How have the "woo-woo" reports affected your opinion?

PNWexplorer

7 hours ago, xspider1 said:

If one accepts 'paranormal' to mean (by definition): beyond the scope of normal scientific understanding then, yes, they are paranormal.  And if woo-woo is defined as 'unconventional beliefs' then; I see no way to deny it.  I don't know why the word 'believe' is generally shunned here.  To believe is defined as accepting (something) as true; feel sure of the truth of.  That seems like a perfect word for anyone who has not actually seen/experienced Bigfoot and yet is still convinced by the preponderance of evidence.

In my mind, the failure of mainstream Science and Governments to embrace (or, to even acknowledge) the possibility of Bigfoot is fairly plain and simple.  It's a lot like politics in which people and organizations feel compelled to follow the mob mentality.  Just imagine the person in a Scientific field or, a Government position that receives compelling evidence of Sasquatch.  At best, they go to their boss and say 'Hey, this evidence looks legit, can we devote resources to it?'  And their boss, or their boss's boss says 'Yeah, that's great, but I'm not sticking my neck out.'  And they're thinking:  I have a cozy job here and I'd rather not have anybody think I'm crazy.  And, it ends there.

"one accepts 'paranormal' to mean (by definition): beyond the scope of normal scientific understanding" "then, yes, they are paranormal"

So by that definition then UAP's UFO's are woo

Edited by 7.62

Under that definition, agreed. NASA is an arm of the military. That means their FIRST duty is in the area of US defense. Preemptive if possible. And that means sending out probes  and all manner of planetary body exploration instruments. Plus the search for exoplanets looking for possible threats to life here on Earth. As far as UAP's go? https://cosmosmagazine.com/space/we-dont-know-what-these-uap-are-but-theyre-not-aliens-says-nasa/

But some of the phenomenon does fit your defifinition of ""woo-woo."

Edited by hiflier

11 hours ago, Huntster said:

11 hours ago, Huntster said:

"That's *probably* more accurate than claiming that *most* Bigfoot sightings are paranormal,"  said Huntster

The Indians fight a race of giants that have long hair all over and live in caves. Are these guys BFs? The skulls are round headed and not cone shaped as some report.

23 minutes ago, Twist said:

Space Force is the military branch.  NASA is a civilian agency controlled by the executive branch.   

Yes, but only since December 20, 2019.

Edited by hiflier

NASA answers to the executive branch which has as it's head...wait for it....a "civilian" who is called the Commander-in-Chief. The very head of ALL military branches. It's a "little" technicality that is not lost on me.

Edited by hiflier

5 minutes ago, hiflier said:

NASA answers to the executive branch which has as it's head...wait for it....a Commander-in Chief. The head of ALL military branches. It's a "little" technicality that is not lost on me.

It’s not a technicality, you’re wrong.  NASA is not a military branch as you clearly stated above.  Double down all you want,  won’t change reality.  

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

NASA is an arm of the military. That means their FIRST duty is in the area of US defense.

From the Nasa website:

Mission: NASA explores the unknown in air and space, innovates for the benefit of humanity, and inspires the world through discovery. 

Exploration, not defense.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Yes, but only since December 20, 2019.

The space force is an interesting topic by itself full of woo or the paranormal. If Sasquatch has sight, hearing, and detecting scent that is five times better than humans, this is exceptional but not paranormal. When does scent detecting become paranormal? If Sasquatch can detect the scent of a human during a windless day in the forest 300 feet away this ability might be normal for this primate. If BF can smell humans 2000 feet away on a calm day, this becomes paranormal in my opinion. What's your viewpoint? 

Sasquatch might be about a basic primate that has keen senses, forest survival intelligence and enough physical power to defeat bears but not paranormal. This physical power has enabled BF from becoming extinct early on. Woo or paranormal attributes may not be in Sasquatchs' bag of tricks reported by hikers, hunter, or campers. Its bag of tricks includes ambushing or chasing down speeding animals, jumping straight up 14' to pick off a critter in a tree for lunch, or throwing a volley ball sized rock 50' to knock out a deer or  bear. These attributes seem paranormal but are normal for our forest primate.                                 

