What Do You Know You Haven't Told Us?

Guest thelion

Because I saw a Sasquatch many years ago up close and saw that he is not monkey/ape/gorilla type being. They look like a really tall hairy man. Skunk Ape to me is 100% proven with the closeup photographs that came out of Florida. Its likely some sort of gibbon type creature which has probably gotten to America via private collectors or zoos. The reports out of Southeast of the skunk ape all suggest a smaller ape type creature that stinks. The hair covered man I saw did not leave an odor. Some of the more bizarre bad behaviors reported I think are skunk apes as all the monkey type creatures are well known for no pun intended acting like animals. I also believe old Native American stories including my tribes which do go into great detail of how Sasquatches were a tribe of men. If you notice the Skunk Ape reports come out of the Southeast and seem to have originated in Florida which is well known for its many zoos and fanatical animal collecting in places like Monkey Island. The Floridian climate and that of much of the Southeast is mild enough to support an ape from a warmer climate. It would never survive the Pacific Northwest. Some of their territories just overlap as all of the US pretty much belongs to Sasquatch.

There are many Bigfoot sighting in Florida from credible sources that describe a manlike creature walking on two legs. I think you're jumping to conclusions by saying the hundreds of sightings were just escaped or let loose apes based on the couple of pictures you have seen. Although I'm sure there are many monkeys and apes loose in the Everglades I don't think thats what people have been seeing and reporting for many years.

Guest JiggyPotamus

In response to assorted posts...If we accept that the animals do exist, then we also should accept that they have spread at least across the continental United States. This is logical given what we know of most animals, although it isn't necessarily a given.

Knowing what I know of ecology, which isn't all THAT much, there would be much competition between the animals for territory, which to them means food. It is possible that the animals with a genetic predisposition, ie allele frequencies, for larger sizes have chased out the smaller and weaker of the species, who in turn have bred with one another, resulting in a smaller sized population overall in the regions farther away from the PacNW...

This is highly speculative, I know, but possible nonetheless. If the animals did in fact migrate over the Bering Land Bridge, the PacNW would have provided them with a perfect habitat for survival, so they would have had zero need to move on to other territories, unless of course they were, as I said, forced to.

So if we believe the NA tales, any "wars" that have taken place between different factions of the species would probably have arisen due to territorial disputes over resources.

As far as the feminine hygiene products, I have read one story, which I'm sure everyone else has read as well, of the man who tied a used tampon to a string and drug it around near a body of water, along with placing pheromone chips, and he had to spend an entire night high in a tree he tied himself to, due to an aggressive sasquatch. Coincidence? Maybe, but is it possible the animal thought there was some correlation between this person and a potential sasquatch mate? Not that he wanted the man for a mate, lol, but that the animal somehow thought this man was competition? I doubt it, and am basically just thinking out loud here.

I definitely agree that they would have to have some specific type of perception of humans, either due to encounters or familial and/or cultural upbringing. I also just wanted to say, since I have seen that some on the forums always seem to ask "how do you know that," that most of what we discuss here is just speculation. We hypothesize based on what evidence each of us finds credible, and due to the fact that we do not all view the same evidence as credible, we will therefore have differing opinions. Even if you have seen the animal it can be hard to learn much about them, as most encounters are brief.

Just getting that out of the way. I have often wondered what the best method of attraction would be, and I see that a few users have mentioned music, so I may give that a try the next time I go into the forest. To answer the main question of the thread, I would "speculate," although not very confidently, that there is a possibility that the animals produce either a scent, or inaudible frequency of sound, that illicits a fear response in humans.

Or, more plausible, is that humans have some genetic predisposition to fear these animals. But, it would also seem that it may be humans who subconsciously pick up on some menial sasqui trait, whether scent, sound, etc, that initiates this fear response. There is SOMETHING going on there, as we all know, but is it simply a fear response due to the sheer size of the animal causing a fight-or-flight response, or is it more?

Another thing is that females squat down to urinate. I have often wondered if males do this as well, as I haven't read a single report of anyone seeing them urinate. I believe one report stated that a female squatted over the spot where a human had urinated, and did the same, in her mind probably masking the scent of the human urine. The weird thing with that though, to me at least, is that I thought this was predominately a male trait/action in most animal species...Is there any precedent for females doing this? Did I misread the report, and it was actually speculated to be a male animal that did this?

