Catch and Release?

xspider1

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

If you include the bigfoot t-shirt, figurine, movie, documentary, camper, beef jerky, and other industries, you're percentages increase exponentially. They might not "know" that sasquatches exist, but they have a vested interest in keeping them alive, even if only in the minds of consumers. 

That is a great point, I did not consider that angle.  I was thinking more along the lines of ppl akin to BF forums amd discovery.   

43 minutes ago, Twist said:

That is a great point, I did not consider that angle.  I was thinking more along the lines of ppl akin to BF forums amd discovery.   

Yeah, and your percentage estimate of “true believers” was likely spot on. The commercialization of sasquatchery (outside of “true believers”) seemed to begin with the movie Harry and the Hendersons……the guy of your avatar. Now? I believe that the more commercialization that occurs brings more accepters (if not believers) into the phenomenon. 

Glickman was the first researcher to really touch upon the affects of mass media on sasquatch reports:

http://www.photekimaging.com/Support/rptcol2.pdf

His theory really opened my eyes to report validity. I believe that mass media exposure has a similar affect on acceptance and belief. We can see that affect with regard to UFO/UAP, circa 1947-today. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/28/2023 at 9:31 PM, xspider1 said:

Maybe there is a Bigfoot expert somewhere that could recommend a way to lure one in..  :thumbsup:  I'm not going to say that there is no such thing as a 'Bigfoot expert' because there may be somebody out there that almost nobody knows about.  And, I don't yet accept any determination of what Bigfoot are, or are not.  I hate it when 'Science' says things like: this or that animal is extinct, or it doesn't exist, etc. etc.  They should always add the caveat: 'as far as we know'.  I'm pretty sure that, looking back, Science has been wrong as much, if not more, than it has been right.

I have to pass on the pheromone dip as well! lol   On the other hand, jelly donuts never seemed cruel to me.  :biggrin:

The statement that there is no such thing as a bigfoot expert is laughable. Out of 100% of ANY field of study, who are the experts? The top 1%? The top 5%? When you line up 100 bigfoot "researchers" you are going to find 1-3 who know a LOT more than the others. I would contend that these are experts. The overall advancement (or lack thereof) in the field of Sasquatch research doesn't preclude some folks from just being more experienced and knowledgeable. 

21 hours ago, Twist said:

Most of us ?  What % of the population constitutes “most of us”.   100% of the BF fandom probably constitutes less than 1% of the world.       It’s not as cut and dry as most would believe.   

I don't research Sasquatch in order to prove it to people who think we are insane already. That is my point. 

• Thanks 1

Personally I really doubt the release element will come to pass. There will be overwhelming pressure from so many disiplines, so many agencies, not to mention concerned citizens worried about that "giant hairy man-ape" running amuck anywhere, that it will never be released. Who knows, the Smithsonian might come and claim it and hide it in a subbasement claiming they must have lost it somewhere....old habits die hard......

Of course catching one poses its own myriad of problems. Not only would the trap have to withstand the creatures adrenalin fueled strength, it may face the onslaught of the creatures companions if they're close enough to come to the subjects aid. Not to mention anyone or group of humans trying to extract the creature. That right there could end up providing the two type specimens and more (and even with the corpses of the subjects compatriots, I bet the first one STILL doesn't get released right there, for "scienc" of course )in light of the probability that only high powered large caliber weaponry is gonna hold back/stop any of these creatures determined to free it's companion. 

So in this example we see even more creatures killed in trying to extract the one we didn't kill. God only knows how many would persist until killed to save the one, or if witnessing just one killed by rifle would hold them back. Though there's always those pesky boulders flying through the forest... I kinda doubt all the hairless dwarves would make it out if the captured can call in back up in time.  

Catmandoo....cool thing with the ice block!

Edited by guyzonthropus

Sasquatch: "DANG! Juzmolo needs a portal, there it is! Bozanrooz needs a portal there it is. But ME? When I need one? Nope, they're never around?!!"

2 hours ago, NorCalWitness said:

The statement that there is no such thing as a bigfoot expert is laughable. Out of 100% of ANY field of study, who are the experts? The top 1%? The top 5%? When you line up 100 bigfoot "researchers" you are going to find 1-3 who know a LOT more than the others. I would contend that these are experts. The overall advancement (or lack thereof) in the field of Sasquatch research doesn't preclude some folks from just being more experienced and knowledgeable. 

