How have the "woo-woo" reports affected your opinion?

PNWexplorer

1 hour ago, 7.62 said:

There's not a place in the lower 48 where there's isn't a road within 20 miles or so 

That is true, but it also helps explain the increase in reports over the past 75 years, which have been our road building years. Indeed, I'm older than our interstate highway system, created during the Eisenhower administration.

For example, there are historical sasquatch reports going back to pre-European contact in the Bluff Creek area, but it wasn't until the USFS opened logging leases in the region in the 1950's, and built logging roads throughout the area, that the real action began there. Thus that area bordered by US199 to the north, US101 on the west, US96 to the south, and I5 on the east was opened like a can of sasquatches just 70 years ago.......maybe two sasquatch lifetimes? And within 20 years, the sasquatches either got real good at avoiding people, or most left.

Of course, it helps now that the logging roads are closed during winter when tracks in the snow can be so easily found............

• Upvote 1

There is definitely no where for any Bigfoot to remain undetected in the densely populated Blue Ridge Mountains of NC.   :guitar:

image.thumb.jpeg.51ca22179abf5af46ee741e2c43b7dcc.jpeg       image.jpeg

Edited by xspider1

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

That is true, but it also helps explain the increase in reports over the past 75 years, which have been our road building years. Indeed, I'm older than our interstate highway system, created during the Eisenhower administration.

For example, there are historical sasquatch reports going back to pre-European contact in the Bluff Creek area, but it wasn't until the USFS opened logging leases in the region in the 1950's, and built logging roads throughout the area, that the real action began there. Thus that area bordered by US199 to the north, US101 on the west, US96 to the south, and I5 on the east was opened like a can of sasquatches just 70 years ago.......maybe two sasquatch lifetimes? And within 20 years, the sasquatches either got real good at avoiding people, or most left.

Of course, it helps now that the logging roads are closed during winter when tracks in the snow can be so easily found............

It doesn't explain avoidance of trail cameras . There have been 100's of cameras installed through power lines where game travels every day .There are all kinds of signals , scents all through those areas  . Are we are suppose to be of the notion that Sasquatches know they are being filmed and photographed . There are all kinds of electrical boxes 

in areas like that through miles and miles of forest .  If a Sasquatch was scared of every electrical signal in the air they would all be nervous wreaks never venturing out from where they live. They are spotted  in campgrounds  with power hooks up for every camper .  There is no rational explanation how they can avoid trail cams when there are literally 1000's of them at any given time of the year in every forest and every state . I could walk through a state forest here and find at least 20 of them in a short time just following game trails .  That doesn't even include the ones hunters place in swamps  in that area . I mean everyone uses them now and they litter every forest 

• Upvote 1

1、 Global trail camera sales volume per year

As an AI language model, I don't have access to real-time data. However, I can provide you with some general information about trail camera sales. The global trail camera market has been experiencing steady growth in recent years due to the increasing popularity of wildlife observation, hunting, and security applications.

According to a report by Grand View Research, the global trail camera market size was valued at USD 135.7 million in 2019. The market is expected to witness a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.7% from 2020 to 2027. This indicates a positive trend in the sales volume of trail cameras.

The exact number of trail cameras sold each year is difficult to determine as it varies depending on factors such as market demand, technological advancements, and economic conditions. However, it is estimated that several hundred thousand trail cameras are sold annually worldwide.

The U.S market accounts for over 30% of those sales 

Edited by 7.62

22 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

If a Sasquatch was scared of every electrical signal in the air they would all be nervous wreaks never venturing out from where they live.

Bingo!  Or, I would say that they probably rarely venture from where they live, not never.  Please don't site the volume of reports indicating that many Sasquatch frequent populated areas and campsites because that is most likely hog wash.  How many of those game cameras ("trail cam" is bad description, imo) are being deployed in extremely remote locations?  .01% maybe?

34 minutes ago, xspider1 said:

Bingo!  Or, I would say that they probably rarely venture from where they live, not never.  Please don't site the volume of reports indicating that many Sasquatch frequent populated areas and campsites because that is most likely hog wash.  How many of those game cameras ("trail cam" is bad description, imo) are being deployed in extremely remote locations?  .01% maybe?

