Government involvement

norseman

Government Involvement  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35 minutes ago, Huntster said:

And it's clear that sasquatches really don't want to chum up with us.

And that makes them unique and different from other wild animals how?

38 minutes ago, norseman said:

Looks like the threshold is 100,000 signatures in 30 days.

Should be enough time. Care to start it off? Or maybe ask Meldrum, Mayor, Randles, Moneymaker, Barackman, Coleman, or anyone else to get one going on your behalf?. Nah, never mind. They won't do it. No one will. And virtually no one sees the truth as an issue. I'm dumbfounded. I've taken the thing as far as I think one random person can. But there's zero people helping out and no offers to. That's even more dumbfounding.

It's been a real eye opener for me over the last four years on just how amazingly non-important this subject really is to nearly everyone. I think it's probably just as un-important to proponents as "Backdoc" says it is to government.

Edited by hiflier
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, norseman said:

...........It’s a war with casualties on both sides that’s been going on a very long time. Plenty of conflict.

And they've lost. They're going the way of the Neanderthals. I think government is just trying to let them go in peace.

1 minute ago, hiflier said:

And that makes them unique and different from other wild animals how?...........

They're human. 

1 minute ago, Huntster said:

And they've lost. They're going the way of the Neanderthals. I think government is just trying to let them go in peace.

And the community, including the ones most powerful that influence the rest, are just going to stand by and watch them lose? And in North America no less?

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Huntster said:

They're human. 

That doesn't give them any more reason to stay away from us than any other animal that stays away from us. 15,000 reports say so. Prove they exist first, then make your pseudo-factual claims. Because if they do then then maybe one would get more serious about the action they would take on their behalf. And that goes for everyone else as well. The problem is one of desensitized thinking. It's tough enough to comprehend such a creature existing if they do without seeing the deep apathy toward their possible demise. If they are real then apparently gov has not killed them off so why should anyone else see them die out because of inaction?

12 minutes ago, hiflier said:

That doesn't give them any more reason to stay away from us than any other animal that stays away from us. 15,000 reports say so. Prove they exist first, then make your pseudo-factual claims. Because if they do then then maybe one would get more serious about the action they would take on their behalf. And that goes for everyone else as well. The problem is one of desensitized thinking. It's tough enough to comprehend such a creature existing if they do without seeing the deep apathy toward their possible demise. If they are real then apparently gov has not killed them off so why should anyone else see them die out because of inaction?

The quickest way to discover is by shooting one. Look at the petitions I linked….they are abysmal and are laughed at my the media. No where close to 100000…… And then who says government will do anything with the petition?

So what caliber are you packing into the Maine woods?

I may never shoot a big bore again I officially have a non sternal Union. And the doc told me to live with it…..🤨

Anybody have some 5.56 steel penetrator rounds?

57 minutes ago, hiflier said:

And the community, including the ones most powerful that influence the rest, are just going to stand by and watch them lose? And in North America no less?

I think the loss is inevitable, and we have no choice but to watch the extinction process complete itself.

49 minutes ago, hiflier said:

That doesn't give them any more reason to stay away from us than any other animal that stays away from us..........

You reject the concept of basic human rights and the determination of the U.N. regarding uncontacted peoples?

........Prove they exist first, then make your pseudo-factual claims........

I can't, and neither can you prove them false. My "claims" are theory, not fact, just like your claims on this forum. You are free to disagree with them.

.......If they are real then apparently gov has not killed them off so why should anyone else see them die out because of inaction?

I never opined that government is intentionally killing them off. I opined that they never densely populated anywhere in the first place, and that government has adopted a "leave them alone" policy with uncontacted peoples after a conquistador attitude that has dominated human interaction for the past 300,000 years. 

Moreover, I won't go so far as to opine that there is "inaction". There may be secret action that has already occurred. There may be secret action occurring now. There may have been well known actions (lands preservation and classifications) that have occurred which benefitted the species, but justified in other published or generalized reasons. For example, you can save their habitat by saving the habitat of spotted owls.

36 minutes ago, norseman said:

The quickest way to discover is by shooting one. Look at the petitions I linked….they are abysmal and are laughed at my the media. No where close to 100000…… And then who says government will do anything with the petition?

So what caliber are you packing into the Maine woods?

