Government involvement

norseman

Government Involvement  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Backdoc said:

.........There are those who work in an area where they think the amount of flush is important.  Maybe they are given the task to conserve water in Arizona from a shrinking Colorado river.   We have people working on solution in their own self-centered world for their job mission..........    

Yup. Their focus is water conservation, and government has expended $billions on their research, regulatory, and enforcement activities. Toilet flushing. Absolutely critical, no? Much more important than the potential death of another Homo species, right? 

.......How many people tasked with low volume toilet flush care about Bigfoot?    Why would they?   

Yup, again; the toilet flushing scientists and police don't likely get calls from people who had a sasquatch cross the road in front of them, and if they did, my bet is that they're still laughing about it. They don't care. I also doubt that they would even try to refer that call to a more appropriate government agent.

But what about the USFS? USFWS? NPS? Natural Resource Officer on Ft. Lewis? Sheriff's Department of Grey's County, Washington? Alaska Department of Fish and Game?

And if ADFG gets a call, does it come in to the Director's office, or the local Area Biologist of GMU 2 in the locality of the sighting? We don't know, even though we know that the call was made........because we were the one making the call. We don't know because, we're told, they don't keep records on the issue..........at all. Zip. Nothing. Nada. Nyet. All you get is a wry smile with the vague replies.

It's sorta' like the reply that, "There's no evidence of widespread voter fraud!" even as you know that there's no need for voter fraud to be "widespread" in order to throw an election. But that doesn't mean that there wasn't voter fraud, and it doesn't mean that the election wasn't effectively rigged.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Yup. Their focus is water conservation, and government has expended $billions on their research, regulatory, and enforcement activities. Toilet flushing. Absolutely critical, no? Much more important than the potential death of another Homo species, right? 

The reason so much money is spent on water is the massive level of importance of the need for water.  

Bigfoot doesn't have this same level of concern.

Yup, again; the toilet flushing scientists and police don't likely get calls from people who had a sasquatch cross the road in front of them, and if they did, my bet is that they're still laughing about it. They don't care. I also doubt that they would even try to refer that call to a more appropriate government agent.

100% true.

But what about the USFS? USFWS? NPS? Natural Resource Officer on Ft. Lewis? Sheriff's Department of Grey's County, Washington? Alaska Department of Fish and Game?

If any of these agencies were in the area of wildlife concern, I think it's likely they would be concerned.  Some in the group would take it more seriously than others.   I do think any part of our government in the area whose job or mission related directly or near directly to wildlife would care.

And if ADFG gets a call, does it come in to the Director's office, or the local Area Biologist of GMU 2 in the locality of the sighting? We don't know, even though we know that the call was made........because we were the one making the call. We don't know because, we're told, they don't keep records on the issue..........at all. Zip. Nothing. Nada. Nyet. All you get is a wry smile with the vague replies.

Could mean there is something to it or it might not.   I would rather they took it seriously and recorded a report.  If they didn't it may not mean anything.

It's sorta' like the reply that, "There's no evidence of widespread voter fraud!" even as you know that there's no need for voter fraud to be "widespread" in order to throw an election. But that doesn't mean that there wasn't voter fraud, and it doesn't mean that the election wasn't effectively rigged.

Actual investigation in my state showed there were 5 cases of voter fraud out of 100'000s of votes case in a state with 3 million people.   While it technically existed, it was so rare that more people died from coconuts hitting them on the head that cases of voter fraud.   3 of those 5 were previous felons who were told their vote had been restored.  That means really there were only 2 intentional fraudulent voting attempts. 

The election was not only not rigged but those who continue to perpetuate the myth somewhat are rigging the perception.   They must be doing this to satisfy those who need to believe it.   

When it comes to matter of truth look at one is willing to present to a court and enter as evidence to a court.  Don't go on what they will say on the courthouse steps where they have no obligation to be truthful outside of a court session. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Backdoc said:

The reason so much money is spent on water is the massive level of importance of the need for water.  

Bigfoot doesn't have this same level of concern.………

Some folks believe that some measure of concern is appropriate. It doesn’t have to be an effort like the Space Race. Like, maybe, data collection, even if it’s not sought…….like when terrified people come in to your office. 

I know of two cases in Washington state when different sheriffs were contacted and they investigated. In both cases deputies casted footprints and kept them for evidence. No hiding, no lies, just the response that they’re there for.

But no. Nothing. Zip. Nada. Nyet.

Or so we’re told……..

………Actual investigation in my state showed there were 5 cases of voter fraud out of 100'000s of votes case in a state with 3 million people.   While it technically existed, it was so rare that more people died from coconuts hitting them on the head that cases of voter fraud……..

If government investigated and found that just five cases of the thousands of Sasquatch reports were actual sasquatches, guess what that would mean?

But they don’t investigate, do they? There’s no widespread (compelling, convincing, undeniable, convincing, irrefutable, etc) evidence that sasquatches exist. So we don’t need to investigate.

