How have the "woo-woo" reports affected your opinion?

PNWexplorer

12 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

You can find at least 20 cams. Spiders and ants find them. The cams are poorly hidden if you can find them. If you see them, animals see them. "they litter every forest" Be careful where you relieve yourself There is a company in South Africa that makes camo material to conceal cams from poachers. It is visual based and does not attenuate evil EMF emissions. Works on humans. The material is called CamoHide. Was about $30.

The evil EMF is a problem. Plotwatcher trail cams are time lapse based and do not have any flash or PIR. Even when not takin an image, they emit periodic bursts of ultrasonic noise. 

A beam of something.  Active laser beam triggers are available but we can't see the light ( TrailMaster ). Birds migrate at night using their sensitivity to the magnetic fields of Earth. You can't see them flying at night unless they cross the illuminated disc of the moon. The peak wavelength of light reaching Earth is about 555nm. All animals have evolved to take advantage of that wave length. The difference between us and the animals that roam around in total darkness is they have more rods to use starlight. We are stinky and animals know this.

Dogs are supposed to be able to see dead people / ghosts. I don't have a dog so I have no idea if the claim is valid.

That's because you are not looking for them as most hikers passing through  an area . Start to look for them then see how many there are in areas where there is hunting allowed . Walk a game trail and don't focus on the trail , stop  look at the trees 

Edited by 7.62

27 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

Why would a Sasquatch which is suppose to be a mammal  evolve to have infrared vision ?  No  that isn't it in my opinion .

Good opinion.  The most infrared light is at solar noon. 'Night time / darkness' does not have infrared light. During day time, under the forest canopy, very little red light ( visible spectrum ) hits the forest floor. Measure the values with a color temperature meter. Vegetation likes blue, green and yellow light. Dichromatic forest animals have cones for blue-green light and lots of rods for night vision.

3 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

Good opinion.  The most infrared light is at solar noon. 'Night time / darkness' does not have infrared light. During day time, under the forest canopy, very little red light ( visible spectrum ) hits the forest floor. Measure the values with a color temperature meter. Vegetation likes blue, green and yellow light. Dichromatic forest animals have cones for blue-green light and lots of rods for night vision.

So I think it's pretty spot on they can't see trail cams , the scent of them ? I don't buy that because the forest is filled with unnatural scents from all the reasons I posted . The batteries or electrical energy ... again power lines cell phone towers all kinds of stuff emit energy and it's said they follow power lines because game does also so it rules out anything electrical . So now we are left with what ?

4 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

The batteries or electrical energy ... again power lines cell phone towers all kinds of stuff emit energy and it's said they follow power lines because game does also so it rules out anything electrical

I do not know how power lines fluctuate in regard to magnetic fields.

Trail cameras have a fluctuating regulated power supply with fluctuating AC and DC magnetic fields. Lots of evil EMF.

Animals use power line right-of-ways and clear cuts because walking / running is easier and faster. Ducking into the tree line if a threat appears is quick.

4 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

So now we are left with what ?

I need to find some kryptonite.

We are left with an animal that can, apparently, detect and block electromagnetic energy.  I see no other explanation.

“The terms light, electromagnetic waves, and radiation all refer to the same physical phenomenon: electromagnetic energy.”

https://science.nasa.gov/ems/02_anatomy#:~:text=The terms light%2C electromagnetic waves,can calculate the other two.

Edited by xspider1

11 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

I do not know how power lines fluctuate in regard to magnetic fields.

Trail cameras have a fluctuating regulated power supply with fluctuating AC and DC magnetic fields. Lots of evil EMF.

Animals use power line right-of-ways and clear cuts because walking / running is easier and faster. Ducking into the tree line if a threat appears is quick.

I need to find some kryptonite.

lol

3 minutes ago, xspider1 said:

We are left with an animal that can, apparently, detect and block light.

“The terms light, electromagnetic waves, and radiation all refer to the same physical phenomenon: electromagnetic energy.”

https://science.nasa.gov/ems/02_anatomy#:~:text=The terms light%2C electromagnetic waves,can calculate the other two.

And why would this mammal evolve over tens of thousands of years for that type of vision or senses ?, It wouldn't because it serves it no purpose until the last 40 years or so.

Wouldn't make any sense 

• Upvote 1

I changed "We are left with an animal that can, apparently detect and block light" to:  "We are left with an animal that can, apparently, detect and block electromagnetic energy.  You were too fast for me.  :rolleyes:

As to the how and why of their evolution?  I don't know. 

Is: "Because, they just did." ok?  lol

Really, fascinating subject! (shout to PNWexplorer)  Either don't "believe in them" or, accept that Bigfoot have "skills" that we don't understand.  If there is a middle road, I'd like to hear the theory(ies).

9 minutes ago, xspider1 said:

I changed "We are left with an animal that can, apparently detect and block light" to:  "We are left with an animal that can, apparently, detect and block electromagnetic energy.  You were too fast for me.  :rolleyes:

As to the how and why of their evolution?  I don't know. 

Is: "Because, they just did." ok?  lol

Really, fascinating subject! (shout to PNWexplorer)  Either don't "believe in them" or, accept that Bigfoot have "skills" that we don't understand.  If there is a middle road, I'd like to hear the theory(ies).

Or they are something else as the title of the thread asked :D

3 minutes ago, xspider1 said:

What do you think they are?

I'm not really sure and I have never seen one but I did see something once  that seemed to melt away right in front of my eyes .

I'm the opinion that   any  large animal wouldn't be able to stay this hidden for this long of a time . Sure in the early years of North America a couple of hundred years ago but now ? drones , trail cams , it doesn't make sense unless something else is in play here .

Who cares!?  :biggrin:    just joking

I think they are genetically altered primates, similar to the altercations that made Us 'human', yet very different.  Who or what altered them and Us, I don't know.  

In our case, there were sudden and extreme advancements in our abilities about 12,500 years ago (after the last Younger Dryas) from hunter/gatherer to farmer/astronomer that cannot be explained without advanced intervention.  Same with Bigfoot; except for building sky scrapers and walking on the moon, their abilities apparently include surviving in the woods without being 'discovered' via Ninja skills such as easily traversing in thick woods and perhaps blocking electromagnetism.  There are too many failed attempts to categorize them as 'just another Ape', imo.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, xspider1 said:

In our case, there were sudden and extreme advancements in our abilities about 12,500 years ago (after the last Younger Dryas) from hunter/gatherer to farmer/astronomer that cannot be explained without advanced intervention.

Or a natural phenomenon that messed with the DNA of all things on the planet, or at least one side of it, similar to a bollide (meteor) impact but more akin to a severe gamma or cosmic ray intrusion. The signature of such an event would be a high concentration layer of beryllium-10 (Be-10) and other isotopes in the Earth's soils and sediments, as well as in the ice cores. These isotopes get created when large cosmic ray bombardments occur and the cosmic particle influxes collides with atoms in our atmosphere. For this part of the discussion I present an older paper from the 1990's to show that this type of research isn't new: https://adsabs.harvard.edu/full/1987EM%26P...37..241L

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

As a quick follow up, from my years back studies of earth changes along with it's climate history, there was an enormous bombardment that occurred about 40,000 years ago. Can any of you recall what else was happening around then? First of all, there were quite a number of concurrent earth upheavals like the volcano fields in the areas in the region around Italy. But this cosmic event happened as well. A hint would be that around that time Neanderthal was going extinct. So I guess for me, a woo factor just makes me want to dig deeper into science.

Edited by hiflier