The other theory is about a supernatural primate that might have paranormal attributes such as cloaking or becoming invisable at will. Some believe or claim that Bigfoot or BF cloaks.

• Upvote 2

A bit naive, but that's okay :) If someone want's to believe what the gov says then who am I to say. USFW also says it protects, enhances, and ensures the existence and well being of animals and their habitats for the American people. So does it? It supposedly doesn't have a Sasquatch under it's jurisdiction, however. Is that because the beast, and therefore its "woo-woo" doesn't exist beyond being a public recreational activity? Because if one believes THAT then may as well shut the Forum down for perpetuating a myth.

But if one DOESN'T believe what the government says then just where does one draw the line on whether one is being told the truth? About Bigfoot or anything else? Finding out the truth about Bigfoot ain't easy. Especially when the "yes/no" coin is presumably not allowed to fall on one side or the other. Because for me? Heads or tails doesn't matter. Only the truth, either way, does.

Edited by hiflier
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, georgerm said:

The space force is an interesting topic by itself full of woo or the paranormal. If Sasquatch has sight, hearing, and detecting scent that is five times better than humans, this is exceptional but not paranormal. When does scent detecting become paranormal? If Sasquatch can detect the scent of a human during a windless day in the forest 300 feet away this ability might be normal for this primate. If BF can smell humans 2000 feet away on a calm day, this becomes paranormal in my opinion. What's your viewpoint? 

Sasquatch might be about a basic primate that has keen senses, forest survival intelligence and enough physical power to defeat bears but not paranormal. This physical power has enabled BF from becoming extinct early on. Woo or paranormal attributes may not be in Sasquatchs' bag of tricks reported by hikers, hunter, or campers. Its bag of tricks includes ambushing or chasing down speeding animals, jumping straight up 14' to pick off a critter in a tree for lunch, or throwing a volley ball sized rock 50' to knock out a deer or  bear. These attributes seem paranormal but are normal for our forest primate.                                 

The other theory is about a supernatural primate that might have paranormal attributes such as cloaking or becoming invisable at will. Some believe or claim that Bigfoot or BF cloaks.

Then they would have become the dominant species in the forest but clearly they are not . We encroach but large mammals  survived unless we as humans decided we didn't want them to , wolves we almost wiped out in the lower 48 , grizzlies same thing . No one was hunting Sasquatches but apparently they seem to be dying off 

3 hours ago, georgerm said:

What's your viewpoint? 

I think i get your drift, georgerm.  Perhaps we can’t say, at this point, if they are paranormal or not.  Certainly, their apparent physical prowess, as incredible as it seems, could be comparable to that of other great apes.

Again, ‘paranormal’ being defined as: 

‘of or relating to the claimed occurrence of an event or perception without scientific explanation’, seems to apply, at least for now.

For instance, Science cannot explain why clear images of them can not be captured with digital cameras, but, that does seem to be the case.

Edited by xspider1

41 minutes ago, xspider1 said:

I think i get your drift, georgerm.  Perhaps we can’t say, at this point, if they are paranormal or not.  Certainly, their apparent physical prowess, as incredible as it seems, could be comparable to that of other great apes.

Again, ‘paranormal’ being defined as: 

‘of or relating to the claimed occurrence of an event or perception without scientific explanation’, seems to apply, at least for now.

For instance, Science cannot explain why clear images of them can not be captured with digital cameras, but, that does seem to be the case.

We don't know if any that is true other than stories and some stories are from people who might or might not be dealing with a full deck  :D

Edited by 7.62

5 hours ago, hiflier said:

A bit naive, but that's okay :) If someone want's to believe what the gov says then who am I to say.

You are embarrassing yourself over this matter.  It’s ok to admit you were wrong.   Really, no one believes you are infallible, I promise.  

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Twist said:

You are embarrassing yourself over this matter.  It’s ok to admit you were wrong.   Really, no one believes you are infallible, I promise.  

Nah, just showing my age is all ;) Thanks for setting me straight.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA

"The Eisenhower Administration decided to split the United States' military and civil spaceflight programs, which were organized together under Defense Department's Advanced Research Projects Agency. NASA was established on July 29, 1958, with the signing of the National Aeronautics and Space Act and it began operations on October 1, 1958"

Edited by hiflier