Government Coverup?

Wooly Booger

Do you think the U.S. and Canadian governments know about the existence of Sasquatches and are purposefully engaged in a coverup?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

It shouldn't. In order for me to believe what they think they saw would mean I accept the creature is real. Which as you know I don't. 

I don't think so. There is a big difference between accusing people of seeing things that are not there and simply asking to see proof.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, OldMort said:

Regarding government coverups and conspiracies, we also have many self-proclaimed "whistleblowers" popping up frequently on podcasts and other internet media.

Hell, we have even had them here.

Anonymous individuals claiming to be Ex-cops, Ex-Game Wardens, Ex-Military, Ex-Special Forces etc. Who are these guys exactly? Are they to be believed because of their elite credentials?

Are they legit or are they disinformation agents whose intent is to muddy the waters even further?

Your thoughts...

As a hunter? I just take everything with a grain of salt. A body is proof. Thats it.

But I will say this. State and Federal Fish and Game officials lie through their teeth all the time to fit their agenda.

We have seen it with the reintroduction of Wolves. Grizzly bears. Bull trout. Spotted Owls. Cougars. So forth and so on.

If there is a unknown species of large possibly dangerous predator lurking on our state and federal lands? There are numerous reasons why they may cover it up. Especially if its smart and they have little or no control.

This obviously has a parallel with UFO’s. They apparently didn't want to say for 70 years….. “Um we have advanced aircraft of a unknown origin flying in our airspace and we can do nothing about. Sorry.”

No. it was swamp gas, over active imaginations, mars refractions, Venus, and anything they could make stick to make the story go away.

Not trying to hijack the thread. Its just a interesting parallel.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

In 1982 there was Paul Freeman.  He claimed he found a sasquatch trackway.

Border Patrol tracker Joel Hardin was flown in to inspect said trackway  and declared it a hoax.

Grover Krantz said it was real.

You make the call! 

13 minutes ago, iacozizzle said:

In 1982 there was Paul Freeman.  He claimed he found a sasquatch trackway.

Border Patrol tracker Joel Hardin was flown in to inspect said trackway  and declared it a hoax.

Grover Krantz said it was real.

You make the call! 

I think Jeff Meldrum did. But I would like to know what Mr. Hardin saw to make him say hoax.

Hardin's reasoning for considering the trackway a hoax is quoted in this interview.   I don't know anything about tracking.  I don't know if Freeman was legit or not.

I DO find it interesting that a federally employed tracker was flown in to declare a discovered trackway a "hoax". 

2 hours ago, iacozizzle said:

........I DO find it interesting that a federally employed tracker was flown in to declare a discovered trackway a "hoax". 

I believe that Paul Freeman was also a government employed tracker. His job was to keep people out of the watershed. 

16 hours ago, Wooly Booger said:

Out of curiosity, what do you make of thousands of eyewitness reports, hundreds of years of Indian legends, thousands of foot casts, and the Patterson-Gimlin Footage?

I was like you once. A skeptic of all things “out of the ordinary.” But I decided to objectively examine the evidence and came to the unexpected conclusion that these animals most likely exist. 

Eyewitnesses also claim to see unicorns, fairies and other imaginary creatures. 

I don't believe them either. 

Most if not all footprints could have been faked as many have been. Others misidentified and or changed by the elements. 

Legends generally have some truth but are in the case of Native Americans are bound by religious beliefs. 

The Patterson-Gimlin film is an awesome film. Certainly  not proof of large man apes roaming the dark forests. Believers can't even agree on the height of the film subject 

Alterations by Patterson may not seem likely, but certainly not impossible. 

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Alterations?

1 hour ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Alterations by Patterson may not seem likely.....

A short list of alterations that may have seemed unlikely for Roger to make (but not impossible??):

1) A fit so well done that the right thigh, which ex-pro linebacker Alex Karras would be jealous of, and calf muscle ripple when the leg is planted (see BFF slider gif)

2) A suit so heavy that the wearer left prints an inch and a half deep in substrate  that Roger and Bob's boots couldn't come close to matching when jumping off a stump- and yet still managed to have a 40 inch spacing between prints.

3) a mask/football helmet combination that did not show a rotation of hair at the nape of the neck. But instead the neck hair on the back of the mask remained in context with the hair at the shoulder line.

Those kinds of alterations? They don't seem reasonable for anyone to do, never mind Roger. And that's only the tip of the alterations iceberg.

But that's all off topic. On topic: we could move into Lyle Laverty and his public ignoring of his own encounter, as well as his photographing of the PGF site footprints, to move up the ladder in his career.

Edited by hiflier
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Eyewitnesses also claim to see unicorns, fairies and other imaginary creatures. 

I don't believe them either. 

Most if not all footprints could have been faked as many have been. Others misidentified and or changed by the elements. 

Legends generally have some truth but are in the case of Native Americans are bound by religious beliefs. 

