Government Coverup?

Wooly Booger

Do you think the U.S. and Canadian governments know about the existence of Sasquatches and are purposefully engaged in a coverup?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 hours ago, Huntster said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncontacted_peoples

The international community has recognized the right of "primitive peoples" to self isolate themselves. This would be especially so for a race of hominins who construct no habitable dwellings beyond nests and are extremely nomadic. Protecting them from the rest of us is easiest when we don't know they exist.

My guess is that the State Department would be responsible to the rest of the world (UN), the Interior Department would be responsible for their habitat, and other major federal land managers (DoD, USFS, etc) would answer to the Interior Dept.

"a right to choose self-isolation."

Amazing! Thanks for sharing that!

Would have loved to have been on that round table!  Imagine, once after working out any language barriers with these beings.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Eyewitnesses also claim to see unicorns, fairies and other imaginary creatures. 

I don't believe them either. ........

Got any data on how often that happens? Any videos? Any recent aboriginal traditions? Any trace evidence like footprints?

I believe that the depth and amount of evidence between sasquatchery and unicorns, fairies, dragons, et al, is exponentially different, not to mention plausibility. Indeed, science actually demands that sasquatch type creatures have existed in the past.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Eyewitnesses also claim to see unicorns, fairies and other imaginary creatures. 

I don't believe them either. 

Most if not all footprints could have been faked as many have been. Others misidentified and or changed by the elements. 

Legends generally have some truth but are in the case of Native Americans are bound by religious beliefs. 

The Patterson-Gimlin film is an awesome film. Certainly  not proof of large man apes roaming the dark forests. Believers can't even agree on the height of the film subject 

Alterations by Patterson may not seem likely, but certainly not impossible. 

Native Americans also had legends surrounding bears, ravens, beavers, deer, salmon etc… No one denies those are real animals on that basis. And I have yet to hear of any eyewitness reports of unicorns or fairies for that matter. There is no comparison. 

Regarding the Footprints, they have been examined by physical anthropologists (Grover Krantz and Jeff Meldrum) who were easily able to distinguish between the obvious fakes and those that could not be so easily dismissed. 

Analysis of the PGF is beyond merely the height of the film subject. It doesn’t matter whether the figure was 6ft tall or 7ft tall, the gait and shoulder width clearly mitigate against the film subject being a man in a costume. 

• Downvote 1

15 hours ago, iacozizzle said:

In 1982 there was Paul Freeman.  He claimed he found a sasquatch trackway.

Border Patrol tracker Joel Hardin was flown in to inspect said trackway  and declared it a hoax.

Grover Krantz said it was real.

You make the call! 

My wife and I saw the Freeman Footage on a Bigfoot documentary, and I swear the film subject looks like Homer Simpson in a gorilla suit LOL. 

I want to believe it’s genuine, but I don’t think Sasquatches have big beer guts…

Edited by Wooly Booger
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

This.  For those who don’t think that a coverup would be possible with so many people involved, look at how the DNR in various states has handled official acknowledgment of mountain lions in various areas.  You may occasionally get an individual officer to admit their existence off the record, but otherwise they maintain the official line.  

One of the theories on why they do that is because official acknowledgment will mean they then have to manage the species…adding to their responsibilities and straining their budgets.  

And there is definitely a parallel between the government’s handling of the UAP phenomenon and the Sasquatch phenomenon.  A subject that has been officially denied and publicly mocked for decades, while those who claimed that it was real were derided as being crazy.  Until, the lid came off and it turns out that the phenomenon is very real and that the government was aware of it all along.  

I’m thinking another FOIA request may be in order here….

• Downvote 1

On 3/5/2022 at 3:06 PM, Huntster said:

I would counter that statement by calling the PG film conclusive evidence. Compelling evidence. Convincing evidence. Unambiguous evidence. Demonstrative evidence. Irrefutable evidence. Decisive evidence. All the "adjective" evidence that skoftics like to trot out as another word for the "proof" they demand, which is really a carcass, and which us illegal or legally risky to provide. 

Most importantly, the PG film is the precise evidence that should require a documented response from wildlife management agencies. Their universal silence on the film over the past half century is deafening. They should be required to respond, because they are legally responsible for the management of all non-human life on the continent, from insects to bison to polar bears. While numerous private individuals have enhanced and analyzed the PG film, they have remained perfectly silent. If private individuals are to provide proof in the form of a carcass, these agencies need to provide documented permission to do so.

Very true. By their silence they are deflecting responsibility for managing these animals. Your theory regarding indigenous rights also has some merit to it I think. I also wouldn’t be surprised if our government has some sort of a treaty with these Sasquatch clans which the government’s end of the agreement is to maintain their secrecy in exchange for I don’t know what…. 

If Missing 411 is any indication, then these creatures are potentially dangerous. Which leads me to wonder if the government purposely turns a blind eye to these disappearances as part of an unofficial agreement…

But that might just be the conspiracy nut in me talking….

Edited by Wooly Booger

On the premise that these creature's exist, but have not been verified due to whatever is in place to thwart discovery whatever level and to whatever degree, is the conclusion boiling down to we are stuck in place with no chance of moving forward? The risks involved in securing proof would seemingly contain at least some reports of interference coercion to NOT pursue the existence question, or pressure to keep solid evidence hidden. But, in reality, other than stories about such action coming from an official level, or conjecture that there may already be proof that is being suppressed, there is no verification of such a cover up or suppression of of evidence for the creature's existence.

