Minnesota Update Of Sorts(Shrug)

Guest Maggie

Guest Maggie

Thanks for the tips mesabe! I am actually talking about my place in Kellogg which has also had some weird things happen though nowhere near what goes on at the family place. However, since we will also be over at the family place,I am sure that could be included too. I remember when there were more of us living here for a couple months,myself and daughters and best friend and her girls, the incidents really ramped up. I have often wondered if it was also because of only females in the house. Anyway, I anticipate some interesting months...

Wow! it sounds like you could be in for a very interesting summer Maggie. I'm somewhat jealous, and nothings even happened yet. lol

Guest Maggie

LOL, that's true and maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up!! I am just comparing it to other times but we will see. :)

Guest Maggie

And score another point for the female team,lol, just found out my daughter is carrying a girl. :)  For some reason I get the idea that Sas isn't as intimidated by women and children. My son is living here for now too but he is so low key, I am sure they would pick up on this too.

Congrats on the new baby girl on the way. Probly right about the women/children vibe, careful not to let your guard down too low/long. Not sure what they will make of your son's low key profile. Keep us informed. sigh

Guest Maggie

I will keep you informed IF anything happens and no, I don't plan on leaving my guard down, in fact with a baby in the house I can see all of us being more hyper-vigilant!! It will be interesting to see if what I THINK might happen, WILL....

Guest Maggie

She is due in October. If nothing happens this summer this will probably incite activity lol. Another thing I was thinking that the end of this month through the beginning of July there is going to be tons of activity out at the family place because of visiting family at the same time from several different states. (NM, IL and NC).with people of all ages. From prior experience, either lots of activity or a deviation from regular activity is what seems to start things. I believe they are very curious.

Man, you could have a plethora of incidents in the next few weeks. Do either you or your son and daughter have cell phones that are worth a darn when it comes to recording audio or video? Also work up your courage so this yr. may be the one you look out the window. LOL

Guest Maggie

I know my middle daughter is VERY into trying to get evidence and her phone is decent. I might even be talked into sitting outside with a few others,lol.

I believe most of my kids have great cell phones, I am the only one who has one that ISN'T worth much!!

But I bet it works better than all the rest, at what nature intended it to be right? a phone. I have one of the old Fred Flintstone models myself, and out of just about everyone I know, it's the only one without cameras, and internet ect. but still makes and takes calls reliably. lol My service plan is forcing me to upgrade this fall tho. so I guess I'll have to join the sheep herd, kicking and screaming.

Guest Maggie

LOL, that sounds like me last year, switching from my flip phone to a smart phone, albeit a very small smart phone. I hated it but not I am used to it. My kids laugh and say it is the smallest smart phone they have ever seen!!

It does have a camera but it isn't a very good camera under most circumstances so I am sure we will be using one of theirs for pics, sounds etc.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Maggie

I KNEW it!!!!! Yesterday we had an open house at my parents for my sister, her husband and kids that were up from New Mexico. There was more family there than I have seen together in a very long time!! More food too,lol. Then last night after the majority of the family/friends left (there are still quite a few people), we roasted hot dogs, made smores and root beer floats.

Then last night, a little before midnight, my middle daughter came into my room frantically whispering "Mom!! It's here, it's out there RIGHT NOW!!!" I had discussed this with her previously and since she and I were the ones who had windows open upstairs, we were both going to keep eyes and ears open.

She proceeded to tell me she had been laying there when she heard something moving and then saw shadows moving by the banked fire. All she could tell is that it was BIG and was checking out the area of the campfire and where the food had been. It then moved to check out my aunt and uncles RV (unbeknownst to them of course), which was then she came to tell me. 

I didn't see anything but smelled something kind of rancid and then had my own "sort of" encounter later. I lay awake, on alert because of what had happened earlier. I heard something crawling and kind of rooting in the lilies by the front door, digging at them and kind of quietly snuffling. I tried to see what it was an all activity stopped. Whatever it was it wasn't small. My daughter had said what was moving around earlier was large too. As much noise as it was making, I don't see how it could have got out of there without me seeing something unless it went around the other corner of the house.

To kind of preface this, the lilies were where several of the little kids had been playing during the day. I was a bit creeped out that it was interested in where the children had been. (including my almost three year old grandson)

I told my middle daughter (up from Illinois and who is still staying there along with her fiance and the New Mexico contingent) to see if anything further happened tonight. I had to go home today. So we will see if something further occurs...

Guest Maggie

Oh, my "encounter" was around 2 am in the morning. And,lol, I WAS brave enough to look out the window!!!

Edited by Maggie

You go, Maggie! Good for you, for looking out the window!

I think, on rare occasions, a BF might get tempted by a little kid. But your BF buddies have known you and your family for a long time. My guess is they have affection for you guys as a unit and would never intentionally inflict suffering on any of you. 

Not that it hurts to be watchful. I would be watchful, too; but I would try not to worry. I don't think there's any reason to worry, with the long history y'all have together. 

• salubrious unlocked this topic