Some of those research groups like North American wood ape have them in very remote locations. Thing  is they have to follow the game or they die, Just like the game  has to migrate to lower elevations so it can survive and find food . They have to move in order to survive 

Edited by 7.62

8 hours ago, 7.62 said:

https://www.projectremote.com/blog/maine/

This is a good website on the most remote places in the lower 48 and people who hike to them

State Rankings

We have documented the remotest location of 40 states thus far. Here is how they rank (miles from a road) from most remote to least remote:

1. WY – 21.6
  2. MT – 18
  3. ID – 17.6
  4. WI – 17.2
  5. FL (Mainland) – 17
  6. MN – 14.3
  7. NM – 11.5
  8. UT – 9.5
  9. CO – 8.8
  10. VA – 8.3
  11. AL – 8.2
  12. MA – 8.2
  13. MD – 7.6
  14. OR – 7.6
  15. GA – 7.0
  16. SC – 6.7
  17. TX – 6.6
  18. ME (Mainland) – 6.0
  19. NC – 5.5
  20. NY – 5.3
  21. NH – 4.4
  22. TN – 4.2
  23. NJ – 3.3
  24. SD – 3.3
  25. DE – 3.2
  26. WV – 3.2
  27. OK – 2.7
  28. PA – 2.7
  29. ND – 2.6
  30. VT – 2.6
  31. AR – 25
  32. MO – 2.2
  33. NE – 2.2
  34. KY – 1.9
  35. RI – 1.8
  36. IA – 1.5
  37. IL – 1.4
  38. OH – 1.2
  39. CT (Mainland) – 1.1
  40. KS – 0.8

Great chart 7.62, thanks!  We have to be mindful that remote wilderness doesn't always equate to forests that we, the public, can access.  For example, we all know Texas to be a massive state with a ton of land. Probably a tremedous amount of land for the public to go sasquatching, right? No. Only 1% of the land in Texas is accessible to the public. Contrast that with 65% in Idaho. New York State (think Manhattan and NYC) has 9 times the percentage of publicly-accessible land than does Nebraska.  Finally, Maryland and Oregon both have the some remote ranking yet the acres to access per person in Oregon is 90 times more than in Maryland.

https://www.backcountrychronicles.com/public-hunting-land/

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, 7.62 said:

It doesn't explain avoidance of trail cameras . There have been 100's of cameras installed through power lines where game travels every day..........

True........kinda'. For example, I own one of those millions of trail cameras. Where is it right now? In my garage. How often do I use it? For @ a month during those years I bait for bears, which is getting increasingly rare. And, as I've written many times over the years, I just don't believe that sasquatches inhabit this area of Alaska, or their density is occasional, at best.

And they do get captured by game cams. It's just that such photos are like photos in general; fodder to debate over. Photos simply don't move the ball.

12 hours ago, 7.62 said:

It doesn't explain avoidance of trail cameras . There have been 100's of cameras installed through power lines where game travels every day .There are all kinds of signals , scents all through those areas  . Are we are suppose to be of the notion that Sasquatches know they are being filmed and photographed . There are all kinds of electrical boxes 

in areas like that through miles and miles of forest .  If a Sasquatch was scared of every electrical signal in the air they would all be nervous wreaks never venturing out from where they live. They are spotted  in campgrounds  with power hooks up for every camper .  There is no rational explanation how they can avoid trail cams when there are literally 1000's of them at any given time of the year in every forest and every state . I could walk through a state forest here and find at least 20 of them in a short time just following game trails .  That doesn't even include the ones hunters place in swamps  in that area . I mean everyone uses them now and they litter every forest 

Evolutionary biology in other animals stokes the fire around the idea of "supernatural" vision. 

1. Dogs see magnetic fields: https://www.thewildest.com/dog-behavior/dogs-sense-magnetic-fields#:~:text=Dogs Are Tuning Into Magnetic,conditions of the magnetic field.

2. how humans evolved to see full color: https://www.genengnews.com/news/evolution-of-humans-full-color-vision-brought-to-light/

Is it possible that Sasquatch eyesight has evolved down a different path than ours, giving them sensitivity to electric fields and other spectrums (magnetic fields, infrared, etc.)? If you were walking in a forest and saw a beam of something in front of you, would you walk through it or around it? 

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, NorCalWitness said:

Is it possible that Sasquatch eyesight has evolved down a different path than ours

My perspective is a bit different. It would seem to me that WE are the ones who evolved down the different path- and we're all by ourselves. Case in point (and I'm only going to bring this up once, trust me!) The mutations that we see in that DNA chart are COMMON IN OTHER PRIMATES. To me? That's a huge clue not to be overlooked. Plus our brain genes are NOT like the other Great Apes or all other primates. To be honest? Why science uses Humans as a the point of reference to compare everything else to has only muddied the waters. It only complicates the primate evolutionary picture picture! The reference SHOULD be Gorillas or Chimps, because if it was then it would truly open our eyes to what is, and what we are, as Human Beings.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

how have the "woo-woo" accounts and sightings affected your opinion of what sasquatch is?