That said, securing a body, while still very much a serious legal risk at every step in the process one could think along the line of genetics. What is showing tremendous promise is DNA collected from the air. At first it didn't seem like much more than waving one's hands around in a dark gymnasium, but the more I read the better it gets. Two parallel studies, one not knowing about the other, in two different zoos at about the same time, were incredibly impressive. One study, extracting DNA from one of the zoo's atmosphere detected 49 animals. The other study- 70 animals and some of those included common animals OUTSIDE of the zoo like horses, cows, rare hedgehogs, dogs, cows, etc..

This is science. So does anyone think that THIS method, air sampling, would be better and easier to do than, say, water, or soil- or in my case- snow sampling? For myself, I am seriously looking into this new technological method. I mean, an air pump running for 20 minutes with a 22 micron or 45 micron filter on it? Run a set up for under $150  from a campsite! How easy can that be? To repeat the question, does anyone think this is potentially a good way to go?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Wooly Booger said:

.........I don’t think Sasquatches have big beer guts…

Big, mature boar bears do. Mature male homo sapiens do. Why not big, mature sasquatches?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hiflier said:

On the premise that these creature's exist, but have not been verified due to whatever is in place to thwart discovery whatever level and to whatever degree, is the conclusion boiling down to we are stuck in place with no chance of moving forward? The risks involved in securing proof would seemingly contain at least some reports of interference coercion to NOT pursue the existence question, or pressure to keep solid evidence hidden. But, in reality, other than stories about such action coming from an official level, or conjecture that there may already be proof that is being suppressed, there is no verification of such a cover up or suppression of of evidence for the creature's existence.

That said, securing a body, while still very much a serious legal risk at every step in the process one could think along the line of genetics. What is showing tremendous promise is DNA collected from the air. At first it didn't seem like much more than waving one's hands around in a dark gymnasium, but the more I read the better it gets. Two parallel studies, one not knowing about the other, in two different zoos at about the same time, were incredibly impressive. One study, extracting DNA from one of the zoo's atmosphere detected 49 animals. The other study- 70 animals and some of those included common animals OUTSIDE of the zoo like horses, cows, rare hedgehogs, dogs, cows, etc..

This is science. So does anyone think that THIS method, air sampling, would be better and easier to do than, say, water, or soil- or in my case- snow sampling? For myself, I am seriously looking into this new technological method. I mean, an air pump running for 20 minutes with a 22 micron or 45 micron filter on it? Run a set up for under $150  from a campsite! How easy can that be? To repeat the question, does anyone think this is potentially a good way to go?

I think it is a much more promising manner of discovery then what is currently being attempted. Photographic evidence and killing a type specimen both of which if they had any serious potential would likely have proven the species existence by now. IF a specimen has been killed or solid photographic evidence taken, then it is likely that the government agency responsible for any possible coverup confiscated the evidence. 

We need to remain one step ahead of any potential government conspiracy. For whatever reason, I am convinced that the U.S. and Canadian governments do not want the existence of these creatures to be public knowledge. Which means we need to be smarter than the government agencies and out maneuver them. DNA samples collected from air, water, and footprints is the solution with an independent laboratory on hand to analyze any samples taken. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Huntster said:

Big, mature boar bears do. Mature male homo sapiens do. Why not big, mature sasquatches?

Patty had one. I'll bet that little lady could belly up to the bar and suck 'em down as good as any of the regulars, and probably put most to shame ;)

13 minutes ago, hiflier said:

On the premise that these creature's exist, but have not been verified due to whatever is in place to thwart discovery whatever level and to whatever degree, is the conclusion boiling down to we are stuck in place with no chance of moving forward?........

Depends in your definition of "moving forward". If you insist on "discovery" for all of mankind, yeah, you might not get there. But if your goal is a personal experience with these creatures, the government's blind eye might actually be to your benefit........

2 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Patty had one........

She had a rack, too..........

• Haha 1

DANG IT, Huntster! Of all times to run out of "laughy" votes. :D :D :D have a couple of these instead....on me.

Edited by hiflier
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Well, bears store fat reserves for hibernation purposes. Which for Sasquatches is possible but unprecedented for a primate. 

As far as Homo sapiens, many eat a diet consisting of processed junk food and get very little exercise. Which wouldn’t apply to Sasquatches. 

7 minutes ago, Wooly Booger said:

Well, bears store fat reserves for hibernation purposes. Which for Sasquatches is possible but unprecedented for a primate. ........

I agree. I don't believe that they hibernate or brumate, but I do believe that they become less active and tend to reduce their movements in winter.

........As far as Homo sapiens, many eat a diet consisting of processed junk food and get very little exercise. Which wouldn’t apply to Sasquatches. 

True, but even gorillas and orangs have pot bellies, both male and female, and that is a result of large portions of vegetation. I think they pass a lot of gas, too. It actually mirrors the carb rich beer belly effect.

5 hours ago, Huntster said:

Got any data on how often that happens? Any videos? Any recent aboriginal traditions? Any trace evidence like footprints?

I believe that the depth and amount of evidence between sasquatchery and unicorns, fairies, dragons, et al, is exponentially different, not to mention plausibility. Indeed, science actually demands that sasquatch type creatures have existed in the past.

No data. I have seen a famous video of a unicorn in Scotland I believe. 

I agree in the past similar creatures existed. Its the present which I don't believe they are here and now. 

• Upvote 1

• gigantor locked this topic