How have the "woo-woo" reports affected your opinion?

PNWexplorer

Hi, PNWexploere, may I play FRIENDLY devil's advocate? First off, your vehicle up fit is very impressing and not at all like the bare bones throw-together that I have been using off and on for the past three winters. Really. Good job, man.

Okay, points, Based on the no mention of anything actually head on? Ran into the road, yes, but no mention of a head-on collision. We are led to think there was one, though it not actually said. 60mph and "felt" the impact? The guy should have been through the windshield.

1) No impact damage= No head on?

2) One side covered in blood= No head on?

3) No dead of injured creature? The side of the car was "covered in blood" so it WAS injured. But not fatally, a lot of blood usually means an artery was hit so the surface of the inner thigh was abraded deep enough to damage a femoral artery.

Just putting this out there because I haven't "decided to discount them like Barrackman and Meldrum?" And again, only for the sake of discussion because it seems like Barackman and Meldrum have only had physical world experiences and evidence to go on and so no woo?

Edited by hiflier

The "woo woo" is poo poo to me.
It may be close minded of me to say so, but I see nothing paranormal about Sasquatch. It's a flesh and blood creature we have yet to get solid proof about...meaning a body. 

14 minutes ago, CelticKevin said:

It may be close minded of me to say so, but I see nothing paranormal about Sasquatch. It's a flesh and blood creature we have yet to get solid proof about...meaning a 

Lol 😂. Good description. 

I agree except so is the flesh and blood creature theory. 

20 minutes ago, CelticKevin said:

we have yet to get solid proof about...meaning a body

A good, realistic, and decent qualifier, which I agree with.

Edited by hiflier

Firstly, I don't believe that homo sapien is a "purely natural" creature. Religiously, we are widely accepted as spiritual as well, and that includes such gifts as prophesy, clairvoyance, mystical visions, etc. These gifts are not universal among our species, but those who exhibit such gifts commonly state that we all possess them and could use them if we understood and practiced them. 

Personally, I don't believe that sasquatches or other more primitive species of homo regularly practice such gifts, either. Only a fraction of homo sapiens do, and our species as a whole, despite our supposed knowledge, often even denies such activities. 

However, I'm quite certain that sasquatches possess and regularly practice the ancient wilderness knowledge, skills, and activities that our species perfected thousands of years ago and have, overwhelmingly, abandoned in favor of technology and fantasy.We have so abandoned the old way that when sasquatches (and other animals) use them, we are so amazed that we consider them supernatural. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I’m reluctant to say what Bigfoot are because I don’t know.  So, at the same time, I am reluctant to say what they are not.  The many sighting reports indicating that they can do things that we don’t understand beg to be explained because there’s no way that all such reports are false.

Good topic, imo. :thumbsup:

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Huntster said:

Firstly, I don't believe that homo sapien is a "purely natural" creature. Religiously, we are widely accepted as spiritual as well, and that includes such gifts as prophesy, clairvoyance, mystical visions, etc. These gifts are not universal among our species, but those who exhibit such gifts commonly state that we all possess them and could use them if we understood and practiced them. 

Personally, I don't believe that sasquatches or other more primitive species of homo regularly practice such gifts, either. Only a fraction of homo sapiens do, and our species as a whole, despite our supposed knowledge, often even denies such activities. 

However, I'm quite certain that sasquatches possess and regularly practice the ancient wilderness knowledge, skills, and activities that our species perfected thousands of years ago and have, overwhelmingly, abandoned in favor of technology and fantasy. We have so abandoned the old way that when sasquatches (and other animals) use them, we are so amazed that we consider them supernatural. 

That is a reasonable viewpoint as well; that Sasquatch is simply able to use some of the psychic gifts that man has either evolved out of, or lost over time.  There are many instances of humans being able to harness those gifts, so Sasquatch being more primitive and in tune with it's ecosystems, it makes sense that it can utilize things such as mindspeak and infrasound.

6 hours ago, CelticKevin said:

It may be close minded of me to say so, but I see nothing paranormal about Sasquatch. It's a flesh and blood creature we have yet to get solid proof about...meaning a body. 

When you say that you "see nothing paranormal about Sasquatch", what do you mean?  There are hundreds of accounts of paranormal activity associated with Sasquatch, including by Les Stroud of Survivorman.  So, either you are not familiar with hundreds of reports of such, or you have chosen to ignore them.  Which is it?

