Government involvement

norseman

Government Involvement  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 hours ago, Tucky Buzzard said:

Well, if they exist I would assume that in the US the government would be more than aware of their existence. If they exist then the government has suppressed knowledge of their existence for many decades. If that was the case then a cull of the species wouldn't be an outlandish notion. 

It's more likely they exist, and the government isn't suppressing anything or even think they exist.

I hate to keep repeating this but most of the giant government we have doesn't care at all about Bigfoot, swimming salmon, or Asbestos in my basement.   The government is big because the nation is big and thus its needs are large and complex.   It gets bloated the same way a giant corporation in the private sector can get bloated as it grows.

There could be a tiny part of the government who might be in the business (has a mission) to care about Bigfoot or whatever.  Nearly 99.99999% of it could care less.  

Assuming that .000001% cares, they either think/know bigfoot exists or thinks it could exist.   Either way, I just don't see a motivation to suppress Bigfoot knowledge.  Once a bigfoot is killed then various parts of our large government would wake up in the areas, they concern themselves with.   Some tiny part of the government might then enact protections under some wildlife act. Others would alert the coroner of the country.  Still others might pass laws making hunting a Bigfoot illegal.   Various parts of the government machine might be expected to kick into gear as well in response to the body.   But such a government is not going to cut my break lines if I had proof bigfoot exists to silence me.  I'm not saying our spies wouldn't do this if needed.  Just not for bigfoot.   Nuke secrets in 1945, yes. 

Really ask yourself if the significance of keeping bigfoot quiet is large enough to warrant a suppression campaign or worse yet, killing people.

Power brokers in government can be "bribed" to adopt various positions.   But generally, most guidelines and positions come from scientific consensus.   Like it or not at this time the scientific consensus is Bigfoot doesn't exist or at least has not been proven to exist.   That is not a radical Idea.  That is reasonable under the circumstances.   The parts of the government which might be concerned about Bigfoot should it exist right now don't care.  The other parts don't concern themselves with it at all.   

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, hiflier said:

This ^^^ hands down, has got to be the worst post I've ever read.

Ironic.   I think he's spot-on.   Agrees with personal observation even if it doesn't fit the conspiracy delusions many embrace.

MIB

48 minutes ago, MIB said:

Ironic.   I think he's spot-on.

Of course you do. But "observation" isn't knowledge. Where gov is concerned "observation" doesn't even equate to the tip of the iceberg. Guess who controls whatever it is that you've "observed" and how much?

Edited by hiflier

You wrote it and still don’t realize it:

1 hour ago, Backdoc said:

……….There could be a tiny part of the government who might be in the business (has a mission) to care about Bigfoot or whatever.  Nearly 99.99999% of it could care less………

I’ve pointed this out to you at least twice as and outlined that it is clearly the most likely reality, but for some reason you can’t accept it and must equate “government” with the entire octopus, not a single tentacle. The CIA has to be involved and in charge of the giant conspiracy. I understand. That’s the default storyline sold the public at the box office and novel section at the book store. It’s difficult to come back down to reality when that’s the tub you constantly get dipped into.

………Assuming that .000001% cares, they either think/know bigfoot exists or thinks it could exist.   Either way, I just don't see a motivation to suppress Bigfoot knowledge……..

So an area biologist with a state fish and game agency gets called in to see a strange nest on private property. We know this has happened at least twice (documented) over the past 35 years. He’s intrigued. The property owners are intrigued. That’s why they called him in. One of these guys has seen gorilla nests with his own eyes earlier in his life. In one case, a scat sample and hair sample is recovered at the site. It gets analyzed at the state crime lab……..not a pinhead science department or private lab operating in the game of  science, but applying science in the game of justice. The biologist did it that way because it was “free”. Those analysts determine that the dna doesn’t match any known indigenous animal, record that for the biologist, and throw out the rest of the sample.

Their duty has been done.

Do you think that biologist is going to take this to the director (a political appointed position) seeking funding for further study? If he does, do you think he’s going to get some? Would he argue the point passionately?

Welcome to reality.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

This ^^^ hands down, has got to be the worst post I've ever read.

It's OK if you don't like my cooking.   I don't always either.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Backdoc said:

It's more likely they exist, and the government isn't suppressing anything or even think they exist.

I hate to keep repeating this but most of the giant government we have doesn't care at all about Bigfoot, swimming salmon, or Asbestos in my basement.   The government is big because the nation is big and thus its needs are large and complex.   It gets bloated the same way a giant corporation in the private sector can get bloated as it grows.

There could be a tiny part of the government who might be in the business (has a mission) to care about Bigfoot or whatever.  Nearly 99.99999% of it could care less.  

