Minnesota Update Of Sorts(Shrug)

Guest Maggie

She is awesome!, Awesome color, and awesome bed too! Maggie you probly already know this, but I was made aware of this a few yrs ago, and that is large dogs choking on tennis ball sized toys. A couple I know of, inhaled them during play, and had to have them surgically removed. Due to whatever complications, they encountered, they were never the same again. I guess either remove the toy before the dog is too big, or go with all big toys from the git go. IMHO Have fun raising her!

Thank you Leaftalker and mesabe, I think she is beautiful too! She is a completely different color from my male Cane Corso, he is a fawnish/sable color with a black face. Of course I think he is gorgeous too,lol. I have had him since he was six weeks old and he is almost three years now.

mesable, I have been extremely paranoid about choosing her toys! :) I have looked at reviews of anything I buy and if there isn't a review or bad reviews, I pass on it. She will have a lot of toys that are too big for her right now. And I won't leave any toys with her. I will however buy a couple of bones that are tried and true in my experience. One is called "The Tank" and the most avid chewers can't break it down. The other is the "L" bone from Jeffers, though with a Neo, the jury is still out on that one. I was thinking the black Kongs for power chewers but have heard some horror stories with these concerning big breeds so that's a no go. Oh, another one that I trust her with is called a "Gallileo", can't remember which company it is by but she isn't going to be able to shred that one either, probably not even as an adult. Tough stuff. :)

I will be over to the family place a couple of days soon so will be keeping my eyes and ears open. I think it is decidedly weird at the lack of activity when it seems like so many areas of the country are having lots of Squatch sightings. I did see on someone's blog where there was a sighting down by La Crescent I think, and that isn't too far from me, though I don't remember what year it was. That is also an area that I would suspect they are even if I hadn't had any experiences with them here and at the family place, but now I would because of those experiences and the locality is so similiar.

LaCrescent is in Houston County...

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=40316

salubrious, very cool!  I am not surprised because of the area. I have relatives in La Crescent, been down there a few times. I also have an uncle living on a farm in Houston County. I think I am going to ask him some questions when I next get a chance..

No, it's a smaller chair and she only looks bigger because of the camera angle,lol. Just thought I would share.

I will be out to the family place again for a couple nights in a few days. Maybe I will see or hear something, who knows? It's that time of year anyway. 

Oh, thank you to both Leaftalker and mesabe about Nyla. :)

Edited by Maggie

Okay, I posted this on a Facebook page that I am part of too, but as I always post the weird occurrences around here even though I am not 100 percent certain what they are, here is my ongoing report,lol.

A few nights ago I was taking the fan out of the upstairs window (acs are put away for the winter but it has been warm enough to need some air flow during the day). Now I generally do this before it gets dark because something about being in the open window after that gives me the heebie jeebies after some of the things that have happened here and at the family place. I know that sounds silly, it just makes me feel a little better!!!

Anyway, this night I was late taking the fan out. I had pulled it out and into the room when I looked over to the darker side of the yard (oh and this was the side of the yard that whatever it was had come through and it was apparent because of the grass, also the side of the house that the garden is on, where I heard the growling and where my garden has had some mishaps this summer. Also not the side of the house facing downtown.) and there were eyes. Talk about a burst of adrenaline!!  I slammed the window shut and pulled the curtain into place. I then sat, shaking, onto the bed, assessing what I KNOW I saw. What I KNOW is that the eyes were BIG, not like a cat or a raccoon or even most dogs. They glowed kind of an amberish color. They were just across from porch roofline so it was tall. And that is all I have. Sleep was slow in coming and then I dreamed of something on the roof,lol.. Oh before I went to bed, I did go out onto the porch and saw nothing. I know I should have KEPT looking like a good investigator,lol, but it was such a shock that I just reacted....

Wow!!! Maggie that's cool! I am almost speechless, but do have a few questions as usual.

First: can you please provide more detail on the mishaps in your garden this summer.If it was posted earlier, and I missed it, I'm sorry, and just re-direct me. Thanks.

Second: are you sure you dreamed of something on the roof? LOL (like maybe it wasn't a dream)

Third: where did you find the courage to go onto the porch before bed? lol Is it a fairly substantial porch that provides a feeling of security?

How many other people were in the house, or staying there, but maybe out at the time.

I have a feeling this "being" is centered on YOU, may not be dangerous, but is waiting for you to make the next move.

perhaps a gift, but I would avoid food if possible, except maybe an apple, or some popcorn etc. Not enough to feed a whole tribe, just a treat for 1.

mesable, I don't mind questions at all, lol, I just always hope I can answer them where they make sense.

Garden, I don't remember if I posted that here or not? Summer was extremely busy and flew by. My garden mishaps included my pumpkin plants all being destroyed by something stepping on them, corn knocked sideways and not all but a good share of tomatoes and cucumbers going missing.

As far as my "something on the roof" dream, I HOPE it was a dream! Unless in my sleep I was hearing something on the roof,lol. Which I hope isn't the case.

The porch before bed. It is an enclosed porch and don't applaud me for bravery as I just stepped out the house door and looked to the left where it had been. I didn't go too close!!!

My youngest son (age 27) was home and watching TV. No one else besides him lives here currently as my oldest daughter moved out in September after living here for the summer.