• Upvote 1

I've said it many times before but I'll say it again. Should this creature exist, then one needs to look at everything in the picture when it comes to knowledge of this thing's reality. One cannot simply be looking at the gov in DC when it comes to who knows and who doesn't know. One needs to also plug in the Canadian border and the super surveillance technology that exists there. AI or no AI a Human, or a group of Humans has to eventually evaluate the data.

And in the decades before AI, especially those two decades between 911 and AI's current implementation, it stands to reason that border personnel has to put boots on the ground when their surveillance systems detected a crossing of any sort, Human or otherwise. Because until whatever boots on the ground caught up with the interloper there was no way to identify if the intruder was a Sasquatch or a Human until a face to face encounter occurred.

Reports on those incidents would necessarily be recorded, filed, and collated, as it would have been the only way to determine if a growing North American Sasquatch population would be a greater risk for public discovery due to more and more frequent encounters by that public. This would also go into forcing whatever Sasquatch pockets of existence into more remote wilderness areas and away from even rural regions developed and inhabited, or even just visited, by Humans.

Edited by hiflier

6 hours ago, Backdoc said:

Simple.  Out of that giant government, a very small % of people would be kept in the loop on an alien invasion.   They would do what they could to hide the fact from most of the rest of the government as well as the public.  The fewer in the know the better.   Other parts of that same government would NOT help such a cover-up and might even investigate "why were we not told" or 'the public has a right to know".   

Most every Government employee in the USA who gets a W2 from the government would know nothing about such an Alein invasion and would not in any way be used to cover up such an issue.

Take a look at the nuclear bomb development in the 1940's.   The pathway there would best explain what the government would do and how they would go about it.  Also, it would further explain the limitation they have in our society to keep quiet and so on in spite of all that unified effort.  

Finally, UFO Aliens keep in mind the USA does not have a franchise on speaking for the entire world.   Why would an alien even come to the USA as it is mostly an empty country where India and China alone would account for half the world's population?   I won't even begin to get why they would come to our tiny spot in the universe to begin with.

I'm interested in the PGF (thus Bigfoot by association) so I am interested but many are not.  My personal opinion is the government would see the issue as too small to concern itself with.   Few if any at all in the entire government would have a mission to care about bigfoot as it relates to their job.  Whomever is interested are just employees who go home for dinner every night like me.  Their interest is separate from their job any more than their favorite baseball team.  

If you or others had a sighting or whatever I don't discount that.  The Q is, what does your experience really mean on a scale of significance to the government?   Assume the PGF is real for a min.  The government and academia barely gave it a look then and not much now.   But the government let's Gimlin live and don't even stop him from talking at conference or making YouTube videos.

Just because someone makes something unavailable to us does not mean they are part of a conspiracy or even mean they disagree with your idea.  I can right now put forward an idea about who killed Kennedy in Dallas 1963.  Yet, unless I am a top TV show like NOVA or a member of the Kennedy family, I am not going to get any special permission to see the autopsy photos.  Does that mean they are trying to hide something from me?  Not at all.  They are preserving the items until needed to be viewed by well-credentialed people for well-informed reasons.   

I'll admit I have over explained myself here.  in no way have I contradicted myself.   Each thing is selective based on its own set of circumstances.  

Well, I am not buying the idea Big Government has its act together at all with UFO's/Aliens.   There isn't any evidence they have their act together about UFOs.   If we know anything about UFOs it means the cat is out of the bag so the government violated rule #1.   I do not think any Tic Tac UFO is any alien from another planet.   Don't believe Bob Lazars stories, and so on.

Even if everything a conspiracy theorist believes about UFOs/Aliens were true it has nothing to do with Bigfoot.

Here is a final perspective problem I have:    in Iowa I have never had an encounter with Bigfoot.  if I did, just like Bob Gimlin I would, "know what i saw and I don't care if you believe me or not, I know what I saw" Since I have not ever had such an encounter and don't expect to here is Iowa, it's more likely I'm more open to thinking Bigfoot might not exist.  If I did have an encounter, I would know it did exist and I could ponder deeper meaning even if other didn't believe me.

Government conspiracy have become a fad lately and they have bleed into too many areas of our society to the point some people don't even know for sure that we landed on the moon.  

I have no idea why you cannot grasp that Bigfoot might very well be a big deal to the government. Obviously it is because there is absolutely NO WAY they have not detected it. Who keeps the secret, how the secret is kept, why they throw shade at the subject and make fun of it? All speculation. What is absolutely not speculation is the 800 billion dollars the DOD spends each year on defense. Not counting black budgets, and ever other federal agency that has a law enforcement wing that would be out there in the field observing. BLM, NPS, USFS, USFW, Border Patrol, etc…. It’s well over a trillion dollars worth of surveillance. 

You can live in Iowa and not think anything is going on. But I have too much experience under my belt to not think something is going on.

