How have the "woo-woo" reports affected your opinion?

PNWexplorer

guyzonthropus… so do you think they emit the low level infrasound all the time, or only when threatened?  That might make sense for when they detect a game camera, or human presence, I’m trying to also account for blurry pictures when they may not feel threatened?

BFF Patron

@Catmandoo  His (Nielsen's) headstone reads "Let 'er rip".

Most likely he is buried upside down headfirst in that instance too, lol

On 12/7/2023 at 10:03 PM, xspider1 said:

Or, as when my wife climbed the walls of the Pyramid at Chichen Itza (when they allowed that) and she took many film images inside the pyramid.  Every picture was a blur (as she was told they would be).  That's just to say that there are definitely anomalies with light that our standard imaging devices today do not adjust for.

The limestone steps of that pyramid scatter sound. Were the tourists clapping? The sound travels through the air, on the surface and through the body of the pyramid. Limestone resonates at 35---45Hz. The Earth vibrates, we vibrate. A simple field test for vibrations passing to your camera is to put the camera on a tripod. Slide a 'bubble level' accessory into the hot shoe and watch the bubble dance. 

There are 2 types of Sasquatch images: published and unpublished. We can only guess about the unpublished images. There are images from 1967 that are good enough to be the Holy Grail of this site. Kodak 16mm camera with spring motor driven film advance and rotary cinema type shutter with a fixed focal length lens having very good glass and coatings. " Anomalies of light" were dealt with. The camera did not have any electronics / batteries. No light meter. The critical design feature was to hold the film flat during exposure.

The cause of blurred images is a rabbit hole. Most people can not hold a camera correctly. Then there are auto-focus and image stabilization. Auto focus takes some milliseconds for searching. If the shutter is activated during the searching, unhappiness usually results. Auto-focus and image stabilization move optical components and use battery power. Turn them off and focus to a hyperfocal distance.

My lenses with auto-focus use ultrasonic motors. Ultrasonic vibrations cause the motor elements to move. Great. My lenses work at 30kHz and in theory should not be affected by sound waves projected by our cousins. I prefer to shut off auto-focus and image stabilization to conserve battery power. Our contemporary camera equipment emits infrasonic, sonic and ultrasonic noise.

• Upvote 2

I've said it before and will say it again--the advent of smartphones have caused a giant step backward in the search for a clear picture or video of a sasquatch. Virtually nobody carries a "real" camera in their endeavors in the woods. Auto-focus doesn't know what to focus on with layers of branches between you and the object you wish to photograph. In the old days, I could quickly manually focus using my Minolta 35mm camera. The simple truth is I took much clearer pictures of objects in nature with the ancient 35mm camera than with any of my smartphones of today.  YMMV

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Virtually nobody carries a "real" camera in their endeavors in the woods.

Call me 'virtually nobody', VN for short. At least you knew how to use a 35mm camera. Film has been  coming back.

Let us fast forward. Taking a measurement microphone into the forest would yield anecdotal results.  We are bombarded by infrasound in our environment. It is all around us, 24 /7   365. We can't shield for it / attenuate infrasound. Sound pressure waves with  very long wavelengths are what we use to communicate with submarines. Goes through air, us, rock and water.

The rabbit hole is getting wider and deeper. The answer to the question of whether or not Sasquatch can generate and focus sound pressure waves is elusive at this time. Comments / claims are anecdotal.

Many animals have evolved to be able to generate and focus sound pressure waves and interpret the return signal. Elephants, Giraffes are the popular choices. Marine mammals have the best sonars. Better than man made sonars. Flying mammals as in bats echo range / locate. Not just mammals, the Oil Bird in South America can echo locate in total darkness with a resolution of about a 25 cent piece.

The old worn out saying is 'nature finds a way'.

• Upvote 1

^ ^^. thanks for the great info.!

I wonder if there are instances in which currently known animals can significantly affect humans with infrasound or ultrasound.  Could a whale incapacitate a human with a song?  😬  lol

Edited by xspider1

2 hours ago, xspider1 said:

^ ^^. thanks for the great info.!

I wonder if there are instances in which currently known animals can significantly affect humans with infrasound or ultrasound.  Could a whale incapacitate a human with a song?  😬  lol

Zoo keepers are in close proximity to several animals that use infrasound: Elephants, Giraffes, Rhinos, and Hippos. A Google search of zoo keeper activity might be in order.  Humans have been swimming with whales for a long time. Captain Ahab got too close. The clicking noises of marine mammals don't appear to be harmful. The largest whales and Navy sonar can kill / injure.

'Currently known animals': Rock stars with towering walls of speakers cause hearing damage.

• Upvote 1

There's so many human generated signals continuously bouncing around us anything coming from animals would be a small drop in the bucket.

And there's no doubt they're affecting us in numerous ways we don't understand, I'm sure it will all work out well in the end though. ;)   

2 hours ago, Chim Chim said:

There's so many human generated signals continuously bouncing around us anything coming from animals would be a small drop in the bucket.

And there's no doubt they're affecting us in numerous ways we don't understand……..

Decades ago, it was pretty easy to find locations in Alaska with no human noises at all for days or weeks at a time. I quickly learned that @ three days of that would begin a change in me. I started becoming more tuned to natural sounds. Now, it has become increasingly difficult to impossible to escape the sounds of aircraft. 

^ We don't hear a lot of deafening silence around here either.  ;)

"One study has suggested that infrasound may cause feelings of awe or fear in humans. It has also been suggested that since it is not consciously perceived, it may make people feel vaguely that odd or supernatural events are taking place."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrasound#:~:text=One study has suggested that,supernatural events are taking place 

"Animals such as elephants also use infrasound to communicate over long distances or as weapons to repel foes."

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna3077192

If Bigfoot can emit multiple frequencies including infrasound and perhaps even employ echolocation, as other animals do, that might explain an acute spatial awareness and their extreme elusiveness in being clearly photographed??  If they can cause profound electro-magnetic and profound low-frequency sound effects on their environment then, we're probably doomed.. :rolleyes:   lol