Minnesota Update Of Sorts(Shrug)

Guest Maggie

Hi Leaftalker, good to hear from you again!

Well, I plan at some point in the future of crossing my CC and Neo. They are both Italian Mastiffs and pretty much from the same type of lines, which the exception of CCs being higher energy and more "light calvary" and the Neo's being more ":heavy duty".  I am not crossing out the possibility of buying a male Neo in the future but right now that isn't in my plans.

Funny, I DO feel safe with my CC. Of course he is here in the house with me, not left outside. I guess it gives me comfort knowing that if something was going to "get us", it would have to deal with two (and with the Neo three...four with you count a psychotic chihuahua,lol) to accomplish the job. I wouldn't be on my own. Okay, I am sure the end results would be the same but we could at least give a good accounting of ourselves. :)
Love the prints and glad you shared! :)

I would definitely consider a psychotic chihuahua an important part of any security detail. :) I bet s/he's able to perform some important specialized function that the other two can't.... And I'm glad you feel safe with the CC. I totally get why you do. And how cool, that you might have more puppies in your future!

Glad you liked the prints. It's like Mesabe was saying -- sometimes I, too, think they're gone, and then voila! They (re?)appear. I'm always happy to know they're still around. 

LOL, Leaftalker, you are speaking my language. My psychotic chihuahua has many uses, not the least would be tripping someone or something up and savagely attacking their ankles.....:)  My adult children always call him the little "b******". He likes barely anyone but me. He has to be kenneled or put into the bathroom if people are over or parts of them just aren't going to be safe.

I wanted to apologize for not being able to say more about the prints? I know their are other people here who could make more sense out of them than I could. Being scientific often ends up failing me!! I hope someone here can take a look and give you more insight.

Yup. Pups in the future. Want to get on a waiting list? :) Though I want her to be at least two and fully grown before we get to that point. During that time I ma going to socialize her with who I want her to like, take her about everywhere with me.

Yeah, I keep expecting things to happen because it's FALL but so far nada.

Aw, your chihuahua sounds kind of cute.... I just read that chihauhaus are very loyal like that. Sounds like he's doing his job perfectly!

I was wondering whether I should ask to be put on your waiting list.... I'm terrible at making decisions, though. Let me think on it.... (See what I mean?)

And no worries about the picture! I'm not scientific about these things, either. I can't tell what was really going on when that print got made -- like, what they were really looking at, or what they were trying to do -- but I don't mind that I don't know that. I'm just thrilled it got made, because it means they were here. I know they often are, but I don't always know it at the time it's happening. I certainly didn't know they were here in the days preceding the day I found the print. Sometimes they make noise, so I know from that, but I haven't heard any noises in a while. So it was fun to find this print. But yeah, there's really nothing else to say about it. No worries!

Hey folks, sorry I work 3rd shift, so I'm on here at odd times. Lots of dog talk, cool.

LT, I don't know what to say about those prints... Well, I kinda want to say they look like butt prints, but I'm no expert. I'm, not even a "pert". But I don't see any round swirlys in there. But they do have a hand (or huge fingers) shape. Kinda makes you want to not wash it off until it is dusted properly, etc.LOL I do believe they were probly left by woodsfolk, stranger things have happened. Plus aren't you the one that had things left by your wipers at times?

Maggie, I wouldn't mind being put on a waiting list for several yrs. for one of them pups. One friend of mine raised Cane's, lost track of him, and not sure if he still does. Another raised Neo's, and he was frequently crossing his female with other mastiff breeds. I just saw online today, about a bunch of new breeds of huge dogs, being created with these crosses. I thought of those two friends from my past.

Anyway, I'm in pretty good shape financially now, and am sure I could afford one, and offer it a nice country home. I own a huge white GSD now, and he loves just sitting on the back deck, observing his kingdom. I don't know if it is his lines or what, but he has never left the boundaries of our property. He learned all his commands as a pup, and really never needed a leash, Never had an accident in the house, etc. very smart, does our taxes, etc. JK. He is kind of a city boy tho.

He will take an occasional walk with us in the woods, as long as it's not too far. And I think if the situation arose, he would be a coyote monitor, and just tell us we had a problem, but not do anything about it. lol He will be 6 this Dec. and when he goes, it will be real sad around here for a long while.

