Or maybe they didn’t.  Maybe it is completely scripted.  It’s a tv show.  It’s not there to appeal to Bigfoot researchers.  It’s there to appeal the casual enthusiast…of which there are millions.  

They aren’t the only ones with cliff hangers that lead to no where. Monster quest, etc all did it. This is why I don’t have strong confidence in DNA. Unknown primate DNA never seems to move the needle.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, norseman said:

They aren’t the only ones with cliff hangers that lead to no where. Monster quest, etc all did it. This is why I don’t have strong confidence in DNA. Unknown primate DNA never seems to move the needle.

And it never will.

“It’s obviously contaminated.”

The problem with DNA is that over heard from several folks over the years that any standard test will show the DNA is like 93% (or around thereabouts) human. If you want it to read the actual results...and get the results that are court room ready... you have to pay upwards of $30,000. And most researchers arent going to pay (risk) that.

17 minutes ago, CelticKevin said:

The problem with DNA is that over heard from several folks over the years that any standard test will show the DNA is like 93% (or around thereabouts) human. If you want it to read the actual results...and get the results that are court room ready... you have to pay upwards of $30,000. And most researchers arent going to pay (risk) that.

Honest question.

Outfits like 23 and me? Can tell you that your 80% NW European 15% Native American and 5% Mediterranean. For like 99 bucks.

So why 30k?

1 hour ago, norseman said:

The term "respected researchers" is pretty subjective too. Every big name in the field is open to

The term "respected researchers" is pretty subjective too. Every big name in the field is open to criticism that disqualifies them in the eyes of  Squatch "fans". I think Todd Standing should be horse whipped for being a hoaxer. Others think he's the greatest thing since Patterson. I think Meldrum is a straight shooter. But I had lunch with a pal who thinks the minute you go on tv and get paid, you've sold out and everything you produce is fake.

criticism that disqualifies them in the eyes of  Squatch "fans". I think Todd Standing should be horse whipped for being a hoaxer. Others think he's the greatest thing since Patterson. I think Meldrum is a straight shooter. But I had lunch with a pal who thinks the minute you go on tv and get paid, you've sold out and everything you produce is fake. So to those like him, the case will never be cracked because the evidence is always tainted.

Even a body wouldn't convince that sort.

Who in this field really is respected?

12 minutes ago, CelticKevin said:

The term "respected researchers" is pretty subjective too. Every big name in the field is open to criticism that disqualifies them in the eyes of  Squatch "fans". I think Todd Standing should be horse whipped for being a hoaxer. Others think he's the greatest thing since Patterson. I think Meldrum is a straight shooter. But I had lunch with a pal who thinks the minute you go on tv and get paid, you've sold out and everything you produce is fake.

criticism that disqualifies them in the eyes of  Squatch "fans". I think Todd Standing should be horse whipped for being a hoaxer. Others think he's the greatest thing since Patterson. I think Meldrum is a straight shooter. But I had lunch with a pal who thinks the minute you go on tv and get paid, you've sold out and everything you produce is fake. So to those like him, the case will never be cracked because the evidence is always tainted.

Even a body wouldn't convince that sort.

Who in this field really is respected?

How do you draw interest to a subject without TV? And sorry but there are not many people that can exist without a paycheck.

Show me the evidence!