My son has been stationed at Ft. Lewis for the past 3 years (Airborne Ranger).

Knowing of all of the BF reports in the PNW I asked him half jokingly if he had ever seen one. He looked me dead in the eye and said, "don't laugh, they are definitely there". He acted very uncomfortable and wouldn't elaborate despite my pleading, so I wonder if the Army frowns upon their troops claiming to see Bigfoot.

He has told me of some of the places they hold exercises and it sounds like he has been in BF's living room, bedroom, and kitchen. Maybe he will tell me about it when/if he leaves the Army. Or maybe I will just pester him until he gives in.

I have to chuckle. I was stationed at Ft. Lewis for four and a half years in the mid-eighties and commanded a company just down the road from the Ranger Battalion. I had one class B encounter there where a bigfoot was trying to scare some privates away from their guard post so it could get the C-rations they were cooking (ham slices). It was hiding in the woodline screeling repeatedly so loudly that I could hear it a half mile away (sounded like a loose fan belt).

There were always third and fourth-hand stories floating around about encounters between the Rangers and bigfoot. I am certain that they were based on one or more factual encounters, but they all were, in my opinion, embellished with each retelling. The consistent theme was about nightime encounters with one or more bigfoot by a Ranger patrol with the result being that the bigfoot out-Rangered the Rangers in the woods in the dark.

No one has spent more time poking around at the base of Mount Ranier in stealthy groups fully equipped with night vision devices than the 2nd of the 75th (2-75th) Ranger Battalion. It would be of great value to hear their experiences.

I gather that the bigfoot started poking back as much as retreating where the Rangers are concerned. The Rangers often carry live ammo in their training as well, and conduct small unit maneuver exercises under live fire conditions in that area. I would be amazed if at some point over the decades there had not been an incident in which a young Ranger shot and killed a bigfoot. I'd also be amazed if there had not been an incident in which one or more Rangers were injured by bigfoot.

My impression is that there is now an "unofficial" policy regarding bigfoot encounters in the Ranger Bat that amounts to leave well-enough alone and don't ask don't tell. If the Rangers went public about their encounters, the probable result would be environmental restrictions on their prime training areas. No upside.

No one has spent more time poking around at the base of Mount Ranier in stealthy groups fully equipped with night vision devices than the 2nd of the 75th (2-75th) Ranger Battalion. It would be of great value to hear their experiences.

If the Rangers went public about their encounters, the probable result would be environmental restrictions on their prime training areas. No upside.

Maybe there is a Ranger forum where questions about Bf could be asked?

My impression is that there is now an "unofficial" policy regarding bigfoot encounters in the Ranger Bat that amounts to leave well-enough alone and don't ask don't tell. If the Rangers went public about their encounters, the probable result would be environmental restrictions on their prime training areas. No upside.

http://www.armyranger.com/bb/

Here is their forum. Let's ask and see if one tells?

BFF Patron

I don't know about bigfoot/sasquatch but they have a pretty good Danner boot thread.....lol.

Guest Tsalagi

Maybe there is a Ranger forum where questions about Bf could be asked?

http://www.armyranger.com/bb/

Here is their forum. Let's ask and see if one tells?

I think you are right about this. Probably military all over the world have had encounters with BF type beings. There's a little said about the Rock Apes in Vietnam, but I bet a whole lot more guys saw them than have ever gone public. BTW-Did you ask on that forum and if so which section is the question in? I just want to lurk.

Edited by Tsalagi

I did a quick search on the Ranger Forum for the terms bigfoot and sasquatch. Some there, not much. It looks like some on the board are wannabees. They're going to be the first, and least reliable to respond. It would be best if the questions were asked by one of the former special ops folks on our forum to filter out the bull.

Guest SwampMonster

There are stories of strange encounters coming out of Eglin AFB, FL just a few miles from me. Not so much from enlisted folks, but from hunters and civilian contractors.

An example is from a backhole operator dispatched to break a beaver dam that had flooded a dirt road used to access a bombing range. He claimed that a large, hairy, manlike creature stood and watched him operate for several minutes before vanishing into the woods. I searched, but didn't find an official report filed. Maybe somebody with more resources can turn something up? It was in the late 90's.

Eglin is a sprawling base (over 460,000 acres), mostly wooded with planted pines, numerous swampy areas, and abundant wildlife to include an out of control hog population, deer, gator, and black bear.