How have the "woo-woo" reports affected your opinion?

PNWexplorer

On 9/10/2023 at 12:59 AM, Twist said:

However, so much does not make sense.

Agreed, but I don't think "woo" is the answer, I think the answer is a mixture of their intelligence and our arrogance.    We presume we are unique in our intelligence and that no mere dumb animal can outsmart us.   I think this is the failure.   The animal isn't so dumb, we're engaging it on its turf, and we're too self-assured of our superiority to think we could be outsmarted / misdirected thus making it fairly easy to do both.    Remember the saying about it is easier to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled?   I think this is an aspect of that.

There is some weird though.   Much of it could .. whether it is correctly done or not .. be attributed to infrasound based on white papers I've read over the years.    The only thing that I find truly inexplicable is the eyesight because it should not be as acute in darkness and in light both at the same time from one set of eyes.   To that I speculate that the sheer size of the eyes allows for non-specialization to produce both effects adequately rather than having to specialize for either light vision or dark vision.    Guessing only though.

MIB

• Upvote 3

Very well said, MIB.  As a whole, we are a very arrogant species, to be sure.  Nature outsmarts us all the time.  I am reminded again of viruses which don't even have cells and which, most Biologists agree, are not even a life form.  If nature can do that and we, as a species, underestimate their abilities then just imagine what another advanced primate can do.  It boggles the mind.  :crazy:

7 hours ago, MIB said:

The only thing that I find truly inexplicable is the eyesight because it should not be as acute in darkness and in light both at the same time from one set of eyes.   To that I speculate that the sheer size of the eyes allows for non-specialization to produce both effects adequately rather than having to specialize for either light vision or dark vision.    Guessing only though.

The earth has been bombarded by sunlight, moonlight and star light for billions of years. Atmospheric particles can shift the color of light a small amount.

Full sunlight has a wavelength of about 580nm.

Full moon light is about 400nm.

Star light is about 555nm.

The rods and cones in animal vision systems have evolved to take advantage of a relatively narrow band in the electromagnetic spectrum.

Human maximum spectral sensitivity under daylight conditions is about 555nm (green). Night time is about 507nm ( blue-green).

Deer are about 545nm ( day light 665nm and night time about 470nm). Deer are dichromatic, 2 cones for color.

Bears have 2 cones.

Human vision evolved to have 3 cones and rods. Our concentration / distributions of rods is poor compared to dichromatic animals. The comparison to Sasquatch is unknown. We do great in daylight, bad in darkness.

Animals have very different rod amounts, concentrations and layout patterns in their eyes. Some have a tapetum lucidum. They move around in what humans would consider total blackout because they use starlight. Their eyes just have to change focus from near field to far field. Same  for day light and night time and not some fantastical wave length shift.

Light travels at 186,000 miles per second. Starlight that reaches Earth can be  'memory light' from a star that burned out a long time ago.

The amazing characteristic about starlight as seen on the chart, is that it  is constant through latitude changes. Clever animals learned that a long time ago.

Bottom numbers are latitude. I did not black out text. It is a government sponsored paper and we did not want the spies to see it in its entirety.

Illuminance levels_Bond_Henderson_1963.JPG

• Upvote 1

If any, and I mean any, of the woo woo is true, then we are more likely living in a simulation. None of it is repeatable, measurable or caught on tape.

The woo reports are either simple mistaken interpretation, psychotic break, or DNA memory projected into living memory by misidentifying something normal as not. (Or we live in a simulation) take your pick.

19 hours ago, MIB said:

Agreed, but I don't think "woo" is the answer, I think the answer is a mixture of their intelligence and our arrogance.    We presume we are unique in our intelligence and that no mere dumb animal can outsmart us.   I think this is the failure.   The animal isn't so dumb, we're engaging it on its turf, and we're too self-assured of our superiority to think we could be outsmarted / misdirected thus making it fairly easy to do both.    Remember the saying about it is easier to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled?   I think this is an aspect of that.

There is some weird though.   Much of it could .. whether it is correctly done or not .. be attributed to infrasound based on white papers I've read over the years.    The only thing that I find truly inexplicable is the eyesight because it should not be as acute in darkness and in light both at the same time from one set of eyes.   To that I speculate that the sheer size of the eyes allows for non-specialization to produce both effects adequately rather than having to specialize for either light vision or dark vision.    Guessing only though.

MIB

I don’t disagree with your premise.  They could easily be a more intelligent than most would assume.  But even the current most intelligent creatures will occasionally goof up and end up dead on the side of the road or via a hunter.     That is some of the mystery on the subject I speak of.   Given the totality of reports……the population should be large enough for an outlying issue such as an accident to have occurred.  

4 hours ago, Twist said:

………..the population should be large enough for an outlying issue such as an accident to have occurred.  

There are reports that such events have occurred. They simply did not result in “discovery”. That, too, strengthens the theory that discovery is being intentionally discouraged.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Doodler said:

If any, and I mean any, of the woo woo is true, then we are more likely living in a simulation. None of it is repeatable, measurable or caught on tape.…….

