Government Coverup?

Wooly Booger

Do you think the U.S. and Canadian governments know about the existence of Sasquatches and are purposefully engaged in a coverup?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After examining the available evidence for well over a decade, I have come to the conclusion that Sasquatch most likely exists and is a species of unclassified bipedal primate (either great ape or hominid). However, although these animals are clearly highly intelligent (perhaps second only to man) and elusive, I find it difficult to believe that they would not have been scientifically documented after more than two centuries of sightings reports without some outside assistance. Although the evidence for this is at the present time admittedly circumstantial, I consider it likely that the U.S. and Canadian governments know that these creatures exist and a purposefully preventing discovery for both financial reasons and perhaps because of the potential dangers surrounding this species (Missing 411?).

The purpose of this thread is to both gauge where the BFF community stands on the possibility of a government coverup preventing the discovery of the Sasquatch, and to discuss the motives and ramifications of such a coverup, particularly as it pertains to documenting the species. I have attached a poll to this thread.

Edited by Wooly Booger
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I would also like to add, that the last clear footage of a probable Sasquatch was the Patterson-Gimlin Film taken in October 1967. Unless Sasquatch has since gone extinct (unlikely considering the unabated volume of sightings reports) I find it equally unlikely that footage of Sasquatches just as clear if not even clearly hasn't been taken with modern camera and video technology. Which leads me to question whether or not such photographs/videos exist, and whether they were potentially confiscated by the American and Canadian governments. 

Edited by Wooly Booger
  • Upvote 1

I think they know about it, but the stigma behind believing in Sasquatch is so intense they don't need to cover it up in a traditional sense.

Edited by Marty
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Marty said:

I think they know about it, but the stigma behind believing in Sasquatch is so intense they don't need to cover it up in a traditional sense.

Perhaps. And that very well may have been their plan all along. To attach a stigma to the subject in order to prevent discovery. I would argue that may have been by design and could be part and parcel of a government coverup.  Good call. 

• Upvote 1

There was a time, during the 19th century century and before, where belief in "wild men" and other hairy bipeds wasn't as stigmatized as it is today. If you read some of the earlier sightings reports, one gets the impression that the existence of such animals was taken for granted in some parts of the continent. Which leads me to believe that a coverup was instituted sometime during the 20th century.

Edited by Wooly Booger

Job one? Prove the creatures exist. If that can be accomplished then one would have to follow discovery with why wasn't the public told? A bit of logic here is in order: If a Sasquatch researcher can get proof with low tech? Then those with super high tech should have no trouble at all. I also need to state that claims of no funding for the search are hogwash. Who in their right mind would ever believe such a thing? Unless the Sasquatch is simply not as necessary to be verified as the Ivory-billed Woodpecker, or not as important? Who could possibly buy that?

Edited by hiflier

Taking a peek at even a flimsy law of averages. None of the Fish and Wildlife agencies, or Fish and Game in ANY of the 50 states has ever run across this creature? None of the thousands of Game Wardens across the US and Canada has ever found any sign of them or seen one? These are all people who have the job of being in the woods checking hunters and traps and investigating dead animal reports and unusual animal predation. Doing bear den surveys in winter to collar and track them. And none have ever publicly reported finding prints or trackways of large bare Human-like feet? EVER? In, say, just the last 30-50years? Although everyday campers and hunters, not even professionals, report seeing such creatures? Because all of those points sure seems to be the reality we are supposed to believe. Well...do you?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Taking a peek at even a flimsy law of averages. None of the Fish and Wildlife agencies, or Fish and Game in ANY of the 50 states has ever run across this creature? None of the thousands of Game Wardens across the US and Canada has ever found any sign of them or seen one? These are all people who have the job of being in the woods checking hunters and traps and investigating dead animal reports and unusual animal predation. Doing bear den surveys in winter to collar and track them. And none have ever publicly reported finding prints or trackways of large bare Human-like feet? EVER? In, say, just the last 30-50years? Although everyday campers and hunters, not even professionals, report seeing such creatures? Because all of those points sure seems to be the reality we are supposed to believe. Well...do you?

And that my friend is precisely the point. If Sasquatch exists, and the evidence for its existence is overwhelming, then the government in some capacity knows it exists. That is inevitable. Particularly, as you have pointed out, Fish and Wildlife Agencies. There is no way, if these animals exist, that the U.S. and Canadian Fish and Wildlife Agencies are blind to their existence. It isn’t possible. 

And I can guarantee, as Norseman’s video alluded to, that there is an official division within the federal, state, and provincial wildlife agencies responsible for tracking Sasquatch and studying its behavior similar to what is done with bears and other large predators. 

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Job one? Prove the creatures exist. If that can be accomplished then one would have to follow discovery with why wasn't the public told? A bit of logic here is in order: If a Sasquatch researcher can get proof with low tech? Then those with super high tech should have no trouble at all. I also need to state that claims of no funding for the search are hogwash. Who in their right mind would ever believe such a thing? Unless the Sasquatch is simply not as necessary to be verified as the Ivory-billed Woodpecker, or not as important? Who could possibly buy that?

Someone should interview Fish and Wildlife Agency workers about Sasquatch sightings. Now that would make for an interesting research project. 

• Downvote 1

Admin

You are really asking two questions:

1) Does the government know.? I say yes.

2) Is the government  tryibg to cover it up?  No.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gigantor said:

You are really asking two questions:

1) Does the government know.? I say yes.

2) Is the government  tryibg to cover it up?  No.

Yes, but if there is no coverup then shouldn’t the species have been scientifically documented by now and the case closed? I think the answer to that question is a resounding yes. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

BFF Patron

There's no govt cover up

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

34 minutes ago, Wooly Booger said:

Yes, but if there is no coverup then shouldn’t the species have been scientifically documented by now and the case closed? I think the answer to that question is a resounding yes. 

A solid and logical conclusion. No cover up should have meant public knowledge of the creature's existence decades ago. Not the current official position of "unrecognized species." Because that would only lead to serious trouble for fed and state, both legally and socially.

Edited by hiflier

• gigantor locked this topic