Can somebody please corroborate or disprove the Bigfoot Nests that I found.

FelixTheCat

This is like the 3rd year in a row, that I have found these nests.  The original nesting site had been

contaminated by frequent dirt bike traffic.  But now, I have found a group of nests about 1/2 mile

southwest of the original nests.  These nests are around the same hill.  These nests show up when 

the snow has finally melted.  The snow melted early this year, usually we have to wait until April,

but this year, March 20th and the snow was all gone.

Also please check out my previous idea of why these nests exist.

What else could they be?  What forest animal would create such a nest?  

What downfall do you see?  Are you willing to search the forest for such nests?

With all due respect for a fellow searcher, it's really, really hard to tell anything. I only watched half of the first video because I was getting vertigo from the camera moving around so much. I'm sorry. What I saw was some branches down, and some limbs that could have naturally fallen. If I may, I suggest that you slow down and clearly show what you think is a nest, and why. Perhaps lay a measuring tape next to it so your viewers have an idea of scale. Also, look for hairs. I did see some evidence of chainsaw meaning you are not the only human to have been there. That's my $.02, and I know it's not what you wanted to hear, but you did ask. Good luck with your search.

• Upvote 4

I too, had a hard time seeing anything because of the erratic camera movements. I would like to see a still photo, because I couldn't see anything that looked like a nest.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, FelixTheCat said:

What else could they be?  What forest animal would create such a nest?  

What downfall do you see?  Are you willing to search the forest for such nests?

For what its worth? Here is a recreation of the Olympic project nest. To me it looks like a giant birds nest.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, NorthWind said:

With all due respect for a fellow searcher, it's really, really hard to tell anything. I only watched half of the first video because I was getting vertigo from the camera moving around so much. I'm sorry. What I saw was some branches down, and some limbs that could have naturally fallen. If I may, I suggest that you slow down and clearly show what you think is a nest, and why. Perhaps lay a measuring tape next to it so your viewers have an idea of scale. Also, look for hairs. I did see some evidence of chainsaw meaning you are not the only human to have been there. That's my $.02, and I know it's not what you wanted to hear, but you did ask. Good luck with your search.

Thanks for your reply, I'll be going back for sure, these are definitely nests in my opinion.  I'll do better camera work to show you all.

If you are a fellow searcher in areas that have eastern hemlock trees, get out between now and the end of April, its the only time

of year that I find the nests.  I have to believe that others can find them as well. 

14 minutes ago, norseman said:

For what its worth? Here is a recreation of the Olympic project nest. To me it looks like a giant birds nest.

Very interesting.  Perhaps they don't have eastern hemlock trees in the Pacific Northwest?  They use what's at hand for their nests.

I'll get better video, and leave some audio / video recorders out, and maybe do a drone overflight as well.  But thanks for the comment.

45 minutes ago, Doug said:

I too, had a hard time seeing anything because of the erratic camera movements. I would like to see a still photo, because I couldn't see anything that looked like a nest.

My apologies, I'll be going back soon to do a proper job.  And if your a researcher look underneath eastern hemlock trees for lots of little branches broke off to make a bed.  That green forest floor in the video didn't grow there, it was laid there.

31 minutes ago, FelixTheCat said:

Very interesting.  Perhaps they don't have eastern hemlock trees in the Pacific Northwest?  They use what's at hand for their nests.

I'll get better video, and leave some audio / video recorders out, and maybe do a drone overflight as well.  But thanks for the comment.

My apologies, I'll be going back soon to do a proper job.  And if your a researcher look underneath eastern hemlock trees for lots of little branches broke off to make a bed.  That green forest floor in the video didn't grow there, it was laid there.

Forgive me if you have mentioned this before, but what part of the country are you in?

43 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Forgive me if you have mentioned this before, but what part of the country are you in?

Quite specifically, I like in northern Worcester county, in Massachusetts, that should narrow it down to about 6 or 8 communities for you.

Listen to me very closely, whatever they are, they are literally everywhere.  I know about 4 locations, each not 15 miles from my home, in which

they have thrown rocks, sticks, or pine cones at me, never to hit me, but just to let me know they are there.  If you are close, I could show you or anyone,

who doesn't wish them harm.

2 hours ago, Doug said:

My apologies for the horrible camera work.  I'll be going back to do a much better job.

1 hour ago, FelixTheCat said:

We have western Hemlock on the coast. And abit here. NE Wa

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsuga_heterophylla

Admin

The SSR has 12 Class A sightings in Massachusetts.

ma.thumb.png.7b8a7682e5238b516e6c00e92fdf6142.png

13 minutes ago, norseman said:

We have western Hemlock on the coast. And abit here. NE Wa

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsuga_heterophylla

Interesting.  Maybe they use eastern hemlock, because it is the next best thing to what Randles found in the Olympic Northwest?

I'm only looking for confirmation from East Coast Researchers, or maybe a video of a known animal creating nests such as these.

I can see a few twigs laying down but no where near enough and thick enough to be called a nest.

You asked and that's what I see.