Government Coverup?

Wooly Booger

Do you think the U.S. and Canadian governments know about the existence of Sasquatches and are purposefully engaged in a coverup?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 hours ago, Wooly Booger said:

There was a time, during the 19th century century and before, where belief in "wild men" and other hairy bipeds wasn't as stigmatized as it is today. If you read some of the earlier sightings reports, one gets the impression that the existence of such animals was taken for granted in some parts of the continent. Which leads me to believe that a coverup was instituted sometime during the 20th century.

Yeah it's like the stigma behind "conspiracy theory" when we all know there are tons of well documented "conspiracies" that are 100% fact, but it's that stigma that allows those in charge that do nefarious things behind closed doors to continue just that, anyone that challenges them is labelled a conspiracy nut. It's easier.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

LOL, I guess you could look at it that way. So, we close down the Forum, see anyone and everyone in over 12,000 reports as liars, or they just cannot for some reason look at a bear and see that it's a bear, and just go our merry way. Patty isn't a bear, making the suit in 1967 was virtually impossible, and the width of her shoulders is 40% of her height. Members here have seen the creature. BobbyO, bipedalist, MIB, Dr. HV Hart, BC Witness, Salubrius, NorthWind and Madison, and quite a few others. What do you say to them? To have non-existence would requires some kind of an excuse to explain what they all say they saw.

But I think this tread will have to eventually come to terms on the lack of proof issue, because even WITH a cover up, one would think that SOMETHING in the way of proof found it way into the public eye. And that is where things could get really interesting.

No forum closing is necessary. The mystery continues. 

I enjoy reading and hearing about the encounters and sightings all of these awesome members you mentioned. 

I certainly don't consider them liars. Just simply seeing what is not there .

In the wonderful world of imagination all seems real. 

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I enjoy reading and hearing about the encounters and sightings all of these awesome members you mentioned. 

Honestly can't believe you said that.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Honestly can't believe you said that.

It shouldn't. In order for me to believe what they think they saw would mean I accept the creature is real. Which as you know I don't. 

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I would counter that statement by calling the PG film conclusive evidence. Compelling evidence. Convincing evidence. Unambiguous evidence. Demonstrative evidence. Irrefutable evidence. Decisive evidence. All the "adjective" evidence that skoftics like to trot out as another word for the "proof" they demand, which is really a carcass, and which us illegal or legally risky to provide. 

Most importantly, the PG film is the precise evidence that should require a documented response from wildlife management agencies. Their universal silence on the film over the past half century is deafening. They should be required to respond, because they are legally responsible for the management of all non-human life on the continent, from insects to bison to polar bears. While numerous private individuals have enhanced and analyzed the PG film, they have remained perfectly silent. If private individuals are to provide proof in the form of a carcass, these agencies need to provide documented permission to do so.

Strong down the lane and taking it all the way to the hoop as usual, Huntster.

38 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

No forum closing is necessary. The mystery continues. 

As more people take a scientific approach: have the education, experience and background to support said approach; AND have the courage to step forward and say something like, "Hey, there is enough evidence to take this seriously." I am thinking along the lines of Jeff Meldrum. You must have to admit that your "blurred line" is getting clearer when it comes to this topic!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

It shouldn't. In order for me to believe what they think they saw would mean I accept the creature is real. Which as you know I don't. 

Ask MIB how tall his imaginary friend was then plug in the possibilities. But this thread isn't about that.

BFF Patron
39 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Completely agree! :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

Regarding government coverups and conspiracies, we also have many self-proclaimed "whistleblowers" popping up frequently on podcasts and other internet media.

Hell, we have even had them here.

Anonymous individuals claiming to be Ex-cops, Ex-Game Wardens, Ex-Military, Ex-Special Forces etc. Who are these guys exactly? Are they to be believed because of their elite credentials?

Are they legit or are they disinformation agents whose intent is to muddy the waters even further?

Your thoughts...

Edited by OldMort
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Out of curiosity, what do you make of thousands of eyewitness reports, hundreds of years of Indian legends, thousands of foot casts, and the Patterson-Gimlin Footage?

I was like you once. A skeptic of all things “out of the ordinary.” But I decided to objectively examine the evidence and came to the unexpected conclusion that these animals most likely exist. 