And the last 15 years has shown that how exactly? Because I certainly haven't seen anything even remotely quick about it. Do not hold up those "abysmal" petitioners as an example of how YOU would run things if it was YOUR program. It's hard for me to understand those who criticize but do nothing to better the situation. If petitions don't bear fruit try something else. If shooting one in the last 15-20 years has failed try something else. If going remote and camping in reportedly active habitat fails after decades then try something else. If FOIA's fail then try something else. I still think taking the USFWS directly head on is the way to go but it will take a village to accomplish that and no one wants to help out. I failed. Follow up emails weren't answered. I'm on their radar. So what. I don't care.

NAWAC nicked one. The GCBRO nicked one. Samples were taken. Smeja supposedly killed at least one. What ever happened with all, or ANY, of that? These are your peers. Do your homework. I already did mine. And before you or anyone else get all offended this isn't condescension. It's reality. If I don't care what gov thinks about me then you can bet your bottom dollar I care even less what this community thinks.

• Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, Huntster said:

You reject the concept of basic human rights and the determination of the U.N. regarding uncontacted peoples?

Wrong! You're talking about people known to exist. But, FYI, I'm also familiar with the IUCN ans CITES.

49 minutes ago, Huntster said:

My "claims" are theory, not fact

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

They're human. 

IDK, Huntster, looks pretty factual to me ;) and only reinforces that gove has its hand in all tills and controls the narrative.

Edited by hiflier

23 minutes ago, hiflier said:

And the last 15 years has shown that how exactly? Because I certainly haven't seen anything even remotely quick about it. Do not hold up those "abysmal" petitioners as an example of how YOU would run things if it was YOUR program. It's hard for me to understand those who criticize but do nothing to better the situation. If petitions don't bear fruit try something else. If shooting one in the last 15-20 years has failed try something else. If going remote and camping in reportedly active habitat fails after decades then try something else. If FOIA's fail then try something else. I still think taking the USFWS directly head on is the way to go but it will take a village to accomplish that and no one wants to help out. I failed. Follow up emails weren't answered. I'm on their radar. So what. I don't care.

NAWAC nicked one. The GCBRO nicked one. Samples were taken. Smeja supposedly killed at least one. What ever happened with all, or ANY, of that? These are your peers. Do your homework. I already did mine. And before you or anyone else get all offended this isn't condescension. It's reality. If I don't care what gov thinks about me then you can bet your bottom dollar I care even less what this community thinks.

Imagine if we had 100000 hunters in the woods?

Thought experiment. Pick one.

Would you rather have a 100000 signature petition sent to Washington DC?

Or a dead type specimen in your control?

20 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Wrong! You're talking about people known to exist........

The policy is not restricted to those known to exist. 

.......IDK, Huntster, looks pretty factual to me ;) and only reinforces that gove has its hand in all tills and controls the narrative.

Okay, how's this:

"The Huntster theory of the government hands-off conspiracy is based upon the supposition that government long ago examined sasquatches physically and in the wild, determined that they were a relatively peaceful and reclusive species of the genus Homo, and decided that the best course was to simply give them as much space as possible and discourage disclosure in order to keep the public from disturbing them collectively and causing problems for both the species and government."

The "dead type specimen" of course. But it ain't gonna happen. Get a hold of Bobby Hamilton (GCBRO) and ask him what happened after they shot their "type specimen." Ya ain't got a 100,000 hunters in the woods. Ya got over 14,000,000 going after game animals just in 2022 with an estimated revenue of 45.2 billion bucks. Don't have a clue how many of those 14 million hunters would shoot a Bigfoot. I do know that 14,000,000 signing a petition would do something because even non-hunters who were believers would sign on. 

https://deltawaterfowl.org/national-survey-says-6-of-americans-hunt/

1 minute ago, hiflier said:

The "dead type specimen" of course. But it ain't gonna happen. Get a hold of Bobby Hamilton (GCBRO) and ask him what happened after they shot their "type specimen." Ya ain't got a 100,000 hunters in the woods. Ya got over 14,000,000 going after game animals just in 2022 with an estimated revenue of 45.2 billion bucks. Don't have a clue how many of those 14 million hunters would shoot a Bigfoot. I do know that 14,000,000 signing a petition would do something because even non-hunters who were believers would sign on. 

https://deltawaterfowl.org/national-survey-says-6-of-americans-hunt/

We aren’t talking about ducks.🙄

Add up all of the pro kill groups and you have only a hand full of people. Way way less than 14 million….

And I will sign petition, I have no problem signing a petition. It won’t go anywhere. But whatever.

But you won’t pack a gun in the woods. So get off your high horse!