I don't research Sasquatch in order to prove it to people who think we are insane already. That is my point. 

1 hour ago, guyzonthropus said:

Shouldn't have missed sasquatch class that day, Hiflier, simple as that! 

Big thumbs up there :rock:

^ very interesting comments!

One prevailing theme above  is that it will be very difficult to a capture a Bigfoot safely and unharmed.  Still, I think it could be done.

And, there’s the idea that a marauding band of Bigfoot will be on-site to rip the arms off of all participants before ‘Science’ can verify their existence.  Just imagine the evidence that could be captured if they attempted to do that!  It would be better than the Alien autopsy.

At the same time, it seems to me (as a newly designated idealist :rolleyes:), that our Field Researchers/Scientists could be protected from such a situation peacefully and without harm.

Edited by xspider1

Other than one video? I have seen ZERO concrete nuts and bolts plans proposed. 

Example:

We are gonna dig a Tiger pit for Bigfoot.

1) How deep does the pit have to be?

2) How wide does the pit have to be?

3) What are we gonna conceal the pit with?

4) If we capture a Bigfoot how are we gonna get it out of the pit? Or if we capture a known animal how do we get it out of the pit?

5) What if we encounter rock while digging the pit?

6) What if our pit fills up with water?

7) How do we warn humans to stay away from the pit?

8) What happens if we make a capture at night?

9) What happens if we make a capture in winter?

10? Should we reinforce the pit in case a mad clawing Bigfoot or Bear causes a cave in on itself?

These are just factors to think about off the top of my head. It doesn’t have to be a Tiger pit. It could be a snare. It could be a cage. It could be a net gun. Etc, etc.

Here is a Grizzly bear here that was snared, then tranquilized and radio collared.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2014/jul/20/priest-lake-area-male-grizzly-collared-for/

Good luck.

7 hours ago, norseman said:

Other than one video? I have seen ZERO concrete nuts and bolts plans proposed.

That's why I wrote The Sasquatch Hunter's Field Manual, the only book of its kind. But I also wrote it long before I got onto my DNA research which I now KNOW would show a novel primate in the environment- or at least a novel species of Human (and HAS) ;) Then let science have at it! Which it should have been doing a long time ago!!!

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

That's why I wrote The Sasquatch Hunter's Field Manual, the only book of its kind. But I also wrote it long before I got onto my DNA research which I now KNOW would show a novel primate in the environment- or at least a novel species of Human (and HAS) ;) Then let science have at it! Which it should have been doing a long time ago!!!

Yah. I KNOW because I helped you write it….

You keep saying that which is very misleading. Allow me to remind you how it went down. You had a website way back when. On that website you said to members in general that you recommend a pre-Remington guide gun for taking down a Sasquatch. I took that info and put it in the book. You wrote NOTHING. And why you keep blowing that up into making folks think you helped write the book is in serious error and totally beyond me. You didn't write one word of my book. NOT ONE. At that time you even offered to help fund the publishing and I refused your offer. And that's the whole truth of it, folks.

So take your selective, egotistical memory of things, Norseman, which is dead wrong, and shove it.

Edited by hiflier

5 minutes ago, hiflier said:

You keep saying that which is very misleading. Allow me to remind you how it went down. You had a website way back when. On that website you said to members in general that you recommend a pre-Remington guide gun for taking down a Sasquatch. I took that info and put it in the book. You wrote NOTHING. And why you keep blowing that up into making folks think you helped write the book is in serious error and totally beyond me. You didn't write one word of my book. NOT ONE. At that time you even offered to help fund the publishing and I refused your offer. And that's the whole truth of it, folks.

So take your selective, egotistical memory of things, Norseman, which is dead wrong, and shove it.

No. I was writing a book, and when you approached me with your project I shelved mine and helped you with yours. Because I really don’t care about taking credit for the book. I only care that the information gets out there. 

And my thanks for helping you with the book? Is being called names or even you acting like I am not aware of the book at all.

Here is proof that I was writing a book before you were. I was in the oilfield and working long hours and so I picked at it when I could.

http://projectgrendel.blogspot.com

There is nothing misleading here Hiflier. I am not trying to steal credit for your book. I am simply telling the truth. Much of the content of your book concerning hunting and collecting a type specimen are MY ideas….

All I ask is that I am treated with some respect and please stop shoving my nose in it! Is that too much to ask?🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 1

Admin

Warning: Stop derailing threads or else!

• Thanks 1