Assuming that .000001% cares, they either think/know bigfoot exists or thinks it could exist.   Either way, I just don't see a motivation to suppress Bigfoot knowledge.  Once a bigfoot is killed then various parts of our large government would wake up in the areas, they concern themselves with.   Some tiny part of the government might then enact protections under some wildlife act. Others would alert the coroner of the country.  Still others might pass laws making hunting a Bigfoot illegal.   Various parts of the government machine might be expected to kick into gear as well in response to the body.   But such a government is not going to cut my break lines if I had proof bigfoot exists to silence me.  I'm not saying our spies wouldn't do this if needed.  Just not for bigfoot.   Nuke secrets in 1945, yes. 

Really ask yourself if the significance of keeping bigfoot quiet is large enough to warrant a suppression campaign or worse yet, killing people.

Power brokers in government can be "bribed" to adopt various positions.   But generally, most guidelines and positions come from scientific consensus.   Like it or not at this time the scientific consensus is Bigfoot doesn't exist or at least has not been proven to exist.   That is not a radical Idea.  That is reasonable under the circumstances.   The parts of the government which might be concerned about Bigfoot should it exist right now don't care.  The other parts don't concern themselves with it at all.   

I don’t see any reason to suppress UFO knowledge…….but they do!

Where you leave the tracks is applying your own logic and morality to a government agencies logic and morality. You come across as naive.

Dig around. The US government Has been involved with numerous immoral conspiracies. LSD, Agent Orange and Radio active oatmeal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MKUltra

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmesburg_Prison

https://www.nytimes.com/1998/01/01/us/settlement-reached-in-suit-over-radioactive-oatmeal-experiment.html

12 hours ago, norseman said:

I don’t see any reason to suppress UFO knowledge…….but they do!

I see a lot of reasons the government would or should suppress info on UFOs.  This is esp. true if some UFO was in fact an Alien vs a Chinese Drone.   I won't get into it other than to say they had better suppress any Alien invasion of Earth and quietly deal with it any way they need to in an effort to keep us safe.  Please do.

Where you leave the tracks is applying your own logic and morality to a government agencies logic and morality. You come across as naive.

It's reasonable to understand the government is made up of millions of people who have logic, morality, immorality, greed, honestly, education, responsibility guidelines, state laws, mission statements, budgets and so on.   The only thing naive would be the idea the government is acting in unison with one mission in one direction and doing it all efficiently and effectively.  Then to go a step further and say they are doing this as it relates to such small potatoes as a near extinct hairy something in the woods.   I just have to disagree for no other reason than it just to at all reasonable.  

Dig around. The US government Has been involved with numerous immoral conspiracies. LSD, Agent Orange and Radio active oatmeal.

Yes, the Government has been involved in various things good and bad.  Sometimes very bad. How do we know this? Because other parts of that same government smoked out the behavior.  The very fact you know anything about some past behavior of the government by the others in the government proves that government does not act universally.   

Take any of these issues and you will see there are those all over the different sides of it.   Some benefit, some don't, and some don't even care.

There is a very big difference in saying the government which has a constitutional duty to attempt to keep us safe acts a certain way and a government giving a darn about a crypto potential animal.   We can't apply the reasonable concern a government might have in one area with some blanket concern in some other very minor area.   As far as bigfoot- it wouldn't.   It just wouldn't care.   And even with national security most of that same government still wouldn't care.   It doesn't have the mission to care.

The strong bigfoot believer sometimes comes up with reasons why they don't have bigfoot on a slab and a mysterious government conspiracy is a useful excuse.   

I'm not naive of the concept of what some in our government could be capable of.   In many ways I have no problem with such sometimes necessary evil.   I just know if they pulled the trigger on such behavior would be for major reasons and bigfoot (yet unproven to most in that same government) is not a major reason.   Might be important to you or me.  Not to them.

Edited by Backdoc

12 minutes ago, Backdoc said:

I see a lot of reasons the government would or should suppress info on UFOs.  This is esp. true if some UFO was in fact an Alien vs a Chinese Drone.   I won't get into it other than to say they had better suppress any Alien invasion of Earth and quietly deal with it any way they need to in an effort to keep us safe.  Please do.

It's reasonable to understand the government is made up of millions of people who have logic, morality, immorality, greed, honestly, education, responsibility guidelines, state laws, mission statements, budgets and so on.   The only thing naive would be the idea the government is acting in unison with one mission in one direction and doing it all efficiently and effectively.  Then to go a step further and say they are doing this as it relates to such small potatoes as a near extinct hairy something in the woods.   I just have to disagree for no other reason than it just to at all reasonable.  

