Minnesota Update Of Sorts(Shrug)

Guest Maggie

Canine prints?!?!? Wow. That would be freaky, for sure. Were they as big as Sasquatch tracks? Or just bigger than a dog's or coyote's?

It will be interesting to see if the same thing happens this Thanksgiving.... 

I don't know how a BF's living situation changes in the winter, but I've seen signs of them here in winter, and we get snow here. I do think they can travel great distances very easily, however, and that they sometimes do like to seek out warmer places when the weather gets cold, so it's a mystery to me, too, what really goes on in the winter.   

Guest Maggie

The tracks were bigger than anything I have ever seen, even from my large dogs. I do have pics of the prints on my old phone. Both dad and I agreed the sound we heard was a first, having never experienced it before. Yeah, we have had winter experiences of what I think is Sas. A couple really strange ones that I have mentioned in this thread before. My dogs haven't acted strange now for a couple weeks or so. Which I prefer ifI need to take them out after dark lol.

Interesting, Maggie... Again, really appreciate your attitude. Even though those tracks appear not to be BF tracks (although with there being some indication that BF can shape-shift, who knows?), your earlier comment stays in my head: "I think there was ample time for things to go bad if they were going to?"

That would still seem to apply, no matter who made those tracks.  :)

What's your sense of what your dogs are sensing? I know they're aware of things we're not, but I sometimes wonder how good they are as judges of threat. Like, many dogs think the mailman is going to kill their family, when s/he's not. Other dogs are more 'chill' and seem to have a better grasp of what the threat really is. (And sometimes they have a better grasp of things, and are still upset.) It all seems to vary. 

What do you feel your dogs 'believe' about what they're sensing?

Guest Squatchologist

LeafTalker, here in Minnesota, I'm not sure how much activity there is in dead of winter, it's flipping cold. Where the heck would they go? -20 can be a brutal b-word.

P.S Vegas isn't for work :)

I accept that challenge. :) Here are some BFRO reports of sightings in Minnesota in winter (in addition to Maggie's great stories): 

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=10620

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=7300

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=17551

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=17900

It seems they don't feel the cold like we do. Lightheart said in May that "A Native American told me that his people knew how to create multiple levels of heat in their bodies so even in the Winter they went barefoot. He was a Traditional Seminole." If we hairless humans can do that, surely they can, too.

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/50963-a-question-for-those-who-have-had-telepathic-interactions-with-sasquatch/?p=904518

And I'm so glad you're not going to Vegas for work.   :)

Edited by LeafTalker

Guest Maggie

Leaftalker, what is MY sense that the dogs are sensing? Well, as it isn't their usual way of acting, even when strangers are close (though they aren't crazy about strangers either!), all I can say for certain is that it is something out of the ordinary. Personally, after experiences, I would say it is a Sasquatch, well that and the smell. However, after last November, I have to admit to being somewhat less confident on what is out there,lol. I know there are cryptid canines but we had never experienced that at the family place or at my place. I have to say it threw me.

Maybe it is because it was something new that made me very nervous about it. I don't get the sense it was a Sas, shapeshifting or not. I know this probably makes no sense, but everything living has a certain "aura" (and that's not even the word, but the closest I can come.) to it. I didn't like this one. And again, I can't explain it  in words adequately. I DO stand by my previous statement that a Sas has had time to cause damage should that be the intention. This other? One experience with "It' (well two nights) doesn't give me that same assurance.

Hmmmm. Shapeshifting. I would say since no one is an expert that the field of interpretation is pretty open. I can't discount it because I don't KNOW. I remember when I was a teenager, my uncle had a bigfoot book I was reading and I don't even recall the name of it. I read that thing until it was falling apart as it was rare I got my hands on something like that,lol. Some men came to the door of a secluded house. Previously these people had seen a dark Sas and a lighter brown Sas, Anyway, the men were likewise black and brown haired and acted odd. After they left, the homeowner looked outside and there was nothing even though there was plenty of medium for tracks. Interdimensional? Or did they indeed shapeshift? Or something other entirely?

Oh yeah. Winters here ARE brutal. However, since there have been incidents during the winter, I have to consider that at least not all of them leave during that season. 

And it isn't on the same level, but it is amazing what a person can get used to as far as cold. Even when it is very cold outside, my furnace doesn't go above 60 degrees. Everyone that comes in here complains about the temperature. But it feels fine to me! I just leave it up enough that pipes won't freeze.

I'm not even really sure what I was asking about the dogs... I was just wondering if you knew what the dogs think about things. But I trust your sense that the dogs were usually responding to a Sasquatch, AND your sense that there's also something else hanging around. I don't see or sense auras, but it makes complete sense to me that every being has one, and that some of us can detect them. 

I don't know anything about cryptid canines, but I believe most beings will let us alone if we let them alone. 

That's a really interesting story, the one about the black-haired and brown-haired guys coming to the door of that house. I believe it's entirely possible they were Sasquatch who had assumed a different form for that particular visit. I've heard similar stories elsewhere. Thanks for sharing that cool story. 

And you're a strong person, to keep the heat so low in winter! Hope it's not too bad this year. 

Sasquatchologist, did you download those pictures off the camera onto your computer?  Or are those directly from the SD card?  The reason I ask is because I've had problems with my camera doing the same thing, but only when I download to the computer from the camera.  If I take the pictures directly from the SD card, I don't have any problems.  I don't know what causes it, but apparently it's something either with the cord or the data transfer.

It seems they don't feel the cold like we do. Lightheart said in May that "A Native American told me that his people knew how to create multiple levels of heat in their bodies so even in the Winter they went barefoot. He was a Traditional Seminole." If we hairless humans can do that, surely they can, too.

If I'm not mistaken, the Seminole were in Florida. But it is true that a person that goes barefoot all the time will have a lot tougher sole which can handle a much wider range of temperature.

There is an interesting photo of some Eskimos in a book by Joesph Campbell (Power of Myth), showing that even that far north humans had an ability to deal with cold that 'cultured' humans seem to lack.

"There is an interesting photo of some Eskimos in a book by Joesph Campbell (Power of Myth), showing that even that far north humans had an ability to deal with cold that 'cultured' humans seem to lack."

Yes. Hairless humans have a physiology that allows them to adapt to the climates in which they live. Why, then, would the BF not have the same abilities (very likely developed to a much higher degree, given their lack of interest in other methods of accommodating to extremes of temperature)?

Answer: There's no reason they wouldn't.   

Guest Maggie

Leaftalker and mesabe, exactly!! When I first started leaving the heat low, it was torture but by the end of the winter, I couldn't go to anyone else's house without feeling like I was overheating.

Now imagine, as mesabe said, as in most north american mammals, Sasquatch are born into this kind of environment. It wouldn't affect them like it would say, a southern person coming up here for the winter,lol. :)

You know how it is around here. In the fall when it gets down to 45 we're cold. By February, 45 degrees is T-shirt weather.

• salubrious unlocked this topic