The Patterson-Gimlin film is an awesome film. Certainly  not proof of large man apes roaming the dark forests. Believers can't even agree on the height of the film subject 

Except for one thing. There is no historical precedent for Unicorns and fairies. We have never dug up bones that fit the description of what people are seeing. That’s not true of all cryptozoology. 

Something like Bigfoot existed in the past. It was REAL. 

So what we are dealing with is something more like a coelacanth. The question isn’t existence. It’s time.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, norseman said:

As a hunter? I just take everything with a grain of salt. A body is proof. Thats it.

But I will say this. State and Federal Fish and Game officials lie through their teeth all the time to fit their agenda.

We have seen it with the reintroduction of Wolves. Grizzly bears. Bull trout. Spotted Owls. Cougars. So forth and so on.

If there is a unknown species of large possibly dangerous predator lurking on our state and federal lands? There are numerous reasons why they may cover it up. Especially if its smart and they have little or no control.

This obviously has a parallel with UFO’s. They apparently didn't want to say for 70 years….. “Um we have advanced aircraft of a unknown origin flying in our airspace and we can do nothing about. Sorry.”

No. it was swamp gas, over active imaginations, mars refractions, Venus, and anything they could make stick to make the story go away.

Not trying to hijack the thread. Its just a interesting parallel.

This.  For those who don’t think that a coverup would be possible with so many people involved, look at how the DNR in various states has handled official acknowledgment of mountain lions in various areas.  You may occasionally get an individual officer to admit their existence off the record, but otherwise they maintain the official line.  

One of the theories on why they do that is because official acknowledgment will mean they then have to manage the species…adding to their responsibilities and straining their budgets.  

And there is definitely a parallel between the government’s handling of the UAP phenomenon and the Sasquatch phenomenon.  A subject that has been officially denied and publicly mocked for decades, while those who claimed that it was real were derided as being crazy.  Until, the lid came off and it turns out that the phenomenon is very real and that the government was aware of it all along.  

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, norseman said:

Except for one thing. There is no historical precedent for Unicorns and fairies. 

There may not have been a precedent set with physical evidence, but the folklore that was passed down from previous generations very closely matches what modern UAP witnesses have been claiming for decades.  

Don’t go near the strange lights, they will cause you harm.  These creatures come into my home at night and take me away.  It only seemed like a few hours, but days passed while I was gone.  Sometimes people are taken and never return.  Mysterious actions being taken that seem to center on the human reproductive system.  

People have known for generations what is going on, without being able to prove it.  Now, there is evidence that what people have been claiming for generations is actually happening and that our government at least has been actively covering it all up.  It’s not too far of a stretch to think that the government might very well be doing the same thing with Sasquatch.  Look at how they have used ridicule and derision to affect the public’s opinion on UAPs.  Look at how they treat the Sasquatch pheromone now. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, iacozizzle said:

Hardin's reasoning for considering the trackway a hoax is quoted in this interview.   I don't know anything about tracking.  I don't know if Freeman was legit or not.

I DO find it interesting that a federally employed tracker was flown in to declare a discovered trackway a "hoax". 

Yes. Freeman was “legit” at least in the tracks he showed Meldrum. Who is a leading scientist in archaic human trackways.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, SasquatchPA said:

What I wrestle with is the following question. 

What would the reason or reasons be for a cover up? 

Protection of Sasquatch?

What federal government agency or agencies would be responsible for this cover up?

Defense?

FBI?

CIA?

USDA (Forest Service, APHIS)?

I am trying to grasp why they would need to cover up the existence of an Bipedal Hominid if it truly exists. Is there any former precedent of this type of cover up ever happening before with any another wildlife species?

Perhaps no other species warranted the attention a possible human-related species would entail along with all the complications that would arise with such a discovery. 

Perhaps these agencies have been too busy passing the buck to other agencies and they haven't worked that out until more recently.

Perhaps these agencies cannot agree on a definite line that determines human or animal.

...so the shell game, hide and seek, whatever game playing continues. 

On 3/4/2022 at 5:56 PM, Wooly Booger said:

I would also like to add, that the last clear footage of a probable Sasquatch was the Patterson-Gimlin Film taken in October 1967. Unless Sasquatch has since gone extinct (unlikely considering the unabated volume of sightings reports) I find it equally unlikely that footage of Sasquatches just as clear if not even clearly hasn't been taken with modern camera and video technology. Which leads me to question whether or not such photographs/videos exist, and whether they were potentially confiscated by the American and Canadian governments. 

I would guess it is very likely that there are clear photos and video footage out there showing these creatures that have been captured since the PGF.

This evidence likely resides in private collections and haven't been released publicly for a variety of reasons. Those reasons could be anything from fear of ridicule, to an attempt to protect the species from being hunted or caught. It is certainly possible some footage has been confiscated, but it is just as likely the evidence is being suppressed by individual parties rather than one large conspiracy. ...just my opinion.

• gigantor locked this topic