Minnesota Update Of Sorts(Shrug)

Guest Maggie

I didn't SAY it WAS now did I? (rolls eyes) It is ONE possibility. I started this thread and I put POSSIBILITIES on here. I know what I know but I won't tell anyone else what to believe. Everyone has a different take on it.

Yes, salubrious, it was a very loud slap on the metal garage.

A friend of mine had something like that happen at her house near Stillwater. It was at about 2:AM on a summer night. Not only did something hit the house really hard (waking her and her mother up) without leaving damage,  she heard three very powerful wood knocks, one on the tree right outsider her window. She said it was so powerful it shook the whole tree, which was considerably taller than her house. The other wood knocks were just up the gully from her house and seemed to be answering in very short succession from the first.

Prior to that she had no particular opinion about BF. After that she began investigating, and due to an additional experience camping out on the St. Croix, has come to the conclusion they really are around.

There was a video that was shot on a cell phone only a few miles from her location. The only source of it I have found is from the old FB/FB site, which is kind of frustrating to watch, but the scrubs of the video do show a compliant gait.

http://www.citypages.com/news/bigfoot-sighting-in-minnesota-woods-video-6534859

• Upvote 1

Here is a stabilized animation from that video. Not very good in GIF format...

(Click to Animate)

MN Auburn.gif

Same animation - scaled to double size of original...

(Click to Animate)

MN Auburn 2x.gif

post-21915-0-49194600-1450931467_thumb.g

post-21915-0-54251600-1450931687_thumb.g

Edited by Redbone

Redbone, thank you for posting that. Very cool! salubrious, I appreciate you sharing that account. The garage at the family place is on the same side of the property as a previous incident I have posted before took place. That time it was the side of the house. My son and I were sitting in the living room and my daughter was upstairs. The side was smacked so hard it felt like the whole house shook.

^^ It probably did!

The river bottoms along the St. Croix and south along the Mississippi sure seem to have a bunch of 'encounter' history.

Thanks, Redbone, for that stabilization!

I've had two hits to my house, too. The first one happened at 5:00 in the morning one morning and woke me up. The second one happened in the middle of the evening. I thought at first a picture had fallen off the wall.

Subsequent "hellos" have been much more gentle. Now they're into quiet tapping, which is much easier on the nerves (for me, anyway).  

Very cool Leaftalker! :) Here I have had what I thought could be smacks on the side of the house though not as loud as the ones I experienced at my parents place so it's more of an unknown I suppose. One interesting thing is that it was always on the same side between the houses where something disturbed the grass earlier this year.

Nothing at the family place really over Christmas though I did hear coyotes for the first time in a long time. I don't know if it's related as I have read about Sasquatch and coyotes existing in the same place, but around the family house it seems when there have been experiences, there is also a sudden lack of coyotes or at least hearing them at night. So to ME, hearing them as come to mean there isn't at least a large predator around.

salubrious, it doesn't surprise me that there are sightings in the MIssissippi River bottoms. Many areas are really inaccessible. Perfect for an animal/being like this.

Leaftalker, do they tap on the windows or on the walls of the house? When the holidays come around it always makes me think of when we saw footprints on the lower roof, just outside the hall window. I hadn't believed my daughter (age five or six at the time and we had just moved here the previous September.) when she said she believed in Santa Claus cause she saw where he had been walking on the roof,lol. It was only a while later I got curious and there was indeed prints but of what I couldn't say. Still interesting even if I have mentioned it before,lol. That was the lone occurrence of that though.

Interesting, Maggie. Yeah, the sounds at your own house that have seemed quieter to you than the sounds at your parent's place could, in my opinion, and based on my own experiences, have been the same type of thing: a greeting. I think they have a lot of control over their musculature. :) If they want to smack loudly, they haul off and smack loudly. If they want to be softer, they can be! And some of that might depend on the age of the individuals doing the smacking. If they're adolescents, with a lot of bravado and hormones racing about in them, they might make a noise that's a little more emphatic than it strictly needs to be. If they're more mature individuals, they might have less of an interest in shocking you out of your shorts as part of their "hello", and more interest just in letting you know they're there, which might result in a gentler smack.   :)

And I agree, it's interesting that the smack always appears to be on the same side of the house! At my house, too, there is a favored place to stand and observe (and therefore, presumably, initiate action from). I think they're very careful to choose a spot that allows them to see what they want to see, but makes it harder for others (meaning, hairless humans) to see them. 