Not much to tell the truth, either way I figure both the evidence and lack of evidence indicate we’re dealing with an unknown here that we don’t largely understand.  If it was purely a flesh and blood creature with a breeding population it’s hard to see how we wouldn’t have more physical evidence by now.  But if it possesses supernatural powers and evolved alongside us why wouldn’t it be the dominant earth species and we’d be the ones hiding in the shadows.  

9 hours ago, Huntster said:

True........kinda'. For example, I own one of those millions of trail cameras. Where is it right now? In my garage. How often do I use it? For @ a month during those years I bait for bears, which is getting increasingly rare. And, as I've written many times over the years, I just don't believe that sasquatches inhabit this area of Alaska, or their density is occasional, at best.

And they do get captured by game cams. It's just that such photos are like photos in general; fodder to debate over. Photos simply don't move the ball.

As I asked in my previous post.  Are cams inconclusive because they are blurry?    YES!   

So far what Norse and Huntster have presented are blurry ass evidence.     This is not to knock Norse or Huntster.   But to reinforce my claim that we have no viable evidence.   Nothing clear.

BF is not caught on cam.    In today’s world, cams are not enough.   I’m about done in believing in this mythical creature despite having what I have always believed to be a class B experience. Personally.

7.62 has provided a very valid argument against trail cams.   Multiple members on the BFF have countered his points.   I’m my opinion, unsuccessfully.    

His point stands.   BF will slap campers, steal from coolers, show up on cams.  Etc.  Unless it’s a cam that can prove existence.  Then it avoids it.    Ninja of the woods!!     

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, NorCalWitness said:

Evolutionary biology in other animals stokes the fire around the idea of "supernatural" vision. 

1. Dogs see magnetic fields: https://www.thewildest.com/dog-behavior/dogs-sense-magnetic-fields#:~:text=Dogs Are Tuning Into Magnetic,conditions of the magnetic field.

2. how humans evolved to see full color: https://www.genengnews.com/news/evolution-of-humans-full-color-vision-brought-to-light/

Is it possible that Sasquatch eyesight has evolved down a different path than ours, giving them sensitivity to electric fields and other spectrums (magnetic fields, infrared, etc.)? If you were walking in a forest and saw a beam of something in front of you, would you walk through it or around it? 

Animals  and fish through evolution have different physical attributes  they have for hunting if they are predators  or if they are the prey , eyes on the side , changing color 

etc.... How old is infrared  I know it's been there forever but? 200 years since discovered ?  Then in the last 30 years wildly available to the public  They would not suddenly evolve to  see infrared. I mean they are not reptiles . I know bats also see it but that is such a rarity.  Even in most reptiles to have infrared vision is rare because most don't . Why would a Sasquatch which is suppose to be a mammal  evolve to have infrared vision ?  No  that isn't it in my opinion . There are no ancestral great apes that had infrared vision . Unless they are not mammals  and they are something else  not from this world 

Edited by 7.62
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, 7.62 said:

There is no rational explanation how they can avoid trail cams when there are literally 1000's of them at any given time of the year in every forest and every state . I could walk through a state forest here and find at least 20 of them in a short time just following game trails .  That doesn't even include the ones hunters place in swamps  in that area . I mean everyone uses them now and they litter every forest 

You can find at least 20 cams. Spiders and ants find them. The cams are poorly hidden if you can find them. If you see them, animals see them. "they litter every forest" Be careful where you relieve yourself There is a company in South Africa that makes camo material to conceal cams from poachers. It is visual based and does not attenuate evil EMF emissions. Works on humans. The material is called CamoHide. Was about $30.

The evil EMF is a problem. Plotwatcher trail cams are time lapse based and do not have any flash or PIR. Even when not takin an image, they emit periodic bursts of ultrasonic noise. 

7 hours ago, NorCalWitness said:

A beam of something.  Active laser beam triggers are available but we can't see the light ( TrailMaster ). Birds migrate at night using their sensitivity to the magnetic fields of Earth. You can't see them flying at night unless they cross the illuminated disc of the moon. The peak wavelength of light reaching Earth is about 555nm. All animals have evolved to take advantage of that wave length. The difference between us and the animals that roam around in total darkness is they have more rods to use starlight. We are stinky and animals know this.

Dogs are supposed to be able to see dead people / ghosts. I don't have a dog so I have no idea if the claim is valid.

Edited by Catmandoo
text

7 hours ago, NorCalWitness said:

Fascinating!  

“Researchers found that dog eyes contain cryptochrome 1, a light-sensitive molecule that reacts to the magnetic field when simultaneously stimulated by light.”

So, just perhaps, Sasquatch have also developed the ability to detect magnetic and electric fields!  And (getting Woo-Woo-ish for a sec.), maybe they even have the ability to counter act with a field that blocks electro-magnetism so that blurry pictures abound!?  I would not put that past the realm of possibility.

Edited by xspider1
  • Like 1