Leaftalker, yup, my chihuahua is loyal to the core. He also THINKS he is 100 pounds!!  As far as waiting list, you definitely have time to think about it. :) Also, it's good to know someone else isn't real scientific about what goes on either, they just know it DOES.

Mesabe, I would say you are pretty good at discerning "evidence" set in front of you, you can explain it much better than I am able to!! Ah well, we all have our strengths and weaknesses. :)

You are more than welcome to be on the waiting list, even if it's going to be a while. I don't plan on charging an arm and a leg comparitively to some people. My main focus is the pups go where they are loved and needed.

I laughed about your GSD being a "coyote monitor". That sounds like my son's Pugs. They would squeal and snort and warn but do nothing. Both my Cane Corso and chihuahua would only get violent if it looked like whatever it was, was threatening me. They aren't stupid, which I like. They would stay out of the way, barking and then jump in when the fight was "on". I don't need a dog that takes off after something or gets within its reach until it is "time". I think people lose a lot of dogs that way. Which is why I am so careful about breeds now.

11 hours ago, mesabe said:

LT, I don't know what to say about those prints... Well, I kinda want to say they look like butt prints, but I'm no expert. I'm, not even a "pert". But I don't see any round swirlys in there. But they do have a hand (or huge fingers) shape. Kinda makes you want to not wash it off until it is dusted properly, etc.LOL I do believe they were probly left by woodsfolk, stranger things have happened. Plus aren't you the one that had things left by your wipers at times?

Hahaha! "Not even a 'pert'"! Love it. I don't think anybody is, so you're in good company. About round swirlys: not sure they have them. I think that might be something that makes them different from us. Or the patterns are just different somehow. Almost sure I heard a pert say that once. :) And on the rare occasion I wash my car, I've noticed their prints don't come off. There are prints on my car that have been on there for coming up on two years now. They got planted there in October 2014. Their fingers (or the fingers of some individuals, anyway) seem to have some serious grease on them.... And I had a leaf stuck to a side window, at the end of what looked like a long finger swipe/streak, but nothing near the wipers (that I remember, anyway.....)

3 hours ago, Maggie said:

Leaftalker, yup, my chihuahua is loyal to the core. He also THINKS he is 100 pounds!!  As far as waiting list, you definitely have time to think about it. :) Also, it's good to know someone else isn't real scientific about what goes on either, they just know it DOES.

Oh, phew. Glad I have time to think about it. Thanks. And yeah, the science doesn't interest me. I'm interested in communicating with them. That's the fun part. When they go quiet, there are other things to do; science is not one of them (for me). :)

:unsure: Wow 2 yrs., that is some serious "grease" Might want to make sure you have on protective gloves if you ever have to make contact, might not be grease, unless they get a lot of their diet out of resteraunt dumpsters.

Thanks Maggie for letting me be on the waiting list, and I am very serious.

I wasn't sure what you meant by me discerning evidence. If you meant me refering to them as butt prints, I just call them as I see them. Maybe Leaftalker just came across evidence of the Beavis and Buttheads of the juvenile squatches in the neighborhood. Also I may be looking at them in the wrong proportions, as I was relying on the reflection of the phone etc.

Leaftalker, that reference to MK Davis is an eye opener! I'm sure none of us would handle "mucous" found in a track, without hazard suits. But then getting sick from it,  I don't think I could explain that to friends or family in a way that wouldn't produce a few "nods".

that's alright, get your rest. I checked, and it's spelled correctly. If that's what you meant. I didn't check it until you mentioned it, because I don't care if words are mis-spelled. Which you may have already noticed from my posts. Sometiomes i mispell intentionally, because its either easier to rype the word, or too much work to go back and correct it. besides, nobodies giving grades.

I guess "mucous" IS correct, if you're referring to the mucous membrane. But the name of the actual gunk itself appears to be "mucus". (I thought you put "mucous" in quotes because it wasn't spelled right, so that's why I looked it up -- and even though that's not what you were saying at all, it turns out I DIDN'T spell it right.)

So I (re)learned something. Yay. 

Anyway, yeah, in general, it doesn't matter how we spell things here (or anywhere), nor should it; but it's a matter of personal pride (to me) to spell things right. 

• salubrious unlocked this topic