Really interesting, about the coyotes. Yeah, apparently it can go either way with coyotes and BF. Some BF don't like coyotes, and drive them off from wherever the BF are. So if your BF don't like coyotes, the presence of coyotes could certainly indicate the BF aren't there. Other BF seem to like coyotes just fine and can control them, the way we do our own dogs (or better than we do). In that case, the silence of the coyotes could just mean that a BF has "instructed" them to be quiet, but when the BF leave the area, the coyotes can do whatever they want. So maybe your BF DO like coyotes, but this year, just haven't been around, and the coyotes are enjoying their freedom to make a racket.   :)

So yeah, what you're noticing certainly seems, to me, anyway, to be consistent with what is known about BF and coyote relations. Good (and interesting) observations!

Edited by LeafTalker

My big male Cane Corso has really been on edge tonight but I hadn't heard anything until I came back upstairs and have heard some type of scratching on and off outside. a couple of times it seemed to be right outside the window which is odd but there IS a porch roof there. I wonder if something, even a smaller predator has been hearing the squeaking of newborn pups as my chihuahua just had them in my room yesterday. Just a thought. The big dog was really ticked off over something anyway and I am still hearing that scratching around the house/yard. Dog is quiet now. I couldn't bring myself to look out the window when the sound was right by it lol. And when I looked other times I could hear it but not see anything.

Hmm. The scratching went around to the other side of the house and the big guy started again. Maybe a raccoon?

Oh, man. You're in the thick of it. :)

Looking and not seeing anything seems to be a pretty common experience.... And it was brave of you to look.

Sorry your dog is so unsettled. :( And congratulations on the new pups!!!!

Keep us posted!!!!

Nothing happened after the last time of the dog going crazy. It was just a weird incident.

I do have to say that the big dog doesn't act that way for nothing. He doesn't bark unless there is a good reason.

I DIDN'T look when it was right outside the window, so not TOO brave,lol.

Ha! Looking at ALL, ever, is pretty brave.  :)

And your dog sounds like a good guy to have around. Behavior like that does help to confirm that something is 'afoot' (so to speak).  

Leaftalker, do they tap on the windows or on the walls of the house? When the holidays come around it always makes me think of when we saw footprints on the lower roof, just outside the hall window. I hadn't believed my daughter (age five or six at the time and we had just moved here the previous September.) when she said she believed in Santa Claus cause she saw where he had been walking on the roof,lol. It was only a while later I got curious and there was indeed prints but of what I couldn't say. Still interesting even if I have mentioned it before,lol. That was the lone occurrence of that though.

And so sorry! I didn't notice this part of your earlier post. 

I'm not sure what the BF are tapping on at my house. I think it's the walls, because the sound is a little muted; it's not as clear and crisp as it would be if they were tapping on the glass in a window. 

That's WILD, about the footprints on your roof and your daughter's response to them!!!! That's an amazing story!!!!!

I sometimes wonder why the roof-walkers don't come crashing through ceilings more often. They have to weigh a fair amount! Your lower roof must be really well built.  :)

I would say the lower roof IS pretty sturdy lol. But maybe whatever was up there didn't have the full weight of an adult or was some other species entirely? I can't claim to know but it was interesting! Yeah this dog is one of the best I have ever had. He won't let anyone outside of myself and a couple of. my kids inside unless one if us is with them. It makes sense to me when you say the tapping was more likely on the side of the house instead of windows. As you said, different sounds with each.

Yeah, the one on the roof could've been a little guy, fer shur, or 'something else' altogether. 

And everyone should have a dog like yours! How awesome, to be able to feel that safe at all times. 

The only thing that makes me feel safe is knowing that one or more big, strong, friendly BFs like to hang out with me. I think they could kick some serious you-know-what. 

Actually, that's already happened, now that I think of it. Some dogs ran up on me in the woods once (or tried to). I saw them crest a rise some distance away from me. At that same moment, I heard a big whacking sound from my right. The dogs stopped in their tracks and then disappeared.

Guest Maggie

Leaftalker, that is an awesome experience. :)

Yeah, I have my male Cane Corso and just put a deposit down on a female pup. I am super impressed with the breed at not frightening easily. He is probably the most loyal, steadfast dog I have ever owned.

Of course my little dogs don't  frighten easily either but they wouldn't even be a snack for something,lol. At least they make noise and it's hard to get them to be quiet when something is around.

• salubrious unlocked this topic