Yes, the Government has been involved in various things good and bad.  Sometimes very bad. How do we know this? Because other parts of that same government smoked out the behavior.  The very fact you know anything about some past behavior of the government by the others in the government proves that government does not act universally.   

Take any of these issues and you will see there are those all over the different sides of it.   Some benefit, some don't, and some don't even care.

There is a very big difference in saying the government which has a constitutional duty to attempt to keep us safe acts a certain way and a government giving a darn about a crypto potential animal.   We can't apply the reasonable concern a government might have in one area with some blanket concern in some other very minor area.   As far as bigfoot- it wouldn't.   It just wouldn't care.   And even with national security most of that same government still wouldn't care.   It doesn't have the mission to care.

The strong bigfoot believer sometimes comes up with reasons why they don't have bigfoot on a slab and a mysterious government conspiracy is a useful excuse.   

I'm not naive of the concept of what some in our government could be capable of.   In many ways I have no problem with such sometimes necessary evil.   I just know if they pulled the trigger on such behavior would be for major reasons and bigfoot (yet unproven to most in that same government) is not a major reason.   Might be important to you or me.  Not to them.

Every word of this is little more than ambiguous OPINION. If this creature exists then its evolutionary significance puts a Chimps evolutionary significance to shame. And you say gov doesn't care? This is anything but a "minor area", and not just scientifically.

And to the bolded in the quote above? You're doing a total ambiguity, CYA, maneuver, because "unproven to most" means "proven to some." Who are they? And why haven't they come forward with the most amazing and important evolutionary discovery of the last 200 years? Because "they" don't care is simple smoke and mirrors. How about discussing the "proven to some" part that you imply without really saying it?

6 hours ago, hiflier said:

Every word of this is little more than ambiguous OPINION. If this creature exists then its evolutionary significance puts a Chimps evolutionary significance to shame. And you say gov doesn't care? This is anything but a "minor area", and not just scientifically.

And to the bolded in the quote above? You're doing a total ambiguity, CYA, maneuver, because "unproven to most" means "proven to some." Who are they? And why haven't they come forward with the most amazing and important evolutionary discovery of the last 200 years? Because "they" don't care is simple smoke and mirrors. How about discussing the "proven to some" part that you imply without really saying it?

Dr. Jeff  Meldrum said in a recent vid (YouTube) something like this:   Up until the 1970s the scientific view was linear in that they believed we came from a process that eventually became a single hominid out of that one track mankind.    He stated it was said then anyone who produced a Bigfoot, Giganto or whatever back in the 1960s would be told it cannot be on its face since it would be impossible based on this one linear process.    Now they have a view of multiple paths of development thanks to more recent discovery like Lucy so that same science would most be as likely not now outright reject Bigfoot.  It could fit the multiple development scenario.  They still want proof but their new model accepts it’s possible.

A body on a slab would be significant, earthshaking or whatever.  But we are not there. 
until there is a threat, our government does t usually care about everything.  It only seems to care when it gets a wake up call.

I’m just one person who could be wrong.    

11 hours ago, Backdoc said:

The only thing naive would be the idea the government is acting in unison with one mission in one direction and doing it all efficiently and effectively.

Yep, the record is clear, the govt is anything but efficient and effective.  Not saying rogue parts aren’t up to no good and doing a good job of keeping it hidden, they surely are.  But on the whole let’s face it, inept is their middle name.

6 hours ago, Backdoc said:

.........until there is a threat, our government does t usually care about everything.  It only seems to care when it gets a wake up call..........

Here's an example of their ability to rise to the highest threats. 1.6 gallons per flush, and not a drop more. Imagine all the research that went into this standard, and all the power they used to get the entire plumbing world to obey their commands.

https://www.energy.gov/femp/best-management-practice-6-toilets-and-urinals

Best Management Practice #6: Toilets and Urinals............

Those guys are way, way to busy to bother examining the evidence of another possible Homo species running around out there on federal lands.

On 1/4/2024 at 10:17 AM, Backdoc said:

You keep bringing up a bloated government that doesn’t act in concert. But in the next breath you talk about an alien invasion in which the government probably is keeping secret and acting in concert…… So which is it? 

🤷‍♂️

Except I am not using it as an excuse. But will fully admit that the government has a lot fancier toys than me that cost billions of dollars more.

So logic dictates to me that if I have detected the presence of something unknown? They most assuredly HAVE.

Ive shown you loopholes to hide evidence that they can hide in museums. I’ve shown you examples of conspiracies that were proven to be true.

