What Do You Know You Haven't Told Us?

BFF Patron

Certainly works for me in my limited observations over several years of scratching my head about why would they be here in certain circumstances.

This will probably sound crazy, but I think we're Bigfoots main source of entertainment. I think they study us more than we study them. I think most sightings occur when they are trying to get close to us for their own curiosity and entertainment. I also believe music plays a huge part, from personal experience and dozens of related reports I've taken over the years.

D

Completely agree.

Fort Lewis, Washington, August '83: Given the four and a half years I spent running around in the dark at night there, I'm amazed I didn't have more than the one Class B encounter. That night I was commander of the post guard. Two privates alone at a guard post were heating C Rations. And something apparently loved the smell of the Ham Slices in "Juice" (I've got to say they were pretty good when you were ravenous and the "juice" was warm enough to be liquid). It approached and aggressively vocalized for fifteen minutes or so, trying to persuade them to run away and leave the food behind. When my driver and I arrived to check the post, it vacated.

You speak the truth my friend! I had to smile with that memory, those were the days before all the fancy mre's, they are like gourmet now compared to the chicken a la king's of our day ! LOL Thank you for posting them love your accounts!

You speak the truth my friend! I had to smile with that memory, those were the days before all the fancy mre's, they are like gourmet now compared to the chicken a la king's of our day ! LOL Thank you for posting them love your accounts!

They have not changed all that much, you still get ham slices, Tai Chicken, chile mac, Captains Carib. chicken and the four fingers of death : ) But there are also hamburgers, Burritos and some other new stuff added. Still..it all tastes the same after a few weeks. Thank God for the hot sauce and Ranger pudding...I have written blank checks in exchange for the poundcake. :rolleyes:

Back when I was there, Ft Lewis was the "High Technology Test-Bed". Served in the first Dune Buggy battalion, among other things. Back then they were literally Chenoweth dune buggies that had been converted to military use.

Anyway, we got to test all the new "rations" too. There were some that were fantastic and we never saw them again. Others were lousy, and we kept seeing them. There was one "cake" in the first MRE's that had grains of "rice" in it. Turned out not to be rice.

I really miss Yakima Firing Center, though. Spent a total of thirteen and a half months running around that place in every conceivable weather condition and time of night or day. Knew it like the back of my hand. Miss my old quarter-ton jeep, too. Have you ever driven a vehicle that felt like it was an extension of your own body? Always fun to take it down the eight food wide switchback on the north side of Umtanum ridge on a moonless night in blackout drive.

Back when I was there, Ft Lewis was the "High Technology Test-Bed". Served in the first Dune Buggy battalion, among other things. Back then they were literally Chenoweth dune buggies that had been converted to military use.

Anyway, we got to test all the new "rations" too. There were some that were fantastic and we never saw them again. Others were lousy, and we kept seeing them. There was one "cake" in the first MRE's that had grains of "rice" in it. Turned out not to be rice.

I really miss Yakima Firing Center, though. Spent a total of thirteen and a half months running around that place in every conceivable weather condition and time of night or day. Knew it like the back of my hand. Miss my old quarter-ton jeep, too. Have you ever driven a vehicle that felt like it was an extension of your own body? Always fun to take it down the eight food wide switchback on the north side of Umtanum ridge on a moonless night in blackout drive.

Sounds fun. There have been a few reports from Fort Lewis of BFs being seen during maneuvers. Did you hear about them?

Being a researcher in Australia has its good points and its bad, for example

When a nut case gets in contact with you and tells you a tale about the things yowies can do.

- push a bogged car out of a bog

- they don't like being laughed at

- they just love to listen to music under ones house

- can rewire the underside of a house

- not to mention the repair fences.

These hairy guys are handy to have around, I wonder what they'd charge. These were claims from a women who has them basically living on here back porch, she may need a little help perhaps :unsure:

When they don't want you to see them they duck their head, look down, or crouch down. Lay low, so to speak, or at least look down, because then they look like a tree instead of a tree with a head.

Edited by Kings Canyon

Sounds fun. There have been a few reports from Fort Lewis of BFs being seen during maneuvers. Did you hear about them?

There were rumors and tall tales that I heard about Ranger patrols and A Teams running into them at night during training at the base of Mt Rainier. In my opinion, they were all embellished to the point that they had little value from a detail perspective. That said, the core fact that one such group had run into one or more bigfoot while on patrol at night seems plausible to me. I'd be surprised if it hadn't happened at least once. Usually, the tales involved a group patrolling (without ammo), expecting to run into another human group of opposing forces, running into a group of bigfoot woodknocking or making calls in the dark instead, maneuvering against the "opposing force", having the bigfoot at some point confront them, and then the patrol withdraws under barrage by thrown rocks and other objects.

Guest Tsalagi

This is a whacky theory and somewhat gross but it kind of makes sense. has anyone ever tried or heard of someone using a used "feminine hygene product" to lure in a bigfoot?? though, ive heard of researchers using primate pharamone chips. just a thought...

That's an interesting theory. Just recently I have heard of catfishermen using tampons as a lure. I've seen a number of applicators laying around the rivers and lakes which does make me wonder as I really don't think that many women change outdoors.

Guest Tsalagi

I suspect I may have saw one years ago as a teen and didn't realize it at the time. I used to drive the long route to school driving through the country as it was rather enjoyable and peaceful in the mornings. On this one back road there was this odd like shack built on just a piece of land in between where the road forks right and left going around it. The fact that a building was basically in the middle of road was odd enough. It was just an old country shack, not really big enough to call it a house but it was obvious it had stood there for a long time. My mom and I used to talk about the shack a lot because it just seemed mysterious and we always wondered if someone lived in it or if there was anything neat inside, such as old antiques and furniture as we had an interest in that stuff. Then my interest was piqued when the door was suddenly cracked open as I drove by. I think there had been a big storm so the wind had probably opened it. Well I would drive by slow and peer out each day afterwards noticing the door would be a little more open some days and closed others. Always hoping to get a glance inside, but too scared to just stop and go inside as mom always said that might be somebody's home and they might shot prowlers. Well one early morning I drove by and the door was wide open, the sunlight was striking above the front door, so I all but stopped the car in front of the shack, looked and darn if there wasn't what I thought was an "old mountain man" staring point blank at me. All I saw was a super tall guy with long dark hair and a very long beard illuminated by the sun around his face. But it was too dark to see body or clothes. All I saw was long hair, face, beard with darkness below. When I got to school I called mom to tell her I was so excited and scared by this. Years later I saw a tall jet black hairy figure walking through the woods when I was out for a Sunday stroll. He had a long beard too, so just recently I keep reflecting back to man in the shack and wondering if it was a Bigfoot hiding out.

Guest Alpinist

What someone told me whom has studied the subject since 1965;

They (BF) have a belief in a Creator or God like supreme being.

They have their own legends, stories and fables - just like we do.

They have a social hierarchy beyond immediate family

They believe cameras steal a part of their souls when taking pictures of them

They consider us humans to be their mortal enemies

Edited by Alpinist

What someone told me whom has studied the subject since 1965;

They (BF) have a belief in a Creator or God like supreme being.

They have their own legends, stories and fables - just like we do.

They have a social hierarchy beyond immediate family

They believe cameras steal a part of their souls when taking pictures of them

They consider us humans to be their mortal enemies

Did the person happen to say how they knew all this?