Good grief, Old Mort, how the heck did you escape from the PGF Forum? ;) Good question. One would think ONE of them would have gotten "out" with some kind of solid verification of the species. Or tell us they are collectively working toward getting the gov to acknowledge the creature's existence. Or even a copy of a memorandum stating an official policy on one of their agency's position with regard to public disclosure. Maybe a handbook on how a nuisance creature should be dealt with.

What I wrestle with is the following question. 

What would the reason or reasons be for a cover up? 

Protection of Sasquatch?

What federal government agency or agencies would be responsible for this cover up?

Defense?

FBI?

CIA?

USDA (Forest Service, APHIS)?

I am trying to grasp why they would need to cover up the existence of an Bipedal Hominid if it truly exists. Is there any former precedent of this type of cover up ever happening before with any another wildlife species?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, OldMort said:

Regarding government coverups and conspiracies, we also have many self-proclaimed "whistleblowers" popping up frequently on podcasts and other internet media.

Hell, we have even had them here.

Anonymous individuals claiming to be Ex-cops, Ex-Game Wardens, Ex-Military, Ex-Special Forces etc. Who are these guys exactly? Are they to be believed because of their elite credentials?

Are they legit or are they disinformation agents whose intent is to muddy the waters even further?

Your thoughts...

I don't believe anybody regarding any topic, and I'm one of those ex-military guys, which is why I don't believe anybody. And I don't want anybody to believe me. In fact, as my posts on this forum over the past 20 years demonstrates, I have come full circle from pro-kill to no-kill, no-prove. 

The reason why I've come to believe that there is a cover up conspiracy among governments is pure logic. As thus thread's opening post mentions, IF these creatures exist or existed in the past century, it's pretty tough to believe that the government has not come to know it. This is especially so since the events of the Six Rivers National Forest timber sales of the 1950's and 1960's. Moreover, as a career soldier and federal employee/official, I know that government keeps secrets because I did it myself repeatedly. Everything was a secret, even if it didn't have to be, not to mention the volumes of garbage that was secret by law. Knowledge is power, and power is to be retained and used. 

Are there agents of disinformation on this forum? Well, it is absolutely proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that ideological foes from skeptic groups have infiltrated this forum to sow mayhem, and the fruits of their effort seems pretty meager to me. I would imagine that it's possible that government might do likewise........but, come to think of it, the government would be more likely to manipulate the foes of sasquatch existence rather than thus forum, wouldn't they? Or actually pose as skeptics while attacking sasquatchery so they have some sort of cover?

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, SasquatchPA said:

....What would the reason or reasons be for a cover up? 

Protection of Sasquatch?........

.......I am trying to grasp why they would need to cover up the existence of an Bipedal Hominid if it truly exists. Is there any former precedent of this type of cover up ever happening before with any another wildlife species?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncontacted_peoples

.......Recognizing the myriad problems with contact, the United Nations Human Rights Council in 2009[8] and the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights in 2013[7] introduced guidelines and recommendations that included a right to choose self-isolation.[19][9]........

The international community has recognized the right of "primitive peoples" to self isolate themselves. This would be especially so for a race of hominins who construct no habitable dwellings beyond nests and are extremely nomadic. Protecting them from the rest of us is easiest when we don't know they exist.

........What federal government agency or agencies would be responsible for this cover up?

Defense?

FBI?

CIA?

USDA (Forest Service, APHIS)?.......

My guess is that the State Department would be responsible to the rest of the world (UN), the Interior Department would be responsible for their habitat, and other major federal land managers (DoD, USFS, etc) would answer to the Interior Dept.

44 minutes ago, SasquatchPA said:

What federal government agency or agencies would be responsible for this cover up?

Defense?

FBI?

CIA?

USDA (Forest Service, APHIS)?

USDA= national forests, national parks, national public lands, national fish and wildlife, and land management. Mirror agencies at the state level. A general Don't Ask Don't Tell policy is all it would take. The active portion of a policy would only come into play in a nuisance creature situation or in a case where a counter measure might be required to address persons possibly getting to close to an activity that risks public discovery. Outside of that, it would probably be a relatively inert, mostly undetectable, hands off posture.

• Upvote 1

• gigantor locked this topic