You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make them drink. And now you’re contradicting yourself. Big government cannot feasibly get its act together with Bigfoot but it certainly can with UFOs. A lot there for you to ponder…..👍

2 hours ago, norseman said:

You keep bringing up a bloated government that doesn’t act in concert. But in the next breath you talk about an alien invasion in which the government probably is keeping secret and acting in concert…… So which is it? 

🤷‍♂️

Simple.  Out of that giant government, a very small % of people would be kept in the loop on an alien invasion.   They would do what they could to hide the fact from most of the rest of the government as well as the public.  The fewer in the know the better.   Other parts of that same government would NOT help such a cover-up and might even investigate "why were we not told" or 'the public has a right to know".   

Most every Government employee in the USA who gets a W2 from the government would know nothing about such an Alein invasion and would not in any way be used to cover up such an issue.

Take a look at the nuclear bomb development in the 1940's.   The pathway there would best explain what the government would do and how they would go about it.  Also, it would further explain the limitation they have in our society to keep quiet and so on in spite of all that unified effort.  

Finally, UFO Aliens keep in mind the USA does not have a franchise on speaking for the entire world.   Why would an alien even come to the USA as it is mostly an empty country where India and China alone would account for half the world's population?   I won't even begin to get why they would come to our tiny spot in the universe to begin with.

Except I am not using it as an excuse. But will fully admit that the government has a lot fancier toys than me that cost billions of dollars more.

I'm interested in the PGF (thus Bigfoot by association) so I am interested but many are not.  My personal opinion is the government would see the issue as too small to concern itself with.   Few if any at all in the entire government would have a mission to care about bigfoot as it relates to their job.  Whomever is interested are just employees who go home for dinner every night like me.  Their interest is separate from their job any more than their favorite baseball team.  

So logic dictates to me that if I have detected the presence of something unknown? They most assuredly HAVE.

If you or others had a sighting or whatever I don't discount that.  The Q is, what does your experience really mean on a scale of significance to the government?   Assume the PGF is real for a min.  The government and academia barely gave it a look then and not much now.   But the government let's Gimlin live and don't even stop him from talking at conference or making YouTube videos.

Ive shown you loopholes to hide evidence that they can hide in museums. I’ve shown you examples of conspiracies that were proven to be true.

Just because someone makes something unavailable to us does not mean they are part of a conspiracy or even mean they disagree with your idea.  I can right now put forward an idea about who killed Kennedy in Dallas 1963.  Yet, unless I am a top TV show like NOVA or a member of the Kennedy family, I am not going to get any special permission to see the autopsy photos.  Does that mean they are trying to hide something from me?  Not at all.  They are preserving the items until needed to be viewed by well-credentialed people for well-informed reasons.   

You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make them drink. And now you’re contradicting yourself.

I'll admit I have over explained myself here.  in no way have I contradicted myself.   Each thing is selective based on its own set of circumstances.  

Big government cannot feasibly get its act together with Bigfoot but it certainly can with UFOs. A lot there for you to ponder…..👍

Well, I am not buying the idea Big Government has its act together at all with UFO's/Aliens.   There isn't any evidence they have their act together about UFOs.   If we know anything about UFOs it means the cat is out of the bag so the government violated rule #1.   I do not think any Tic Tac UFO is any alien from another planet.   Don't believe Bob Lazars stories, and so on.

Even if everything a conspiracy theorist believes about UFOs/Aliens were true it has nothing to do with Bigfoot.

Here is a final perspective problem I have:    in Iowa I have never had an encounter with Bigfoot.  if I did, just like Bob Gimlin I would, "know what i saw and I don't care if you believe me or not, I know what I saw" Since I have not ever had such an encounter and don't expect to here is Iowa, it's more likely I'm more open to thinking Bigfoot might not exist.  If I did have an encounter, I would know it did exist and I could ponder deeper meaning even if other didn't believe me.

Government conspiracy have become a fad lately and they have bleed into too many areas of our society to the point some people don't even know for sure that we landed on the moon.  

Edited by Backdoc

14 hours ago, Huntster said:

Here's an example of their ability to rise to the highest threats. 1.6 gallons per flush, and not a drop more. Imagine all the research that went into this standard, and all the power they used to get the entire plumbing world to obey their commands.

https://www.energy.gov/femp/best-management-practice-6-toilets-and-urinals

Those guys are way, way to busy to bother examining the evidence of another possible Homo species running around out there on federal lands.

Thank you.  

There are those who work in an area where they think the amount of flush is important.  Maybe they are given the task to conserve water in Arizona from a shrinking Colorado river.   We have people working on solution in their own self-centered world for their job mission.    

How many people tasked with low volume toilet flush care about Bigfoot?    Why would they?