Enoch

Guest Primate

Guest Jodie

I vaguely remember Swamp Bandit explaining his screen name as being that of some folk hero so it's probably not a coincidence that the author calls himself John Ashley.

Guest Jodie

Oddly enough, I didn't find Autumn's book listed when I looked in the registry, but as the author, she owns it. I'm thinking those that self publish must not bother which might be why I didn't find this book either.

I seem to have lost track of all the bandits, I know there was atleast one poser, and thought we had identified Mike posting as swamp bandit here, who had a restraining order placed on him, for harrasing Autumn. That SB did say he was writing another book with another author and claimed he had lied to Autumn, but was still claiming he had seen a skunk ape.

Are there more swamp bandits?

BFF Patron

Self-published persons often have the ISBN owner as the publishing house as being the author of record unless they are quite careful who they do business with it seems.

Edited by bipedalist

Guest BFSleuth

As the previous link seemed to be incomplete, here it is again. John Ashley is the historical "Swamp Bandit". Florida's Jesse James.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ashley_(bandit)

The title seems to be a play on the title of the movie Letters from the Big Man. We have a book that can't be found except for a single store in the middle of Florida that gets its shipments mysteriously dropped off by "a guy in a truck"?

Are we being played again? It seems possible.

For now I'm going to call this a blobbook...

Until Cowgirl see's fit to scan the book cover and author info and post it here it's just ''mystery book'' to me. Surely we have a few members in FL who could track down the market it's sold at as well?

Thanks ThePattyWagon...good news!

Turns out it's not mandatory to have an ISBN number ....so info on a book would just be harder to find. :)

Jodie didn't SB say in one of his post that he was related to a bandit John Ashley. I'll check the whole thread back to see if I can find that.

Guest Jodie

I thought he said that is where he got his screen name, that's all that stuck with me, possibly because he was distantly related. It didn't mention John having any descendants from the bio I read on him.

Looks like the new book is as elusive as the creature its purported to be about...

Any attempts to scan the cover and post it, will only reveal a blurry undefined shape, that could be a book, but could also be other rectangular objects...

-A-