Can somebody please corroborate or disprove the Bigfoot Nests that I found.

FelixTheCat

On 3/22/2022 at 3:34 AM, FelixTheCat said:

What else could they be?  What forest animal would create such a nest?  

What downfall do you see?  Are you willing to search the forest for such nests?

Thank you for your two videos. It's great you're out early in the season investigation your area. The area looks promising and hopefully you can be out there as much as possible.

Years ago, when I was taking wilderness-survival training, I would deliberately go into the woods and make various types of shelters. A very primitive debris shelter, lean-to style stick structure or even a simple bedding of branches and needles layered underneath a fir tree. I'm wondering if it could be someone out there, like you or me, possibly practicing.

You could have come across the real McCoy but it's tough to know unless you can find indications a human couldn't or wouldn't make them. Obviously, the time of year and weather in your area (saw snow) would keep most people from being out there making shelters but maybe someone determined to see if they could survive overnight in cold-weather conditions might give it a go.

Keep up the great work and I look forward to more of your videos!

Edited by wiiawiwb

3 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Thank you for your two videos. It's great you're out early in the season investigation your area. The area looks promising and hopefully you can be out there as much as possible.

Years ago, when I was taking wilderness-survival training, I would deliberately go into the woods and make various types of shelters. A very primitive debris shelter, lean-to style stick structure or even a simple bedding of branches and needles layered underneath a fir tree. I'm wondering if it could be someone out there, like you or me, possibly practicing.

You could have come across the real McCoy but it's tough to know unless you can find indications a human couldn't or wouldn't make them. Obviously, the time of year and weather in your area (saw snow) would keep most people from being out there making shelters but maybe someone determined to see if they could survive overnight in cold-weather conditions might give it a go.

Keep up the great work and I look forward to more of your videos!

Thank you for your reply.

I guess what makes me think that these are real nests, is that they do not look like what a human would make.

They do have eastern hemlock twigs on the ground, making the area look green, but they are really not enough

twigs to make the ground softer or warmer in my opinion.  I think a human would make a much thicker bed.

Also, there is absolutely no sign of human in the nests, like trash for example, none at all.

If you also realize that I walked right be the nests on the other side of the hill for seven years, before I spotted

them Spring of 2019,  And every time I walked by the areas that had the nests, I got thuds, wood knocks,

rock clacking and strange vocals.  Its just been my experience. The land owner blocked access a year of two ago

because of excessive dirt bike / 4-wheeler activity.  So I could still get there, but its like a 3 mile hike now,  but

I'm glad I found these new nests, on a very old logging road, that the remaining dirt bikes don't use.  The only

dirt bikes now are 4 teenagers who enter from the southwest entrance.  I suspect their use of the land is limited,

and they have not road past these new nests.

I'll do a better job documenting and researching for the next video.

Thanks.

On 3/24/2022 at 9:22 AM, 7.62 said:
  On 3/23/2022 at 11:41 AM, NCBFr said

PS - Not sure if @Wolfjewel is still active but I think you to are neighbors.

I believe you're right she resides  in MA or did .

Yes, I’m “active” and live in eastern MA. To @FelixTheCat I suggest joining the Facebook group Squatchachusetts. They are open so just go to Facebook and search for them. Some members may be up for searching for nests.

1 hour ago, Wolfjewel said:

Yes, I’m “active” and live in eastern MA. To @FelixTheCat I suggest joining the Facebook group Squatchachusetts. They are open so just go to Facebook and search for them. Some members may be up for searching for nests.

Thanks, I appreciate the infomation.  I'll check them out.

Thanks for sharing. I am no expert but, I certainly don't believe that these are made by man apes. 

In fact I don't think that they are of any significance. 

• Upvote 3

On 3/27/2022 at 3:31 PM, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Thanks for sharing. I am no expert but, I certainly don't believe that these are made by man apes. 

In fact I don't think that they are of any significance. 

Ok, another one for the nay column.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

18 hours ago, FelixTheCat said:

Ok, another one for the nay column.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

PG has his own opinion. He is our lovable skeptic. Unlike a few of us, he's never seen one, so he is doubtful of their existence entirely. I can respect that position. I was in a similar place before I became a knower.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, NorthWind said:

PG has his own opinion. He is our lovable skeptic. Unlike a few of us, he's never seen one, so he is doubtful of their existence entirely. I can respect that position. I was in a similar place before I became a knower.

