Catch and Release?

xspider1

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

Do what? Kill Homo sapiens in order to prove our existence to their science gods back home across the universe?

1 hour ago, norseman said:

So you believe that aliens successfully hunt and kill humans, and have never been killed by a human in self defense and successfully presented to the media? Or that government/media is actually clueless about aliens harvesting people?

Or, like my theory of sasquatches, the government knows all about it, and they cover it up?

3 hours ago, norseman said:

And as far as blowing holes in unclassified primates? They were the ones looking to rip my arms off and beat me with them….remember?

Xspider your problem is that you’re an idealist. You just don’t wanna face facts. No matter if Bigfoot army smears me all over ground? Or your hole in the ground traps one for 2 days???

It will take two type specimens to classify the species to science. Full stop.

I don't think they would be looking to rip your arms off until you try to harvest a male and a female to satisfy the alleged 'full stop' Scientific criteria (that I think we're still waiting for you to verify?)  🤷‍♂️

I don't need you to tell me what my problem is.  You're the one who seems to be stuck on the idea that Bigfoot will always rip Human arms off unless you shoot them first.  A live specimen, studied and then returned to their environment would be better than your, perhaps breeding pair of 2 massacred Hominins, any day, all day and every day; no matter what you perceive them to be.  Full stop indeed.

58 minutes ago, xspider1 said:

I don't think they would be looking to rip your arms off until you try to harvest a male and a female to satisfy the alleged 'full stop' Scientific criteria (that I think we're still waiting for you to verify?)  🤷‍♂️

I don't need you to tell me what my problem is.  You're the one who seems to be stuck on the idea that Bigfoot will always rip Human arms off unless you shoot them first.  A live specimen, studied and then returned to their environment would be better than your, perhaps breeding pair of 2 massacred Hominins, any day, all day and every day; no matter what you perceive them to be.  Full stop indeed.

You know what? I want to apologize to you.

This is your thread and you don’t need me in here telling you your idea cannot work. Good luck!

• Thanks 2

More imagination and creativity is needed for 'catch and release'. I do not know if modified surplus shipping containers in the way of 'camping trailers' have been tested.

A single axle container hooked to a pick up / tow vehicle looks almost normal in a campsite setting. Typical human smells and noises for a campsite. No electronic devices to scare them away. A lot of arts and crafts would be needed: attach single axle with or without brakes, tongue on front for towing, cutting in 'man door' on a side, license plate fixture with lights to be legal, drain holes in floor and small holes in overhead to let in starlight.

A piece of mobile equipment to change locations in a 4 season area. Storable.

There is a surplus of shipping containers currently. The steel containers are very strong. The strength is in the perimeter frame. Floor strength is questionable. 

There is the question of 'bait'. A 'bait pile of jelly doughnuts' is way too cruel. PETA would be on you quickly. Olfactory signaling is not animal selective.

What to use that has worked in the past? Chewbacca types.  A Wookie female warrior costume. The Chewbacca puppet toy 'Matilda' worked very well.  'Catch': many Homo sapiens sapiens were sucked in by 'Matilda'. If they have not self released by now, they are in trouble.

I am not sure where to find a Wookie costume. If a Wookie bait costume is deployed, campers who say "I have a bad feeling about this" should leave the campsite area.

43 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

More imagination and creativity is needed for 'catch and release'..........

Simple brutality has yielded results in the past with regard to the "catch" side of the equation in both the Jacko and Zana stories. Of course, there was no "release" afterwards. Both stories ended with the death (or assumed death) of the captured creatures, and I suggest that nobody is going to release one in the future, either, regardless what they say beforehand.

Good point, let's say you do capture one with the intention of releasing it later.  Assuming it's a fairly intelligent creature is it responsible to release it after you've ticked it off towards humans?  Wouldn't care to be the person stumbling across a recently released one in the woods somewhere....

If one is killed and, if they are fairly intelligent, non-solitary animals then, I suspect that the others will know what happened, and then seek revenge?  So, I still say capture and release is the best option.  The pit trap was just a thought, perhaps there is better way.

No worries, norseman, I appreciate your words. 🥹

• Like 1

Admin

I think you need to figure out what will atrack them to your trap first.

A dead animal won't do IMO. A live one?   an injured live one?  maybe

Or sex, you need a volunteer to take a bath in chimp/gorilla pheromones and hang out in the trap...  :lol:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, gigantor said:

........you need a volunteer to take a bath in chimp/gorilla pheromones and hang out in the trap..........

No. I won't do it.

• Haha 1

Maybe there is a Bigfoot expert somewhere that could recommend a way to lure one in..  :thumbsup:  I'm not going to say that there is no such thing as a 'Bigfoot expert' because there may be somebody out there that almost nobody knows about.  And, I don't yet accept any determination of what Bigfoot are, or are not.  I hate it when 'Science' says things like: this or that animal is extinct, or it doesn't exist, etc. etc.  They should always add the caveat: 'as far as we know'.  I'm pretty sure that, looking back, Science has been wrong as much, if not more, than it has been right.

I have to pass on the pheromone dip as well! lol   On the other hand, jelly donuts never seemed cruel to me.  :biggrin:

Curiosity works on many animals. A simple example is a house cat and large paper bag. Funny to watch.

Animals have to watch, follow/track, smell, lick, scratch, and bite/taste to name a few tactics so they can learn.

Unwashed horse blankets and unwashed horse tail hair. Simple low cost obtainable olfactory signaling. Not species specific though.

I tried this years ago in a 3 camera setting. The major problem was that I was busted putting up the first camera. Watched from over 90 feet away. I did not know until I checked the trail camera images on slide show mode. Despite being busted, I tested the local animal inventory. Buying horse blankets and horse tail hair off of ebay and craigslist  gets laundered  items with less 'horse effect'. I unraveled the horse blanket and made a wad of horse blanket fiber in a  block of ice. The block of ice concept was to deliver a scent with  a variable drip rate. The drip rate at night is slower due to cooler temperatures. Warm air flows uphill during the day and cooler air flows downhill at night. The idea was to olfactory signal uphill--downhill in a ravine. Your results may vary. Seemed like a good idea until the time came to hike uphill with a block of ice. My audience of black bears went crazy. They smelled horse, knew horse but could not find horse.

All animals watch horses. Patty watched horses.

Horseplay is good.

Edited by Catmandoo
text
  • Upvote 1

Many describe this as a relict homonid. Killing a relict homonid is murder. What does anyone gain by some nerds in a university saying "its real" when most of us already know? Killing is not the answer. 

• Upvote 1

Most of us ?  What % of the population constitutes “most of us”.   100% of the BF fandom probably constitutes less than 1% of the world.       It’s not as cut and dry as most would believe.   

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

If you include the bigfoot t-shirt, figurine, movie, documentary, camper, beef jerky, and other industries, you're percentages increase exponentially. They might not "know" that sasquatches exist, but they have a vested interest in keeping them alive, even if only in the minds of consumers. 

Edited by Huntster
  • Upvote 1