And according to the poll I ran? You’re in the 12% minority. 88% think there is something going on. 🤷‍♂️ Your welcome to believe what you want to believe. I am obviously not going to convince you.

19 minutes ago, norseman said:

I have no idea why you cannot grasp that Bigfoot might very well be a big deal to the government.

I grasp it easy as a concept.   I simply don’t believe it.   

You can live in Iowa and not think anything is going on.

As I pointed out, living in the Midwest and never having a personal sighting makes it easier for me to dismiss Bigfoot even exists ( if I was ever inclined to).   Clearly if I was raised in the PNW I might have an entire network of people who had encounters or know some who had.   If I had a sighting that would settle it for me.   Just pointing out why I might be less likely to believe it.  

But I have too much experience under my belt to not think something is going on.

no problem and if I had similar experience I might very well be on the same page.   

Oh, and the poll just asked if the government “knows” about Bigfoot.   That means different things to different people.  

And according to the poll I ran? You’re in the 12% minority. 88% think there is something going on. 🤷‍♂️ 

4 hours ago, Huntster said:

Some folks believe that some measure of concern is appropriate. It doesn’t have to be an effort like the Space Race. Like, maybe, data collection, even if it’s not sought…….like when terrified people come in to your office. 

I know of two cases in Washington state when different sheriffs were contacted and they investigated. In both cases deputies casted footprints and kept them for evidence. No hiding, no lies, just the response that they’re there for.

But no. Nothing. Zip. Nada. Nyet.

Or so we’re told……..

I want law enforcement or game wardens or anyone we can think of to take any encounter, prints, or reports the same as if it were any known animal.   If or when they don’t I explain it more by apathy than conspiracy.     

If government investigated and found that just five cases of the thousands of Sasquatch reports were actual sasquatches, guess what that would mean?

I’m with you there.   This has been why my primary interest is the Patterson Gimlin Film.  If it’s real then everything else could be a hoax and Bigfoot still exists or at least did at the time of the filming.  It only takes one.  

But they don’t investigate, do they? There’s no widespread (compelling, convincing, undeniable, convincing, irrefutable, etc) evidence that sasquatches exist. So we don’t need to investigate.

They should triage their priorities.   Bigfoot should reasonably be one of them .   Just way down the list.   

2 minutes ago, Backdoc said:

I want law enforcement or game wardens or anyone we can think of to take any encounter, prints, or reports the same as if it were any known animal.   If or when they don’t I explain it more by apathy than conspiracy...........

I mostly agree. Apathy and dismissiveness plays a huge part in this. But there is also an intentional decision not to take this thing up. Nothing else explains the official reaction to the PGF by the state of California and National Forest Service. Nothing. They know, and they've been completely silent about that film for half a century.

• Like 1

Yes but who makes any effort to take the issue of existence to the goal line? Who in the last ten years has actively sought out the truth where the truth actually lives regarding the reality or whatever of this creature? This thread's eleven pages talks about anything and everything but that. How come? Why does discussion only ever get to a certain predictable level and then just quit after all the usual and expected finger pointing?

Edited by hiflier

27 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Yes but who makes any effort to take the issue of existence to the goal line? Who in the last ten years has actively sought out the truth where the truth actually lives regarding the reality or whatever of this creature? This thread's eleven pages talks about anything and everything but that. How come? Why does discussion only ever get to a certain predictable level and then just quit after all the usual and expected finger pointing?

Because nobody has the power to change it. There's an old saying that you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. This is especially true when that horse is government.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

30 million people who think the creature is real could change a lot.

Yup, and I'm not sure all the changes would be good. After considering why government might intentionally discourage disclosure, I actually agree with it. The U.N. and the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights have adopted a policy of maintaining non-contact with tribes of Homo sapiens who prefer to be left alone. As a guy who treasures all the solitude I can get and prefers to live in an area with as few people as possible, I appreciate that spirit. And it's clear that sasquatches really don't want to chum up with us.

5 minutes ago, norseman said:

Ironic statement from one of your links:

........A question—who, if he or she actually spots Bigfoot, would actually try to harm him? That person is obviously going to take some digital photos and sell them to whatever the Canuck equivilent of TMZ.com is.........

You're the ardent sasquatch assassin, aren't you?

16 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Ironic statement from one of your links:

You're the ardent sasquatch assassin, aren't you?

Well. I don’t drive a Batmobile and have a blood oath or anything…..

But I know plenty of buddies that wouldn’t be snapping pictures. Me included.

So the statement kinda reminds me of Bacdoc…. Why would the government care about Bigfoot? He is applying his own morality unto others. Why would anyone harm Bigfoot? Ummm there are lots of people that would kill Bigfoot in a heart beat. And it’s probably a very very old vendetta. Which is why he is the hide and seek champion.

Ape canyon

Bauman

Numerous eastern stories

The Moose hunter in Canada

Russell Annabel

Nahani headless valley

It’s a war with casualties on both sides that’s been going on a very long time. Plenty of conflict.

• Haha 1