Eric Weinstein says that if we continue to worship at the altar of Einstein’s Theory of Relativity, we won’t advance to the next major breakthrough. It’s not that the ToR is incorrect. It’s incomplete.

We aren’t living in a simulation. Many realities are repeatable and measurable. The sasquatch phenomenon is simply incomplete. And as long as academia and government discourage discovery, it will remain that way, and bizarre claims will continue.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Huntster said:

There are reports that such events have occurred. They simply did not result in “discovery”. That, too, strengthens the theory that discovery is being intentionally discouraged.

I’m not opposed to the idea that discovery is being suppressed.   Our govt suppresses a lot.   What I question is this.   Suppression on this level would include a number of low level gov’t employees as well as civilians.   I have little faith in low level employees and civilians keeping things secret for so long.  We are at the point suppression goes back to as far as the 15th century just for the US of A.   

53 minutes ago, Twist said:

.........What I question is this.   Suppression on this level would include a number of low level gov’t employees as well as civilians.   I have little faith in low level employees and civilians keeping things secret for so long.  

Many low level employees have quite openly disclosed. Paul Freeman and Lyle Laverty was such cases. And all their agency needed to do was ignore them. 

What is more troublesome in the theory than low level employees is foreign governments, specifically Canada, Russia, China, and India. They would have to be involved, too........and I believe they are.

........We are at the point suppression goes back to as far as the 15th century just for the US of A.   

I don't think it needs to go back that far. Modern Science itself isn't really that old. But certainly the era of Darwin (1850's) can be considered a good starting point, and most certainly the era of Muir (1880's) can be considered. By the 1950's, when the activities of the Bluff Creek timber leases, the government was not going to allow discovery.

15 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Many low level employees have quite openly disclosed. Paul Freeman and Lyle Laverty was such cases. And all their agency needed to do was ignore them. 

What is more troublesome in the theory than low level employees is foreign governments, specifically Canada, Russia, China, and India. They would have to be involved, too........and I believe they are.

I don't think it needs to go back that far. Modern Science itself isn't really that old. But certainly the era of Darwin (1850's) can be considered a good starting point, and most certainly the era of Muir (1880's) can be considered. By the 1950's, when the activities of the Bluff Creek timber leases, the government was not going to allow discovery.

Ultimately, where I stand is this.   Given the number of witness reports, across 49 US states,  we should have some a more solid evidence or proof.  The fact we don’t is mind boggling.   I can accept it’s way more intelligent, way more adept at living and avoiding us than any other living species.   But to consider it infallible, to this point of time of dash cams, security cams etc.   Seems unbelievable.    I acknowledge I may be 100% wrong on every aspect.  It’s just my opinion.   I don’t have any answers.  Like everyone else I only have WAG’s.   

I don’t expect one to run onto a busy highway or, to sit on a road until they get hit by a car or truck.  Although, that has been reported, it seems like it would be an extremely rare occurrence.  So, I don’t see any red flags there.

I do wonder about the game cameras though.  They must have senses that are extremely adept at detecting when something in their world indicates a human presence.  That is why I am skeptical of Bigfoot excursions with groups of people that casually go out and invariably find something which is always inconclusive.  🤨 

• Upvote 1

On 9/9/2023 at 4:04 AM, PNWexplorer said:

So, per the title of the thread, how have the "woo-woo" accounts and sightings affected your opinion of what sasquatch is?  Or have you decided to discount them like Barrackman and Meldrum?

Not exactly sure what woo-woo really means but here is the conclusion I have drawn.  All my experiences with BF are of the generic variety and luckily for me resulted in nothing more than being yelled at by a creature living in the woods but not one that is known.  Studying every report I could read after my first encounter 25 years ago clearly reveals a disconnect between the general wood-ape view of BFs and the ninja special powers version of BF.  A separate but related data point is we are not alone as a species in the universe, the only real question is can you get from there to here.  The only way to square the circle between the two versions of BF that I can comprehend is that the wood-ape BFs  has a distant relationship with the UFO-woo BF and the visitations seen by a few are checkups and the ninja-woo BFs are the advanced breed.  Think home-whatever and homo sapien meets escape from NY but on a cosmic dimension.  The alternative is a whole lot of people are lying.  Honestly, do not care which is right as long as I can walk my dogs in deep woods without being molested.

Take Care - Chris

So in essence, we have a flesh and blood BF  closely related to an Alien BF with different abilities?  I’m talking in very laymen terms, but in general 

…….🤷🏻

2 minutes ago, Twist said:

So in essence, we have a flesh and blood BF  closely related to an Alien BF with different abilities?  I’m talking in very laymen terms, but in general 

…….🤷🏻

Yep, you got any better ideas other than people are lying.

7 minutes ago, NCBFr said:

Yep, you got any better ideas other than people are lying.

You obviously haven’t ready my last few posts……

**hint…,I been suggesting while not knowing why or how something is up.  😙😙

Edited by Twist