19 hours ago, PNWexplorer said:

So, per the title of the thread, how have the "woo-woo" accounts and sightings affected your opinion of what sasquatch is? 

No.   My opinion about what sasquatch is .. or MOST LIKELY is .. is based on personal experience.    I consider others' accounts less reliable as I cannot tell where they slip from observation to interpretation.

14 minutes ago, PNWexplorer said:

When you say that you "see nothing paranormal about Sasquatch", what do you mean?  There are hundreds of accounts of paranormal activity associated with Sasquatch, including by Les Stroud of Survivorman.  So, either you are not familiar with hundreds of reports of such, or you have chosen to ignore them.  Which is it?

Neither.  I choose not to be backed into accepting your artificial dichotomy.   

I am aware of purely scientific explanations which will account for most of the "woo woo" stuff, it just lies outside of areas of focus of most folks' educations.    Most folks are arrogant .. Dunning Kruger effect .. if they don't know about it, they assume it isn't there to know about.   When they don't have a rational explanation they slide to magical thinking to fill in the gaps.   Speculation, imagined and repeated, over time becomes mistaken for observation and fact.  

I am not saying the people are lying, they are merely ignorant.   The observations are valid, the interpretations are not, and most people can't keep the difference between the two straight.

MIB

• Like 1

I compare Sasquatch to Ninja.

Ninjas were supposedly magical, they could disappear into thin air, walk on water, stop sword blows, and climb sheer castle walls. They did all of these things, but they just were not magical. Just a lot of practice, planning and execution. The Viet Cong had a somewhat similar reputation. Another that comes to mind are the Apache. Masters of desert warfare. Modern snipers and ghillie suits. And many many other historical examples.

I have read reports of Sasquatch standing up after a hunter had glassed an area for hours, thinking the creature was a stump. I’ve read reports of Sasquatch walking on logs or in cricks to throw off trackers. Maybe like the Ninja or the Viet Cong they are primarily subterranean. We still discover new caves all the time.

I mean for all I know Sasquatch could be getting beamed up and down to Earth by a UFO.🤷‍♂️ BUT as MIB said, humans typically fill in blanks in knowledge with mysticism. There could be a lot of behavior that is conducive to their survival that we just don’t understand. I don’t even think our ancestors understood it fully. As most cultures ascribe a sort of boogeyman status to it.

They wear a brown ghillie suit 24/7. Roll in some mud and some leaves? You’re gonna hide in plain sight. Be mindful of your tracks, don’t use fire or tools, move often and travel light upon the land. And don’t go where humans congregate. This is how I would attempt to allude humans hunting me.

And if Sasquatch is not flesh and blood? It’s some sort of ghost? There is nothing I can do about that. At that point we might as well be a cat chasing a laser pointer. I personally am just not ready to accept that. The tracks I saw were real, my father saw them, something in this material world made them.

But with aliens and alien craft now apart of the congressional record now? Nothing would really surprise me anymore!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I’m torn bc my default position is its flesh and blood.   However, so much does not make sense.  Woo is an easy way to explain what doesn’t make sense but I really don’t buy into woo.   I’m torn on the subject but put a gun to my head I’ll say flesh and blood.   🤯🤯

Bigfoot is the only subject I even consider woo as a possible explanation.   I don’t believe in telepathy, ghosts etc.   I don’t believe in dog men, nessie, ferries Mothman etc.    

Edited by Twist

17 hours ago, Twist said:

Bigfoot is the only subject I even consider woo as a possible explanation.   I don’t believe in telepathy, ghosts etc.   I don’t believe in dog men, nessie, ferries Mothman etc.    

If there is woo-woo then, it seems to me, that there would be woo-woo-woo-woo.  I.e., if there is paranormal/supernatural activity out there then, why in the world/universe would that activity be limited to Bigfoot?  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, xspider1 said:

If there is woo-woo then, it seems to me, that there would be woo-woo-woo-woo.  I.e., if there is paranormal/supernatural activity out there then, why in the world/universe would that activity be limited to Bigfoot?  

I don’t dont have an answer for that.  I really don’t even believe in the woo,

I just realize it answers some mysterious questions.  🤷🤷

• Thanks 1