Yikes. Centered on me as in "where are more vegetables"??? I might have been no meaning to feed it but did so anyway. Oh well. I do not plan on giving up having a garden. 

On another note, I was out at the family place for a couple of nights but didn't experience anything except some loud howling which seemed a little "off" but that I still attributed to coyotes.

Ditto! Very cool, Maggie! I agree, I think you have an admirer out there. And you've probably had that admirer for a long time. 

Funny, about the roof. I remember your talking about seeing prints in the snow on a porch roof. I love that story. 

I'm glad you're not going to give up on the garden. You can always talk to the woods (probably best to do it at night) and say, "You're welcome to some of the vegetables, but please leave me some. I have to eat, too." Or cultivate a separate plot for them (if you're up to it), and tell them they can have the vegetables there, but not in the other area. They'll get it. (Sounds like they already do, because they didn't take all the tomatoes and all the cucumbers -- they left some.)   :)

You just can't have too many BF friends.... A little give and take, a little love sent their way, and you'll have some strong people you can rely on in times of trouble (and in good times, too). I was in the woods this past weekend and realized there was a creepy human in there with me. My BF friends were there, and they chased him away. (I had my first full-body daylight sighting, watching this go on.) So it's good to demonstrate that you know they're there, and that you appreciate them being there. (If you're up to it, that is.)  :) 

Wow! LeafTalker, that sounds like an incredible weekend. Did you describe it in more detail in another section of this forum? I know there was a thread used for member sightings. Or else in the sightings section for your state. Awesome. I liked your idea of a separate vegetable plot, maybe a little closer to the woods.

Well, I'm glad you 2 are having some activity. It seems that I am being snubbed, but I also haven't been out in the wilds as much as I used to either. I guess its time to get some exercise.

Leaftalker, yes, there are two different areas of the roof that are lower than the other part. One is the porch roof and the other is the roof above the kitchen/bathroom/laundry area. The area where the footprints were is just outside the upstairs hall window and that  is the kitchen part of the roof.

As far as the garden, I have always heard NOT to intentionally feed them because then when it stops there could be dire consequences. I know there are many areas of thought on this. MAYBE since I am not directly placing food items outside it might be all the difference.

Cool about your sighting! I am glad that they protect you. :) I am sure they make great bodyguards, I mean, who would want to mess with them???? :)

Separate vegetable plot....the woods aren't directly by my property (close enough for nighttime foraging though,lol), so no matter where I put the garden or how many gardens I have, I think I am going to be sharing.

IF it is a Sas. I would say I am leaning towards more yes than no. It is something different for sure and past experiences indicate this quite highly I believe. I just don't want to get complacent if that makes any sense??

mesabe, as far as "activity" , since you are in approximately the same area, do you have a garden? I am trying to remember if I mentioned that at all this summer, but as I said, it went by in a blur of classes, writing, work, dogs, household activities, and having a pregnant daughter living with me at the time.(my son did too but he is pretty self sufficient) So if I did NOT say anything, there was good reason!

You probably ARE having activity but depending on circumstances you are missing the clues, be it hours you keep or something such?

22 hours ago, mesabe said:

Wow!!! Maggie that's cool! I am almost speechless, but do have a few questions as usual.

First: can you please provide more detail on the mishaps in your garden this summer.If it was posted earlier, and I missed it, I'm sorry, and just re-direct me. Thanks.

Second: are you sure you dreamed of something on the roof? LOL (like maybe it wasn't a dream)

Third: where did you find the courage to go onto the porch before bed? lol Is it a fairly substantial porch that provides a feeling of security?

How many other people were in the house, or staying there, but maybe out at the time.

I have a feeling this "being" is centered on YOU, may not be dangerous, but is waiting for you to make the next move.

perhaps a gift, but I would avoid food if possible, except maybe an apple, or some popcorn etc. Not enough to feed a whole tribe, just a treat for 1.

Had the exact same thought. I'm thinking "something" actually happened beyond it simply being a dream!

16 hours ago, LeafTalker said:

Ditto! Very cool, Maggie! I agree, I think you have an admirer out there. And you've probably had that admirer for a long time. 

Funny, about the roof. I remember your talking about seeing prints in the snow on a porch roof. I love that story. 

I'm glad you're not going to give up on the garden. You can always talk to the woods (probably best to do it at night) and say, "You're welcome to some of the vegetables, but please leave me some. I have to eat, too." Or cultivate a separate plot for them (if you're up to it), and tell them they can have the vegetables there, but not in the other area. They'll get it. (Sounds like they already do, because they didn't take all the tomatoes and all the cucumbers -- they left some.)   :)

You just can't have too many BF friends.... A little give and take, a little love sent their way, and you'll have some strong people you can rely on in times of trouble (and in good times, too). I was in the woods this past weekend and realized there was a creepy human in there with me. My BF friends were there, and they chased him away. (I had my first full-body daylight sighting, watching this go on.) So it's good to demonstrate that you know they're there, and that you appreciate them being there. (If you're up to it, that is.)  :) 

Whaaaaaaa?! More, please! Very glad that you were safe, but would love to hear more about your sighting (and just the whole event in general. Maybe there's some lessons in there for others about staying safe on the trail?). That had to be quite a profound sighting for you, I would think. For anyone!

• salubrious unlocked this topic