Thanks for the reply.  PG is not harming, only expressing his opinion.  I wish he knew what I know, but it takes time and experience in the forest in my opinion.

Its like in the 1960's, modern medicine ridiculed, the medicine men of the indigenous people's, but by the 1980's, 1990's, pharmaceutical companies were finally acknowledging the the medicine men were correct and they wanted to know everything the medicine men knew about the plants used to cure and treat various diseases.

And likewise, "modern man", rejected the spiritual beliefs of the indigenous peoples, but now enlightened men are realizing, that the ancient spiritual beliefs were correct all along.

The wisdom of the ages, takes time to sink into modern human heads.

Rich.

On 3/22/2022 at 3:34 AM, FelixTheCat said:

What else could they be?  What forest animal would create such a nest?  

What downfall do you see?  Are you willing to search the forest for such nests?

These are the nests discovered in April 2019

SSR Team

I don't mean to be rude here but to save me this time of watching the YT vids, do you have any pictures at all of what you're talking about nest wise please Felix ?

On 4/4/2022 at 4:18 PM, BobbyO said:

I don't mean to be rude here but to save me this time of watching the YT vids, do you have any pictures at all of what you're talking about nest wise please Felix ?

Ok, well, I posted 3 or 4 videos, which I believe clearly shows what I'm talking about.  And you don't have to watch very long, before you see exactly what I'm talking about.

So I could get some screen captures and very gently bring them up to your eyes, but I don't think that even that would help.  You either want to know or you don't.  Going out alone into the forest, unarmed is hard enough, but you want me to wave a magic wand, so you don't have to take the time to watch the evidence?  At a loss.

• Downvote 1

On 3/29/2022 at 4:31 PM, FelixTheCat said:

but it takes time and experience in the forest in my opinion.

As someone who has a ton of time and experience in the woods, your videos do not look like anything other than windfall/stormfall. 

We were out in the woods this past Saturday and could've video'd what you've shown for 8 hours solid. 

Nests look like they are made, woven, piled and shaped into nests.

Here is a nest from Canada:
Canada-BF-nest.thumb.jpg.c617d96c3c5a70d2fa5b6600b3d873eb.jpg

Another view:

iu-9.jpeg.06c38698dbb141f89501242cd5c61e65.jpeg

Different Nest:

iu-10.jpeg.11929f61f0c1f1b093759d3ac6ff0e50.jpeg

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, McGlencoe said:

As someone who has a ton of time and experience in the woods, your videos do not look like anything other than windfall/stormfall. 

We were out in the woods this past Saturday and could've video'd what you've shown for 8 hours solid. 

Nests look like they are made, woven, piled and shaped into nests.

Here is a nest from Canada:
Canada-BF-nest.thumb.jpg.c617d96c3c5a70d2fa5b6600b3d873eb.jpg

Another view:

iu-9.jpeg.06c38698dbb141f89501242cd5c61e65.jpeg

Different Nest:

iu-10.jpeg.11929f61f0c1f1b093759d3ac6ff0e50.jpeg

This is where I call the line.  Humans think that they know what a nest should look like.  Nothing could be farther from the truth. 

Do you tell a bee that he made the hive wrong?  Do you tell an ant that he didn't do it right? Do you tell a beaver that he constructed

his lodge incorrectly?  Or do you observe, and witness what the fauna does? 

Do you compare West Coast Nests against East Coast Nests and arbitrarily decide that west coast nests are the only ones that are real?

Or, do you observer what is in nature, and without preconditions, try to understand what is occurring?

These nests were created by an hitherto unknown species, and they are not imperfect, but they are exactly what the unknown species

wants them to be.

My challenge still exists.

Show me what other creatures could make these nests.

Please search the northeast and corroborate this information!

I briefly looked through this thread. I may have missed some details of nest investigations. You did not post about checking for hair / fur. Animals leave hair / fur and skin cells behind. Years ago I tried 2 inch wide hook and loop tape wrapped around my hand  in an attempt to check a stump that I was using. No luck.  Pet hair removal gloves come in 'knubby stroke the animal' type and a sticky glove type.  Perhaps a 'hair raising' event will occur in the future.  There is a sticky glove type that may have potential and it is cheap:

SwiPets Pet Hair Cleaning Glove   is about $4 on Amazon.  Washable and reusuable and cheap  are good selling points because they will pick up a lot of debris.

Determining hair or fur may help you.