Minnesota Update Of Sorts(Shrug)

Guest Maggie

A couple of interesting incidents over the last week or so. One morning I was feeding the cats on the porch after letting a couple of the dogs out into the back. It was still dark out, 6 am ish. I heard something BIG shake itself  from off to the left of the house, we are the only two houses on this end of the street and this was between the houses. The yard/street lamps don't penetrate back there much. I went back into the house, finished taking care of dogs and heard nothing more. I thought maybe it was a bear?

The second incident happened in the same area of the property on Sunday night. It wasn't yet 9 pm but dark out. I was sitting there waiting for my daughters to arrive when I heard something slowly, stealthily walking in that area between the houses. I got up and stood by the door, not certain if I WANTED to see what came around the corner!! Even though I was curious I was also scared. Just as I thought that seeing SOMETHING, be it human or animal was a surety, my daughters drove up and I heard it leave, though faster than it had arrived. It was only then I had the courage to go out and look but saw nothing in the almost pitch blackness of that area nor did I see anything under the yard light in the back.

In the morning I looked again to see if there was any evidence that something had been there and sure enough, the taller grass (I quit mowing a couple or three weeks ago now) showed where there HAD been something. A friend of mine said, "it looks like a whole herd came through here".lol. I also want to be specific that to me it didn't sound four footed. Still, being in town I cannot discount the possibility of it being a human being, though it's generally dead zone on this end of town Sunday nights. I didn't smell anything either.

In the morning I looked again to see if there was any evidence that something had been there and sure enough, the taller grass (I quit mowing a couple or three weeks ago now) showed where there HAD been something. A friend of mine said, "it looks like a whole herd came through here".lol. I also want to be specific that to me it didn't sound four footed. Still, being in town I cannot discount the possibility of it being a human being, though it's generally dead zone on this end of town Sunday nights. I didn't smell anything either.

Hey Maggie, if something like that happens again, when you go outside during the light, could you take a picture of the area? Grass does not transmit as much information as mud, but you can still tell a lot about what was there.

Hey, Maggie. That is a COOL little encounter you had. 

The absence of a smell doesn't mean much, I don't think. It's been said that they're more likely to give off an odor when they're a little freaked out, and I don't think you freak them out.   :)

If your curiosity gets the better of you and you decide you want to be more overt in your own attempts to connect, you can try talking to them when you hear them. They understand you, and you'll get to see that, which I think sometimes helps everybody's comfort level. If you know they understand you, you'll also know you have more control in the situation than you realize. You'll know that you can ask for some modification in their behavior, if you would like to see one. If there is no overtly hostile stuff going on -- which there clearly isn't, in your case -- they will more than likely be happy to accommodate you. So like, if someone is making noise and you're feeling scared, and you say, "That noise is scaring me; please don't scare me", it's likely the noise will stop. 

I don't know if this would work with the canine-like being who was there last November, but it might. Your spidey sense seems well developed, and it doesn't seem to have gone off on Sunday night, so I'm guessing you were getting a visit from one of the good guys.   :)

Edited by LeafTalker

salubrious, actually my friend saw it this morning so it is still quite apparent. I will take a pic tomorrow, kind of difficult to get anything more today though I might try and see. Leaftalker, thanks for the advice. :) There have been some encounters here but more at the family place. The canine incident happened at the family place.

Try not to take the photo at noon. A little shadow helps but not a lot. Its helpful to have a measure in the photo, also don't step on it (you'd be amazed at how common that problem is!).

Maggie, sorry about the advice. I get excited when people have open hearts and minds about the BF, and when they have good experiences, and I'm always hoping they'll have more of them -- because there's so much misinformation floating around, and it causes so much unnecessary fear and pain. 

Keep on keepin' on. 

Leaftalker, nothing to be sorry about!! If my answers seem sometimes short its cause i am trying to get everything in during a small amount of time lol. I dont get offended easily, no worries. :) I did take four pictures of the area it came through, just havent had a chance to get them up yet. Dont know what can be told about them but maybe someone better at it than me can say! :)

I am assuming this was a critter of the human variety, but my son and his wife were up from NC staying at the family place and in the middle of the night I heard the sound of someone (?) trying the door handles of their car, it woke me up and took me a bit to figure out what I was hearing. I got up but didn't see anything. I told my son about it, but as far as I know, he didn't find anything either.

Wow! Cool info, Maggie. Wonder what kind of critter that was?

Chris Noel had a little one in his car a few nights in a row. He (or she) turned on a flashlight in the back seat and moved some dials on the dashboard. He (or she) had been reprimanded for pushing buttons in a car once, so he apparently confined himself to pushing things that were types of slider mechanisms, and didn't actually press any buttons in Chris' car.

Chris reported all this (among many other interesting things) in "Sasquatch Rising 2013". 

I've seen a handprint on a truck door right near the handle. It was pretty clear to me that some hairy guy had attempted access. 

Wonder if there are prints on your son's car?

Hey Maggie, PM the photos to me if you like. If they are in grass you really have to know what you are looking for to get information out of them so don't be discouraged.

Hi, I might just pm what I have to you so you can take a look. It was frustrating trying to get anything on the phone camera. :(

Leaftalker, I guess I was just assuming that it was a human being trying the car doors, though I could be wrong? I say that because

my dad used to have things stolen from the garage before he started locking it up and we are pretty certain we know who was doing it.

That is really cool about seeing a print on the truck handle and about Chris Noels experience!! :)

So I guess you never know. I didn't see anything on the car the following morning though.

Your recent experiences sound very interesting, Maggie.

Grass does not transmit as much information as mud, but you can still tell a lot about what was there.

I'd like to know more about this, as well, but don't want to hijack the thread. A friend found anomalous tracks in grass last year, and took some photos. I figured they'd only be indications of size, which would be human-range in that case, but always appreciate learning something new, thanks!

• salubrious unlocked this topic