Government involvement

norseman

Government Involvement  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

You don't? Seriously speaking here. No one?

I am working with no one. And with my non sternal union? I may be retired.

I have been seriously considering a crossbow and using an aluminum arrow shaft with a blunt to create a biopsy dart tip. Crossbows have no recoil.

If it takes exception and tries to rip my arms off I will have a pistol.

But right now between my chest and my left shoulder I could take the recoil of a big bore rifle. I am a leftie.

5 hours ago, hiflier said:

It would be really, really good if there were 15 or 20 people in on this discussion. Especially since noting that 67 members so far have voted on the poll. Where are they?

I voted "yes" on the poll. 

I can't speak to the others, but as for "where" I am as relates to this discussion....frankly, I got bored. Now don't take offense, but here we are at 13 pages and that's a bit much considering it appears to me the discussion has degenerated into ...what? Three or so members going back and forth, repeating themselves if not word for word by in general gist of their positions, and not saying anything that should be said like, "This is tedious so we should agree to disagree." Especially when you get into the territory of taking carefully worded pot shots at each other. 
Criminy, if we were at the local tavern, I'd tell you both to change the subject because you're getting nowhere with each other and order another round so we could discuss something less prickly like politics.

• Upvote 3

I voted "no".   Like @CelticKevin, I'm bored with the discussion.    It's the same people saying the same thing over and over across seemingly dozens of threads.    After some amount of time, it comes to me that silence is the best option.   It's not agreement or capitulation to the same old drivel, it's .. fatigue.  

MIB

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, norseman said:

I am working with no one. And with my non sternal union? I may be retired.

I have been seriously considering a crossbow and using an aluminum arrow shaft with a blunt to create a biopsy dart tip. Crossbows have no recoil.

If it takes exception and tries to rip my arms off I will have a pistol.

But right now between my chest and my left shoulder I could take the recoil of a big bore rifle. I am a leftie.

That's for sure better news than I was thinking, bud. Always room for an experienced southpaw :) and you deserve to stay with it, too.

46 minutes ago, CelticKevin said:

Now don't take offense, but here we are at 13 pages and that's a bit much considering it appears to me the discussion has degenerated into ...what?

Pretty much what I said, too, at what? Page 9 or so? And sure, I didn't need to drag things out further but it had been a while since I posted so forgive my exuberance.

57 minutes ago, norseman said:

I am working with no one.

Yeah, neither am I except for this guy once in a while who's almost five years older than me. So just a coupla old farts trying to make a difference, LOL.

1 hour ago, CelticKevin said:

......... the discussion has degenerated into ...what? Three or so members going back and forth, repeating themselves if not word for word by in general gist of their positions, and not saying anything that should be said like, "This is tedious so we should agree to disagree."........

So how does that differ from any other thread on this forum, or anywhere else, for that matter?

3 hours ago, hiflier said:

You don't? Seriously speaking here. No one?

Nope. Seriously. There's nobody out there hunting sasquatches with a rifle, and if there were, they'd have as much chance shooting one as I have of jumping over the moon.

Edited by Huntster

11 minutes ago, Huntster said:

So how does that differ from any other thread on this forum, or anywhere else, for that matter?

Careful, Huntstah, yer startin' ta sound like me ;)

11 minutes ago, Huntster said:

There's nobody out there hunting sasquatches with a rifle,

NAWAC?

Edited by hiflier

2 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Careful, Huntstah, yer startin' ta sound like me ;) .........

Do you have one of those funny Maine accents? My favorite boss from my past was a Maine railroader. A real man. I loved his accent!

I have a California surfer accent. :blush:

.......NAWAC?

Maybe. If so, I wish them well.

7 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Maybe. If so, I wish them well.

Me also.

8 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Do you have one of those funny Maine accents? My favorite boss from my past was a Maine railroader. A real man. I loved his accent!

Nope. Roots in Tennessee and Ohio with a bit of SoCal mixed in. So ended up with some high-rider "fer sher" surfer history from back in the 60's, too :)

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Huntster said:

Ha...generally doesn't differ. But, I was just answering the question asked.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, CelticKevin said:

Ha...generally doesn't differ. But, I was just answering the question asked.

And your answer was valid. Debate is the same everywhere and with everything. 

My theory on government knowledge of sasquatch existence is just my own belief. Of course, the more I think about it, the more I think it's correct. That's the nature of the beast.

As a side note, I began seeing the theory discussed among YouTube sasquatch channels not long ago. To my knowledge, the theory originated on this forum. It's growing.

@Saskeptic

If you're watching, maybe it's tine to organize another symposium?............

Bigfoot - if real -is an ape in my view not much diff than a gorilla at the zoo.   However, what happens if I’m wrong and Bigfoot is more advanced.    How advanced must Bigfoot be to be called human?

If I accidentally shot a bald Eagle I would be in some trouble because of laws in place.    But, no one would say I shot anything other than an animal which is a large bird.    If I shot a Bigfoot and it’s an animal only then I would guess whatever trouble I might be in would be less than if it’s a person.   If such an animal could think or talk well never know as it’s dead.    But, how human might it need to be to get me in real hot water?    How would we determine how human it would be esp if it’s dead and can’t tell us.   

if Bigfoot close to human how would we even know unless the thing was caught alive?